Jump to content

Hopefully this gets the go ahead


Maureen T-k
 Share

Recommended Posts


32 minutes ago, POR said:

Latest from the carpet carriers

As part of the club’s long-term plans to improve facilities at our home stadium on Wheldon Road, Castleford Tigers is hopeful of applying for the full £2 million 

Someone tell them you can’t polish a ###### 😂😂😂

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Reading WMDC's announcement I'm not sure any grant can used by the clubs to simply 'tart up' their grounds. Be interesting to see if that is bourne out if and when the scheme is approved and full details are released

It does say   It would support all three clubs to meet the current, and potential future, Rugby Football League (RFL) conditions on stadium facilities so would have thought if RFL says you need AB and C to fulfil such conditions you will be able to use some of the grant to do this 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, POR said:

It does say   It would support all three clubs to meet the current, and potential future, Rugby Football League (RFL) conditions on stadium facilities so would have thought if RFL says you need AB and C to fulfil such conditions you will be able to use some of the grant to do this 

 

 

Ok, I'll rephrase it, WMDC won't give any of the clubs £2m for nothing (worth noting they mention yearly updates as to how things are progressing). And although £2m won't get you a great deal in terms of ground improvements - Wakey's Donny Rd 'stand' cost them £700k - it looks as though Axiom/Lateral might be stumping up some cash as a bung to enable them to change the plans for a retail park to what sounds like a business park. Wonder how much about that was known before the Resilliance Fund came into being?

Super League: Castleford Tigers set to focus on Jungle redevelopment and scrap new stadium plans | Rugby League News | Sky Sports

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Super League: Castleford Tigers set to focus on Jungle redevelopment and scrap new stadium plans | Rugby League News | Sky Sports

Is this the least surprising rugby league headline of the 21st century? At least until Wakefield announce their most recent stadium lies plans have been downgraded to a bouncy castle and whelk stand?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 22/11/2021 at 19:35, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Reading WMDC's announcement I'm not sure any grant can used by the clubs to simply 'tart up' their grounds. Be interesting to see if that is bourne out if and when the scheme is approved and full details are released

Yes they can if it’s for the benefit of the community. So you could certainly use it on your club house for say extra changing rooms, meeting/classrooms.

Ditto the floodlights if you could prove a benefit and the pit on H&S alone!

Don’t let’s pretend otherwise the money is being available to offset the monies being reinvested into BV. For Fev and Cas it’s new money, for Trinity it’s already earmarked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

What an idiot.

Give it a rest. The "new" stadium has been hailed by trinity for years. Every now and again Dave from Lupset does a new drawing. Scepticism is expected.

Just cos this time something might actually happen, don't come all precious about folk taking the spis

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reading the article it says 'Improving Community use', 'wider grass roots', inclusive facilities', Meet the needs of the community', 'Range of sports', impact of the usage'. Surely this is a message to widen our grass routes in the community. Therefore widen our interests and USE our land for community improvement. Things for kids, older people to enjoy, family participation, sports days for the community participation, other sports activities to attract youngsters, sport shops, shops for essentials. On and On look at the possibilities not a narrow minded ground improvement but OVERALL COMMUNITY SERVICE.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

What an idiot.

😆😆😆😆😆 I believe this is what's commonly known as 'touching a nerve'.

Nigh on 25 years of Super League money, sustained at least in part through occasionally trotting out the 'new stadium' deceit, with pretty much naff all to show for it.

Meanwhile those you've kept away from the top table, thanks in part to said fantasy, have quietly gone about developing their clubs and facilities without any of the advantages you've had, to the extent that many are arguably more deserving of a spot in SL than you are.

A wee bit more self-awareness wouldn't go amiss.

 

 

 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/11/2021 at 19:07, Adam B said:

😆😆😆😆😆 I believe this is what's commonly known as 'touching a nerve'.

Nigh on 25 years of Super League money, sustained at least in part through occasionally trotting out the 'new stadium' deceit, with pretty much naff all to show for it.

Meanwhile those you've kept away from the top table, thanks in part to said fantasy, have quietly gone about developing their clubs and facilities without any of the advantages you've had, to the extent that many are arguably more deserving of a spot in SL than you are.

A wee bit more self-awareness wouldn't go amiss.

 

 

 

Great post❗👍

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Normy_Rover said:

Yes went through cabinet this morning to be verified 

Im Fev and im proud

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, plug said:

Can we have some new floodlights please 

It would be interesting to know how much boothy would see the lights at milmoor for? It was mentioned on fb earlier. Boothy isn't the nicest bloke going and would never do owt ont cheap. But is a refurb job a go'er? 😊

Edited by Robin Evans
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...