Fri 22 Apr: SL: Castleford Tigers v St Helens KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/04/22 at 19:30

When Saints commit a high tackle it is 'unfortunate'; when they concede a try it is 'such a shame'.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

any respect i had for saints is now gone and in any major final i will be cheering for the other team whoever they are 

I've been like this about the St PieLoins since 1066!

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

5 minutes ago, dkw said:

Isn't the fact the 2 saints players injured tonight are ones who played over Easter making their point perfectly?

It's odd how everyone agrees the easter games are wrong and overly taxing on players, yet saints do something about it to try and help their players recover and they get castigated.

I'm not actually in the majority who believe the easter programme is too much for the players.

Players of previous decades played a hell of a lot more games and did a day job.

Shouting player welfare and putting out a bunch of kids against men is my issue.

Yes im an old fuddy duddy and stuck in the past bla bla

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

fans buy season tickets before the season starts to see teams like st helens come to town to take their team on- on the premise that their purchase will provide them with the top teams available for their money - insulting to them at the very least 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

fans buy season tickets before the season starts to see teams like st helens come to town to take their team on- on the premise that their purchase will provide them with the top teams available for their money - insulting to them at the very least 

They don’t. 

Enjoyed that and quite proud of the Saints side overall, who grew into that game and can be proud of their efforts. 

Some of the defensive efforts were superb for such young kids, getting penalised heavily at times and dealing with repeat sets through six agains. The second half saw a better attacking effort and Pemberton looked to change the game for Saints’ attack.

Thought Cas were quite poor at times. 

I enjoyed the game, but then I always enjoy watching the younger players come through and see which one's look talented enough to make it.

A lot of talk on here tonight about the rights and wrongs of the Saints selection.

I am not going to pick a particular side in this debate but I will say this... the premier club in our competition have picked a side they know will not win a game in our top flight league and they don't care.  That's not a good look for our sport.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

Cas pay to see their own team with their season ticket. Not the Saints team, hence why Saints don't receive money from Cas season tickets.

they pay to see top teams with top players in a top competition as fans of the game as well as fans of their own team

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

I enjoyed the game, but then I always enjoy watching the younger players come through and see which one's look talented enough to make it.

A lot of talk on here tonight about the rights and wrongs of the Saints selection.

I am not going to pick a particular side in this debate but I will say this... the premier club in our competition have picked a side they know will not win a game in our top flight league and they don't care.  That's not a good look for our sport.

I agree it's not a good look and I'm sure the teams around Cas in the league won't be happy

19 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Cas are really average . 

Taking into account their position in the table and how statistics work the average SL team will be average. Still, you got it in there didn't you.

Tbf, you might well wonder how competitive SL is going to be in the next few years.

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I think there’s many points within this paragraph that could be raised regarding the structure of the competition, the amount of games played, the play-off set up and the stand they’ve taken regarding the daft scheduling. 

If sts really care about player welfare young and old.

They have a powerful voice in McManus get him to sort it out.

Or does his power only extend to picking and choosing who can and cannot referee them.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

1 minute ago, Jughead said:

I think there’s many points within this paragraph that could be raised regarding the structure of the competition, the amount of games played, the play-off set up and the stand they’ve taken regarding the daft scheduling. 

Yeh made a simliar stand many years ago nothing has changed except some players made some bets allegedly.

4 minutes ago, Jughead said:

I’ve thought for a while that Super League reserve sides should be in tier three and after that performance and West Wales’ amateurish forfeit of another game, my mind won’t be changed. 

I agree, tier three should be a mix of reserves and lower league first teams, usually development areas 

SL could maybe run a team like Midlands as their reserves 

8 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Indeed, which is why I am not landing on one side of the debate or other on the rights or wrongs of the situation. 

All I am saying is that when a premier team put out a side in our elite competition knowing they will lose and they don't care then something is fundamentally wrong.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Massively proud of those lads tonight. Couldn't give less of a stuff about the whining about the team selection. Why should a 36 year old James Roby be forced to play three games in eight days and risk injury? Saints have a squad and are free to use them and manage the fitness of their best players. If other teams can't win enough games to risk resting players then that's their problem.

Some really good individual performances tonight and considering we were down to 14 keeping the deficit to 20 points is massively impressive. Looking forward to seeing more of the likes of Pemberton, Moss and Baxter over the next few years.

Special mention to Just Browny's performance, managing 75 minutes without whinging about Saints. Top effort.

Going to let other people do the “integrity” and discussion about the positives and negatives behind Saints picking that side and the wider effects it has on the table and the season despite the majority of people agreeing the Easter schedule is ridiculous but three of the four Saints players who played their third game in seven days went off injured this evening, which says quite a bit, to me. 

What happened tonight was fine, for me. I’m not a fan of the Easter schedule and it can and should be done so differently, the coaches and players need to make it clear to the owners, who are those in charge of the competition, that this kind of scheduling shouldn’t occur going forward. 

3 minutes ago, Moove said:

Massively proud of those lads tonight. Couldn't give less of a stuff about the whining about the team selection. Why should a 36 year old James Roby be forced to play three games in eight days and risk injury? Saints have a squad and are free to use them and manage the fitness of their best players. If other teams can't win enough games to risk resting players then that's their problem.

Some really good individual performances tonight and considering we were down to 14 keeping the deficit to 20 points is massively impressive. Looking forward to seeing more of the likes of Pemberton, Moss and Baxter over the next few years.

Special mention to Just Browny's performance, managing 75 minutes without whinging about Saints. Top effort.

They still have played a few more senior players to help the youngsters 

Archived