Batley on Sunday

andyacko

Sounds like a great team effort, you have to go back to 2019 for when Batley scored fewer home points than the 6 they got today. Hopefully we can put in a similar committed performance against Leigh.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, AB Knight said:

Sounds like a great team effort, you have to go back to 2019 for when Batley scored fewer home points than the 6 they got today. Hopefully we can put in a similar committed performance against Leigh.

Sorry to have to correct you AB but you're being over generous. Batley only scored 4 points yesterday.

4 hours ago, Clarence Street said:

Sorry to have to correct you AB but you're being over generous. Batley only scored 4 points yesterday.

Oops. Makes it even better then. Only time Batley have scored less at home was against Fev when they were nilled in 2019.

21 hours ago, White Knight said:

Unbelievable win. I am seeing signs of the Knights of 3 seasons ago, which was based on never say die attitude and amazing defence. Brett Delaney seems to be working his magic. Only one try and one goal conceded in the last two games. 

Only last week fans were complaining on here about our defence,only conceded one try in 160 minutes of rugby not bad going,great commentary from Andy and even David Ward was over the moon with the knights victory,hope we can follow it up next weekend against Leigh and hopefully can get 2000 plus knights fans at the game to back the boys

Had a good day yesterday. Train straight through to Batley. Had a few sherberts in nearby pub.Taxi to ground...£3!!.£20 to get in for anywhere in the ground.Quick chat with the Batley chairman who I think is a decent fella. Seemed to be more Yorkies there than Bulldogs. certainly noisier which is strange I thought as Batley usually have a very vocal support. Loved the match, it was proper old school stuff and a game that will stick in the memory. PP's pass to Oakes was class and especially as i'd been slaggin him for the past hour! Sorry PP! I should know better. Beer & age are no excuses. Thought young Harro was outstanding. Clint kindly offered us a lift back but we took the train and as always finished in The Tav. The past 2 years covid misery is beginning to end.

3 hours ago, Boyny said:

Had a good day yesterday. Train straight through to Batley. Had a few sherberts in nearby pub.Taxi to ground...£3!!.£20 to get in for anywhere in the ground.Quick chat with the Batley chairman who I think is a decent fella. Seemed to be more Yorkies there than Bulldogs. certainly noisier which is strange I thought as Batley usually have a very vocal support. Loved the match, it was proper old school stuff and a game that will stick in the memory. PP's pass to Oakes was class and especially as i'd been slaggin him for the past hour! Sorry PP! I should know better. Beer & age are no excuses. Thought young Harro was outstanding. Clint kindly offered us a lift back but we took the train and as always finished in The Tav. The past 2 years covid misery is beginning to end.

Although I never made it to the Pleasant place this year ( been attending the ski slope for decades ) from what I've heard PP had been relatively quiet until he delivered that brilliant late pass. Like all clubs the Knights cannot afford to carry players for long periods of matches in the hope that eventually they come up with some magic, so no apology is necessary Paul. But, like all Knights fans, l hope PP can regain full fitness and show what he's capable of on a regular basis.

ps  Hope you had a couple of sherberts for me.

10 hours ago, Peter G. said:

Although I never made it to the Pleasant place this year ( been attending the ski slope for decades ) from what I've heard PP had been relatively quiet until he delivered that brilliant late pass. Like all clubs the Knights cannot afford to carry players for long periods of matches in the hope that eventually they come up with some magic, so no apology is necessary Paul. But, like all Knights fans, l hope PP can regain full fitness and show what he's capable of on a regular basis.

I’m not sure people are seeing how much he does by just being there, attacker’s avoid running at him so it makes defence easier because they’ve reduced the size of the field they’ll attack and defenders swarm to him which creates space for us. He’s never going to run round and make 40+ tackles a game like Clarkson or Thompson as he’s too big, but when you’ve got players like them who can make up any shortfall it works well. 

From what I can see he’s basically making the pitch narrower when we’re defending and wider when in attack and on dry ground runners like O’Hagan, Harris and Marsh will have a field day. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

15 hours ago, Peter G. said:

Ahem. The James Ford interview shows he might hold a slightly different view to your good self regarding PP, Peter.

for me the big un, Mr PP, had a really good game, n did far more than just one pass, had a right dig i thought n played well throughout his stint, another ref may hav given him 10 for the high shot tho, which wud hav made a very different game of it, from my vantage he didnt make direct contact so twas the right call to keep him on.

1 hour ago, andyacko said:

Ahem. The James Ford interview shows he might hold a slightly different view to your good self regarding PP, Peter.

That wasn't necessarily my view Andy. " from what I've heard ".  Having said that, l don't believe our superb coach walks on water all of the time, for example he keeps saying that Matty M. is a superb half-back as well as a superb fullback. 50% correct in my book. 😜

7 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

I’m not sure people are seeing how much he does by just being there, attacker’s avoid running at him so it makes defence easier because they’ve reduced the size of the field they’ll attack and defenders swarm to him which creates space for us. He’s never going to run round and make 40+ tackles a game like Clarkson or Thompson as he’s too big, but when you’ve got players like them who can make up any shortfall it works well. 

From what I can see he’s basically making the pitch narrower when we’re defending and wider when in attack and on dry ground runners like O’Hagan, Harris and Marsh will have a field day. 

Couldn't agree more. He changed the momentum of the game against Dewsbury when he put Becket on his backside and then shortly after got the ball out of the tackle after drawing the cover in to allow Ellis to go in down the left channel. It's moments like this, and the fantastic pass to feed Oakes on Sunday that will win games. Used astutely I think PP will have some big impacts for us this season.

Archived