Featherstone away Mon 17th may

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/05/2021 at 20:28, ChampagneCharlieReturns said:

Featherstone away is now on the Monday night with an 8pm ko, home fans only allowed by the sounds of it, our league not streaming it at this point, hope it's shown somewhere for us roughyeds to be able to watch it 

That's  true the capacity has been  heavily reduced for the Oldham game, the capacity agreed with the local authority is a little over 1600 which  in theory means  only  season ticket holders will be able to attend.

On 02/05/2021 at 21:00, RogerT said:

I believe you can buy a match pass from featherstone tv.

NO you can't FEV tv aren't allowed to show live league games  only live audio free to members 

38 minutes ago, jroyales said:

Typical Yorkshire plot!!!!

IF ONLY if only we could televise the game and charge non members   a fiver to watch we'd be quids in 🤣

If this is a decision by the RL then it sums up their incompetence. It's not going to be televised by BBC, Sky or Our  League. It's an opportunity to allow the wider public to see a game in a world cup year but the suits are probably too busy looking at applications from New York, Montreal and god knows where else in their misguided belief that development starts abroad.

55 minutes ago, ChampagneCharlieReturns said:

How can we have an away game we can't attend due to covid protocol I get that, but to not be given the opportunity to see the game defies belief, no issues paying for it. Bet it would be different if it was against bulls or widnes, we will get walloped I know but still want to see it

Bit sadistic there Charlie😲😲😲

1 hour ago, ChampagneCharlieReturns said:

How can we have an away game we can't attend due to covid protocol I get that, but to not be given the opportunity to see the game defies belief, no issues paying for it. Bet it would be different if it was against bulls or widnes, we will get walloped I know but still want to see it

not be given the opportunity to see the game defies belief, All champs and league games on the sat and sunday are all being televised but the three champs on monday not showing on their schedule

BUT for what it's worth on FEV web site in regards to game

We reviewed the option to broadcast the game in consultation with Oldham.  Owing to other rugby league broadcast arrangements that same evening, we were only able to broadcast the game if we rescheduled to a 6pm kick off.  Both Featherstone and Oldham agreed that as part time clubs, we were'nt able to commit to that kick off time.  The game will therefore not be broadcast but audio commentary will be broadcast via Rovers TV

9 hours ago, POR said:

not be given the opportunity to see the game defies belief, All champs and league games on the sat and sunday are all being televised but the three champs on monday not showing on their schedule

BUT for what it's worth on FEV web site in regards to game

We reviewed the option to broadcast the game in consultation with Oldham.  Owing to other rugby league broadcast arrangements that same evening, we were only able to broadcast the game if we rescheduled to a 6pm kick off.  Both Featherstone and Oldham agreed that as part time clubs, we were'nt able to commit to that kick off time.  The game will therefore not be broadcast but audio commentary will be broadcast via Rovers TV

Didnt stop Batley vs Sheffield been played Friday at the same time as Challenge cup ties 🤔

rfl shoot themselves in the foot drastically at times I feel sorry for the Oldham fans on Monday as I know we probably can’t go Dewsbury away in the derby week after.. 

On 09/05/2021 at 23:20, Keep The Faith said:

Didnt stop Batley vs Sheffield been played Friday at the same time as Challenge cup ties 🤔

rfl shoot themselves in the foot drastically at times I feel sorry for the Oldham fans on Monday as I know we probably can’t go Dewsbury away in the derby week after.. 

Nothing to do with kick off times  friday sky had cup games leaving our league to pick up the champs unfortunately on monday sky have one SL game and our league four so maybe  there just isn't the capacity for technical reasons to show more than that at the time but having said that rovers tv have the capability to stream the game remember oldham friendly  but aren't allowed to do it so I agree rfl shoot themselves in the foot drastically at times

On 11/05/2021 at 08:31, POR said:

Nothing to do with kick off times  friday sky had cup games leaving our league to pick up the champs unfortunately on monday sky have one SL game and our league four so maybe  there just isn't the capacity for technical reasons to show more than that at the time but having said that rovers tv have the capability to stream the game remember oldham friendly  but aren't allowed to do it so I agree rfl shoot themselves in the foot drastically at times

It's not the RFL but Sky, who own the rights to Championship games, who are preventing the game being aired. The 2 clubs are more to blame than the RFL by agreeing to move the game.

16 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

It's not the RFL but Sky, who own the rights to Championship games, who are preventing the game being aired. The 2 clubs are more to blame than the RFL by agreeing to move the game.

I know that's the case LTS but my point is why didn't RFL say if you don't want them we have the right to offer them to  the clubs who do   i.e Rovers TV 

56 minutes ago, POR said:

I know that's the case LTS but my point is why didn't RFL say if you don't want them we have the right to offer them to  the clubs who do   i.e Rovers TV 

Because the RFL cannot do that, they have sold the rights to show the games and only Sky can give permission.

14 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Because the RFL cannot do that, they have sold the rights to show the games and only Sky can give permission.

I know all about that but in the current covid situation though  I thought they could  have come to some sort of agreement to just allow clubs to show their own games that would not impinge on their monopoly of TV rights If they did it would give sky a Blue Peter Badge😀

Interesting reading today about the Featherstone game, it appears THEY changed the fixture date from Sunday so THEY could get spectators into the ground. I'd like to know can a club change a fixture date because it suits them? If that's the case let's make it as awkward as possible when THEY come to us.

26 minutes ago, jroyales said:

Interesting reading today about the Featherstone game, it appears THEY changed the fixture date from Sunday so THEY could get spectators into the ground. I'd like to know can a club change a fixture date because it suits them? If that's the case let's make it as awkward as possible when THEY come to us.

No, one team cannot just decide to change the date

37 minutes ago, jroyales said:

Any fixture have to be agreed by both clubs with the RFL

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Archived