Congratulations well deserved WP appointed at Trinity

Willie Poching has legendary status at Trinity for his efforts as a player so I hope he can make a long term success as Head Coach too. 

great news IMHO 👍

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

4 hours ago, lucky 7 said:

I really do wish him all the best as i think he will need it as in my opinion there is some undercurrents at Wakey that are not in the public domain at the moment

And the silence is deafening.

I’d love to know because I’ve just attended a management meeting and the news is just getting better and better.

So when you’re ready troll.

On 23/09/2021 at 00:07, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Such like? 

On 23/09/2021 at 00:39, Kirmonds pouch said:

Of course there are in troll world, so go on name them.

On 23/09/2021 at 00:40, Kirmonds pouch said:

Don't feed the troll, even though I just have 🙃

On 23/09/2021 at 01:02, The Daddy said:

Spill the tea mate 

On 23/09/2021 at 03:23, Kirmonds pouch said:

And the silence is deafening.

I’d love to know because I’ve just attended a management meeting and the news is just getting better and better.

So when you’re ready troll.

Carter. He talks the talk but can't walk the walk. How are the plans for the new ground going LOL. He's trying to buy time for Wakey to keep their Super league status, but he will fail as Wakey have been promising the RFL a new ground for over 20 years and still the waiting goes on.

4 minutes ago, lucky 7 said:

Carter. He talks the talk but can't walk the walk. How are the plans for the new ground going LOL. He's trying to buy time for Wakey to keep their Super league status, but he will fail as Wakey have been promising the RFL a new ground for over 20 years and still the waiting goes on.

It's taken three days to come up with that?!

12 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

So you have nothing other than what's in the public domain already. Thought as much. 

New stadium isn't happening. Do keep up. 

Show me the link that shows that Wakey are progressing with their stadium rebuild or a new site. if such a link exists. 

We can't escape the fact that Wakey have been promising s new stadium for over 20 years and still we wait. IF the rumour's about a 10 team super league team are true then Wakey will find themselves in the Championship

1 hour ago, lucky 7 said:

Show me the link that shows that Wakey are progressing with their stadium rebuild or a new site. if such a link exists. 

We can't escape the fact that Wakey have been promising s new stadium for over 20 years and still we wait. IF the rumour's about a 10 team super league team are true then Wakey will find themselves in the Championship

Here you go I wont assist you trawl through as that makes it easy for you but the expectation is to go before planning in November you can read when the proposed start is. You wanted a link here it is find the info yourself.

https://planning.wakefield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?keyVal=QIGDSJQQIO200&activeTab=summary

I find it really sad that we can't have a thread congratulating Willie Poching (or that discusses anything else about Trinity) without it quickly devolving into a slanging match about Belle Vue.

We all know about Wakefield's ground issues, that doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to discuss anything else about the club.

Congratulations WP.

4 hours ago, Barley Mow said:

I find it really sad that we can't have a thread congratulating Willie Poching (or that discusses anything else about Trinity) without it quickly devolving into a slanging match about Belle Vue.

We all know about Wakefield's ground issues, that doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to discuss anything else about the club.

Congratulations WP.

Correct, but when Wakefield have been saying for 20 years that they are moving to a new ground or refurbish Belle Vue the club leaves itself open to ridicule. Like a vast majority of fans i will believe Wakefield RLFC when it happens, in the meantime i remain sceptical  if it will ever happen, but i really hope the club prove me wrong

8 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Correct, but when Wakefield have been saying for 20 years that they are moving to a new ground or refurbish Belle Vue the club leaves itself open to ridicule. Like a vast majority of fans i will believe Wakefield RLFC when it happens, in the meantime i remain sceptical  if it will ever happen, but i really hope the club prove me wrong

We're all sceptical,  it's hard not to be after all this time, and also because Yorkcourt are still significantly involved. The point remains its never been a con. The state of the ground negatively affects the club, it does not benefit us one iota. With hindsight Leigh and Salford may look back and wonder why theY moved out of their dump, but at the time, the offer of better facilities for minimal financial output was too good an opportunity to turn down, and one Trinity took with the idea of Newmarket. Its just the developer got their planning permission on the back of the community facilities and then stuck two fingers up.

27 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

We're all sceptical,  it's hard not to be after all this time, and also because Yorkcourt are still significantly involved. The point remains its never been a con. The state of the ground negatively affects the club, it does not benefit us one iota. With hindsight Leigh and Salford may look back and wonder why theY moved out of their dump, but at the time, the offer of better facilities for minimal financial output was too good an opportunity to turn down, and one Trinity took with the idea of Newmarket. Its just the developer got their planning permission on the back of the community facilities and then stuck two fingers up.

IF you held a gun to head i would say that to keep the club in Super League you had to do something about your ground, the club would go into overdrive to get it done. I understand what your saying, but it my opinion nobody has really grasped the nettle as regards a new ground at the club despite the talk. For me your club seemed happy to just jog along, but i think there would be a very real chance of you losing your Super League status because of your ground along with Castleford if Super league goes to 10 teams, or a new criteria is brought in, but that's just my opinion

Effectively it has been a gun to the clubs head. Its been hanging over us since we got in SL, more so during the licensing years. We've gone through the same process many others have by piggy backing a wider development which recieved planning approval 10 years ago, unlike other the instance the developers have welched on the deal. 

Without outside input there is no money in the club go it alone. If you don't have the funding you can't build anything. It we had a spare 20m in the bank or a non-morally bankrupt developer then it would've happened already.

2 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Effectively it has been a gun to the clubs head. Its been hanging over us since we got in SL, more so during the licensing years. We've gone through the same process many others have by piggy backing a wider development which recieved planning approval 10 years ago, unlike other the instance the developers have welched on the deal. 

Without outside input there is no money in the club go it alone. If you don't have the funding you can't build anything. It we had a spare 20m in the bank or a non-morally bankrupt developer then it would've happened already.

So in your opinion percentage wise what are your chances of having a new ground or refurnished Belle Vue with 3 years?

Would the fans consider a ground share with Castleford at a new ground if it meant keeping their Super League status?

11 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

So in your opinion percentage wise what are your chances of having a new ground or refurnished Belle Vue with 3 years?

Would the fans consider a ground share with Castleford at a new ground if it meant keeping their Super League status?

If it doesn't happen with this next application, then the chances are remote. We have the S106, we have documented time frames for a site start of four months after planning has been granted of the enabling development, we have a budget of £8.3m and we (and the council(who have been far less obstructive and much more helpful since Box was sent packing)) have stepping rights if the developers play silly beggers.

The issue with a ground share is one, there is still no money to build one and two, there isn't a location that both sets of supporters would tolerate, which could make it a white elephant, and would result in one club, or both, falling away anyway.

Archived