Barrow away

Unicorn 106

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any news on Gabe Fell? These increasingly harder pitches are a real worry. I liked the way he came more into the game 2nd half attacking wise and so nearly won it for us. 

Agree, we do seem to have a bit of a size disadvantage to a lot of teams in the forwards, think we could do with a Fui or 2 just to even things up a bit

32 minutes ago, bobg said:

Why can’t Barrow just admit that both teams have injuries and admit that overall on the day Town where the better team.

I my opinion they seem to think they’ve got a good given right to get out of this division. They’ve run some great initiatives and invested heavily in the squad and seem to think they are on a different level to everybody else and the injuries might just take away what they think is theirs. There’s a certain arrogance with them, which is no bad thing channelled correctly, but when you get their coach essentially saying take Jamie Doran out of our side and we’d be goosed and we just play side to side with awful goal line defence, then he’s effectively dismissing Chris Thorman as a coach. He can certainly think those things and coach his side to exploit weaknesses but to say it in an after match interview smacked of arrogance, sour grapes and that he couldn’t quite believe we’d taken a point of them, when actually our 2nd half performance and our performance overall when it was 13 against 13 deserved the win. As I say just my opinion, I used to like listening to him when he was a summariser on the radio but I think the pressure on the the back of all the investment is getting to him.

Hopefully he'll have a bit more pressure after next week. Dons go there with nothing to prove. It'd be nice to see Dons and Town promoted together again. 93/94 neither team were favourites to go up. I can see a parallel to then with both teams quietly going about their business.

1 hour ago, IanMac said:

I my opinion they seem to think they’ve got a good given right to get out of this division. They’ve run some great initiatives and invested heavily in the squad and seem to think they are on a different level to everybody else and the injuries might just take away what they think is theirs. There’s a certain arrogance with them, which is no bad thing channelled correctly, but when you get their coach essentially saying take Jamie Doran out of our side and we’d be goosed and we just play side to side with awful goal line defence, then he’s effectively dismissing Chris Thorman as a coach. He can certainly think those things and coach his side to exploit weaknesses but to say it in an after match interview smacked of arrogance, sour grapes and that he couldn’t quite believe we’d taken a point of them, when actually our 2nd half performance and our performance overall when it was 13 against 13 deserved the win. As I say just my opinion, I used to like listening to him when he was a summariser on the radio but I think the pressure on the the back of all the investment is getting to him.

You’ve won every game so not winning is hard to get your head around . Your looking around for excuses , sorry reasons . Really if we we’re  that average and your 22-6 up there’s no real excuse is there ? Funny after all the stuff he threw around he thought conning a penalty to get a draw was fine . I thought it was a pretty embarrassing interview tbh 

Barrow fan here, Enjoyed watching the game on Our app as I’m living abroad, Worky we’re unlucky on the day imho & I have a question for those who traveled, What’s your opinion on the newer facilities at Craven Park & did you use them & what could they have done better?

How many when in before 1pm & did you actually spend more as you were a captive audience?

Good luck for the season & hope you go up with Barrow obviously 

27 minutes ago, mickmike wilson said:

Barrow fan here, Enjoyed watching the game on Our app as I’m living abroad, Worky we’re unlucky on the day imho & I have a question for those who traveled, What’s your opinion on the newer facilities at Craven Park & did you use them & what could they have done better?

How many when in before 1pm & did you actually spend more as you were a captive audience?

I was one of many who travelled down on the train, we all went in before one. I think the new facilities are fantastic, never got chance to go in the marquee but a few townies did and spoke highly of it. A great crowd, atmosphere and a fantastic game. 

17 hours ago, town2018 said:

Yes but how can a coach chose 4 hookers over a prop against a bit team and expect to get a win yes we got a good result today but what has it taken out off our forwards 

Listen to Chris’s interview on towns Facebook, specifically talks about Marwood.

Crarey was the same when we where challenging them all season in 2017. Hammered them one game was excuse after excuse from him . Saying all we could do was 5 drives and a kick . That seemed barrows tactics yesterday when youse had 13 on the field. 

3 hours ago, Derwent Park SC said:

I was one of many who travelled down on the train, we all went in before one. I think the new facilities are fantastic, never got chance to go in the marquee but a few townies did and spoke highly of it. A great crowd, atmosphere and a fantastic game. 

How many of you were in before 1, Dozens or more & if you don’t mind me asking this…..We’re you guys spending freely??

I am just trying to figure out how the scheme is working out for the club.

By the amount of plastic glasses on the terracing when your walking out plus the chip cartons.Something is working . But I don't know how you get away with it .there didn't seem one Covid restriction in the ground.Why is it that we can't Drink or eat unless your seated at a table  and Barrow are getting away with doing nowt .Must admit though after all this time under Covid rules it was great to have a great atmosphere crowd .. 

3 minutes ago, silverfox said:

By the amount of plastic glasses on the terracing when your walking out plus the chip cartons.Something is working . But I don't know how you get away with it .there didn't seem one Covid restriction in the ground.Why is it that we can't Drink or eat unless your seated at a table  and Barrow are getting away with doing nowt .Must admit though after all this time under Covid rules it was great to have a great atmosphere crowd .. 

Was amazed at the lack of restrictions myself. No masks to be seen, no social distancing and drinking and smoking anywhere in the ground. Makes Allerdale look like the East German Stasi. Unbelievable. 🤔🙄

9 minutes ago, silverfox said:

To be fair to them, they did make a social distancing announcement in the second half. The laugh it got was the loudest I heard the home fans all game. 🙄🤣🤣

5 hours ago, mickmike wilson said:

Can you still watch the game while having a wee? Sadly a facility we've been deprived of since leaving Tattersfield. Not all changes are positive. Screens need installing at the Keepmoat.

44 minutes ago, townie88 said:

It must be down to local council?

Same authority mate,  it’s Cumbria county council who do the ground safety inspections which makes the difference in what’s required even more bizarre

11 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Same authority mate,  it’s Cumbria county council who do the ground safety inspections which makes the difference in what’s required even more bizarre

Get over your self’s you should be glad a Cumbria club is getting the crowds in. Other clubs should look at what barrow are doing and copy. Been going to craven park for 30 odd years and never seen as many younger generation in the ground witch I think is good for our great game. 

5 minutes ago, Butch said:

Get over your self’s you should be glad a Cumbria club is getting the crowds in. Other clubs should look at what barrow are doing and copy. Been going to craven park for 30 odd years and never seen as many younger generation in the ground witch I think is good for our great game. 

Don’t think anybody has criticised what Barrow are doing, they are simply observations that there appears to be a huge difference in what can be done in Craven Park and what can be done in Derwent Park.I merely made the comment that it is even more bizarre when it’s the same authority that are guiding both clubs on what they can and can’t do under the covid requirements. 

2 hours ago, mickmike wilson said:

How many of you were in before 1, Dozens or more & if you don’t mind me asking this…..We’re you guys spending freely??

I am just trying to figure out how the scheme is working out for the club.

I sent the names and numbers of about 50 people who all entered before one as I was going in. I know others had also done the same. I can’t speak for everyone but I most definitely spent freely 😂

2 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Don’t think anybody has criticised what Barrow are doing, they are simply observations that there appears to be a huge difference in what can be done in Craven Park and what can be done in Derwent Park.I merely made the comment that it is even more bizarre when it’s the same authority that are guiding both clubs on what they can and can’t do under the covid requirements. 

You think you lot could get more in as you could all stand on that not used very much speedway track that keeps you well away from the pitch. 

Archived