Jump to content

Sun 26 Dec: Boxing Day Friendly: Leeds Rhinos v Wakefield Trinity KO 11:30 (OurLeague)


Who will win?  

27 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Leeds Rhinos
      19
    • Wakefield Trinity
      8

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/12/21 at 12:00

Recommended Posts


Fortunately I got our tickets a few weeks ago.  This is one fixture I never miss right back to the old televised winter league fixtures.  Available to view on our league too which should appeal for many fireside neutrals.  Both sides usually put out reasonably strong teams but Leeds regularly give a run out to one lesser known youngster who rips us apart.

Edited by Wollo Wollo Wayoo

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 20/12/2021 at 19:02, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Fortunately I got our tickets a few weeks ago.  This is one fixture I never miss right back to the old televised winter league fixtures.  Available to view on our league too which should appeal for many fireside neutrals.  Both sides usually put out reasonably strong teams but Leeds regularly give a run out to one lesser known youngster who rips us apart.

Yeah I've paid for this on Our league....looking forward to it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Going to this for the first time. Usually obliged with family stuff on Boxing Day but I’ve sacked that off this year. I thought I’d struggle to get tickets with the limited capacity but still a reasonable number left. You can’t buy on the day. Leeds have named a very strong squad. Looking forward to it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/12/2021 at 20:16, Agbrigg said:

I never miss this game and look forward to it more than Christmas. Leeds put out a very strong squad this year. Will be interested to see what trin put together

I'd say not an especially strong one, I reckon mainly new players and recently promoted Academy. Not that this is a bad thing as there is some real talent in that lot so should still be a decent game. The first half will probably be the more normal line up, second half I suspect will get a little experimental.

Its the second half bit I look forward to, these game for me are all about spotting new talent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Its the second half bit I look forward to, these game for me are all about spotting new talent.

Generally within the Leeds ranks! 

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Generally within the Leeds ranks! 

Don't agree with you so much on that one, both clubs tend to do just as well in that regard.  TJ, Crowther, Aydin and Jowitt all got their early run outs in these games. The result doesn't matter just that you get to see these kids potential and we've done pretty well out of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Thinking about a 2.5 hour Boxing day morning drive for this....plenty of tickets left I assume?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think they said no tickets on the day? Buy online?

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/leeds-rhinos-v-wakefield-trinity-ticket-update-and-details-of-live-stream-for-wetherby-whaler-festive-challenge-3505183

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Wholly Trinity said:

That's right no tickets on the day, and not many left 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Slightly surreal here as my two sides cross over for the first time (I think) in my life. 
 

Having wondered all season where Moseley’s John Davetanivalu has got to, slightly stunned to see the answer is Trin.

He’s 27 and an army RU player, but National 1 RU (level 3) to Super League seems a bit of a stretch. Still, he’s a good guy so hopefully it works out for him, and I still get to support him!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, iffleyox said:

Slightly surreal here as my two sides cross over for the first time (I think) in my life. 
 

Having wondered all season where Moseley’s John Davetanivalu has got to, slightly stunned to see the answer is Trin.

He’s 27 and an army RU player, but National 1 RU (level 3) to Super League seems a bit of a stretch. Still, he’s a good guy so hopefully it works out for him, and I still get to support him!

He is not signed and only on trial. Just wonder the reasoning for him being given a shot. Because if all trinity wingers are fit he could be 4th or 5th choice. 

As a matter of interest trinity have a young winger called Murphy in the squad. He is a young kid with good potential. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

 

As a matter of interest trinity have a young winger called Murphy in the squad. He is a young kid with good potential. 

yes have heard hes quite stout with a good head on him

  • Haha 1

did the bloke who invented the phrase "one hit wonder" invent anything else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Looking at the line ups, it really is men against boys. Pretty much the strongest line up for Leeds against a very young inexperienced Wakey side. Looks like they’ve got Willie Poching’s son on the bench 

Have to agree, that's a very weak line up from Trinity. Don't like making excuses early but I'll just be watching individuals for Trinity today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...