HEMEL STAGS.

19 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

Are there any more clubs in Hemel or are the Stags the only one?

Do they have any plans to create satellite junior clubs in the town?

As a thirty year veteran of southern/ London Rugby League, I'll say, just be grateful these folk are doing what they are doing. Which is amazing, but don't expect too much more. The south is a land of missed opportunities. With now no cash to rebuild 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Number 16 said:

As a thirty year veteran of southern/ London Rugby League, I'll say, just be grateful these folk are doing what they are doing. Which is amazing, but don't expect too much more. The south is a land of missed opportunities. With now no cash to rebuild 

I take my hat off to all those in the south that are involved in the game. I just wish the RFL had some kind of community strategy and fund to help these areas expand and strengthen.

I think Hemel have quite a well run schools program don't they?

Most secondary schools play league in Hemel, and progress to the Carniege Comp, plus there is the London Junior League, from U -12 to U - 18. Then onto to the Southern Conference League. Not many if any own the ground, function room, separate bar, 1700 play a weekly lottery £650 paid out weekly. 

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Good to see Stags have been awarded a substantial grant for ground improvements, much needed.  Also nice a large grant to a Southern based club. Seems the the RFL do want league down south.

Edited by newbe
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, newbe said:

Good to see Stags have been awarded a substantial grant for ground improvements, much needed.  Also nice a large grant to a Southern based club. Seems the the RFL do want league down south.

Good news indeed. I think I read it was for changing rooms, and possibly pitch renovations?

I wonder how many other clubs have applied to the fund? (It is so easy to do) I also wonder how many were not given what they asked for? My guess is, not all clubs, and no clubs. Easy to criticise the RFL at times, but in this instance, the money has been there for more than 2 years now for this sort of project.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/01/2022 at 08:12, newbe said:

There is various grant's. World Cup Facilities grant, clubs have to contribute a certain %.There is also other grants where you can get 100% ie pitch maintenance. 

World cup grants are closed at the moment until March I believe 

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure what's happening at Hemel.  One one hand Hemel pulled their 'A' team out of the East RL before the season started saying they couldn't raise a squad each week, and now just been told that Hemel Stags 1st team have called off their game at Eastern Rhinos in the Southern Conference League.  On the other hand they are revamping their ground and doing a good job there by all accounts. Is today just a blip, anyone know?

(Edit - Just to be fair, the RFL site says the game has been postponed and the Rhinos Facebook page says the game has been 'called off.')

Edited by Jasper
  • Like 1

On 24/04/2022 at 17:19, newbe said:

Just seen they have added another set of changing rooms, looks like  things are happening there. Seems like they setting themselves up as main focal point for RL in the South.

6 hours ago, bowes said:

Hemel have pulled out of the CLS East Division now.

Wow, didn't think it was that bad.  No senior teams at Hemel now.

3 hours ago, Jasper said:

Wow, didn't think it was that bad.  No senior teams at Hemel now.

No, I had a look in case they'd dropped into the East League or London Merit League but couldn't find them on either table.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, OnStrike said:

Just looking at the fixtures and they are in East RL league. Will definitely get along to a game.

Hemel

St Albans

Bedford A

North Herts A

Canvey Island

Invicta Panthers

Anglian Vipers 

Didn’t know Canvey Island has a team now?