Jump to content

Secondary TV contract - BBC 🆚


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Mark S said:

Don’t fall for the ‘mover to Leeds’ nonsense. It’s only the marketing team that will be based in Leeds, management will still be in London. It’s a box ticking exercise.

And people forget, on that point, BBC Sport is based in Salford.

 

I'm sure if C4 do pick something up  there'll be many claiming credit for something they've had nothing to so with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, Chris22 said:

Would be a shame if the BBC have turned down the rights. Channel 4 would still be a step in the right direction, as a national highlights show at a reasonable hour and FTA live matches would be a boost.

Although, in some ways, maybe it's a positive, we would then have live RL on Sky, Premier Sports, BBC and Channel 4. That's a broadening portfolio.

I agree. I think the more mainstream broadcasters that show the sport the better and it can only help to have more interested parties when rights come up for renewal. A broadcaster like Channel 4 may start off with Super League but if successful may then become interested in things like internationals and the Challenge Cup. The more competition the better.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Damien said:

I agree. I think the more mainstream broadcasters that show the sport the better and it can only help to have more interested parties when rights come up for renewal. A broadcaster like Channel 4 may start off with Super League but if successful may then become interested in things like internationals and the Challenge Cup. The more competition the better.

Internationals if we get an annual tournament would be great in the run up to Christmas for tv advertisers and sponsors on Ch 4.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Teams that are poor stadiums  (Wakey and less so Cas) and teams that are in stadiums massively oversized (Huddersfield and Salford)

To the Championship. 

Salford’s stadium isn’t oversized, they just get no fans. Huddersfield’s Stadium is a similar size to Odsul isn’t it? Just far more modern.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Salford’s stadium isn’t oversized, they just get no fans. Huddersfield’s Stadium is a similar size to Odsul isn’t it? Just far more modern.

Yes and noone would seriously want Bradford bk in SL with our current set up unless we could significantly grow crowds so it didnt look 3/4 empty.  

Giants average for 2019 is 20% capacity so will always look terrible on tv and diminshes the product. Likewise Salford 30% capacity.  Having so many teams who look awful on tv inevitably costs us money when trying to get TV deals. 

We'd be better off with Salford and Giants in better stadiums or replaced by clubs that are. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Channel 4 would be good! Do an advert with some of that northern slam poetry stuff they put on nationwide adverts and it sells itself. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Teams that are poor stadiums  (Wakey and less so Cas) and teams that are in stadiums massively oversized (Huddersfield and Salford)

To the Championship. 

So now we want to kick out clubs because their stadium is too big? 🤔

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

So now we want to kick out clubs because their stadium is too big? 🤔

Didnt say kick out.  I want to see them relgated and replaced by clubs who will enhance the tv product and rights,  not those who detract from it. 

And obviously clubs playing in stadiums that are far too big is just as, if not more damaging for the product than Salford new ground will be. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Didnt say kick out.  I want to see them relgated and replaced by clubs who will enhance the tv product and rights,  not those who detract from it. 

And obviously clubs playing in stadiums that are far too big is just as, if not more damaging for the product than Salford new ground will be. 

 

So kicked out then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

So kicked out then.

If you get relegated you werent kicked out.  That would mean expelled.  And again if you bothered to read the thread I already said I want weaker teams gone to be replaced by stronger teams to enhance the product.

That 'ask a question they already answered if I bothered to read' isnt as enlightenning as you perceive it to be. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyway. Who would trust the BBC with rugby league?  Just looked at their teletext service. According to them, the world cup fixtures are being played. Hope they are not spending our license fee sending camera crews etc there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Anyway. Who would trust the BBC with rugby league?  Just looked at their teletext service. According to them, the world cup fixtures are being played. Hope they are not spending our license fee sending camera crews etc there.

I'm more concerned they're spending our license fee on keeping teletext going. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

I'm more concerned they're spending our license fee on keeping teletext going. 

Assuming that 'teletext' carries the same data as the website/app, then the World Cup fixtures are on there but are marked as postponed or cancelled.

But that doesn't quite work for the beeb bashing.

  • Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Assuming that 'teletext' carries the same data as the website/app, then the World Cup fixtures are on there but are marked as postponed or cancelled.

But that doesn't quite work for the beeb bashing.

No postponement mentioned on teletext.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

I'm more concerned they're spending our license fee on keeping teletext going. 

At least some people still watch teletext. No one watching. RL world cup this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, northamptoncougar said:

teletext = awesome

I struggled to explain what a video tape was to my 9 year old, that would just blow her mind!

Stay well clear of contested scrums then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Didnt say kick out.  I want to see them relgated and replaced by clubs who will enhance the tv product and rights,  not those who detract from it. 

And obviously clubs playing in stadiums that are far too big is just as, if not more damaging for the product than Salford new ground will be. 

 

How would you relegate clubs based on their attendance to capacity ratio? One way to solve your problem would be to convert all SL grounds into 1,000 capacity stadiums, they‘d all be full and it would look ace on tv. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

I'm more concerned they're spending our license fee on keeping teletext going. 

Teletext is no more it went when ITV stopped doing it. BBC do Ceefax and also want rid of it to save money but it's a godsend to many people so they have kept it -for now at least.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Eddie said:

How would you relegate clubs based on their attendance to capacity ratio? One way to solve your problem would be to convert all SL grounds into 1,000 capacity stadiums, they‘d all be full and it would look ace on tv. 

Fev would finally get in then lol.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

If you get relegated you werent kicked out.  That would mean expelled.  And again if you bothered to read the thread I already said I want weaker teams gone to be replaced by stronger teams to enhance the product.

That 'ask a question they already answered if I bothered to read' isnt as enlightenning as you perceive it to be. 

Which team outside SL is stronger than Salford ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...