Folau joins Southport Tigers

1 hour ago, jacobus said:

It doesnt appear to be as straightforward as all that. 

Catalans say he is under contract and they expect him back, whereas his new mate says they didnt pay him when he refused to come back from Australia for pre-season making the contract void as Dragons stopped his salary. 

So this has been planned for a long time and looks like it has ben executed in a way to make Bernard even more angry than usual. 

The courts will decide and as you say Izzy always wins. 

Much as I am a fan of Catalans, they have had this coming to them from the minute they signed him. 

Even if his contract is void Catalans will hold his registration with the RFL so whoever he signs with need to deal with that before he can play

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hopefully Catalans got a good settlement:

Israel Folau is free to make his rugby league return in Australia after finally resolving his contract dispute with former club Catalans Dragons.

The Courier Mail reported the 32-year-old reached an out of court agreement with the French franchise on the terms of his contractual release.

Folau is now eligible to make his debut for Gold Coast club Southport Tigers as soon as the club’s next game.

NRL 2021: Israel Folau return to rugby league, Catalans Dragons, Southport Tigers, QRL (foxsports.com.au)

I know it shouldn't but headlines like "Folau set for rugby league return after resolving contract dispute" just annoy me so much.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Catalans went out on a limb for him when he was a pariah , give him an in at a high level again … he then dumps on them and reneges  on his contract . Speaks for itself really 

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Have you met him? 

No, but I've seen and heard what he's about and you don't have to lay an egg to know if it's bad!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

4 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Look at how he left union and the dragons before even delving into his social media meltdowns.

He is hardly the first player to leave a contract. Catalans got their compensation.

As to his Social Media meltdowns... well, he is opinionated with regards to his religion, but he has never said he hates anyone.

I have a sneaking suspicion he is a very decent person away from the media frenzy, who probably is as compassionate for people that don’t like him as he would be for his family and friends.

9 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

He is hardly the first player to leave a contract. Catalans got their compensation.

As to his Social Media meltdowns... well, he is opinionated with regards to his religion, but he has never said he hates anyone.

I have a sneaking suspicion he is a very decent person away from the media frenzy, who probably is as compassionate for people that don’t like him as he would be for his family and friends.

Yeah, hell awaits all homosexuals and non-believers but Izzy loves you really. lol!!

10 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Yeah, hell awaits all homosexuals and non-believers but Izzy loves you really. lol!!

Just because he believes various groups (much wider than just homosexuals, I’m in at least two of his other groups) are going to hell doesn’t mean he doesn’t like them. 

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Just because he believes various groups (much wider than just homosexuals, I’m in at least two of his other groups) are going to hell doesn’t mean he doesn’t like them. 

No, it's a really compassionate pronouncement and speaks volumes for parables and teachings of love and forgiveness.

But I don't hate him at all, he's just a dick, like Joel Moon.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

16 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I’d hate to see what Izzy says about the people he doesn’t like.

30 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

How do you feel about all the money he raised from Christians across Australia to fight for the right for freedom of religious expression before settling out of court, apologising and keeping the multi million dollar settlement that their money paid for?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

How do you feel about all the money he raised from Christians across Australia to fight for the right for freedom of religious expression before settling out of court, apologising and keeping the multi million dollar settlement that their money paid for?

Have you got a link to that story please? I’d like to read about it (have heard it on this forum many times but never read an actual news article about it). 

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Have you got a link to that story please? I’d like to read about it (have heard it on this forum many times but never read an actual news article about it). 

Israel Folau raises millions of dollars to fight for rights to freedom of religious expression in his legal battle with the ARU.

Folau raises more than A$1 million in one day as Christian group takes up fundraiser | South China Morning Post (scmp.com)

Israel Folau uses that money to reach an out of court settlement with the ARU with both parties apologising for "any hurt or harm caused".

Israel Folau reaches settlement with Rugby Australia - BBC News

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

I don't think Dunbar was defending him.

Thanks.  I certainly wasn't. 

10 hours ago, Dunbar said:

I feel that the people that financially supported his legal case, did so because they shared his concerns for freedom of speech. He never lost his case, so those freedoms are still reasonably there and those supporters have achieved what they set out to achieve.

Archived