1895 final

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yep just checked the Premier Sports schedule it is on live from 11:30 till 14:30 (3 hours is that longer than the CC final) then repeated at 19:30.

I'll be writing out my " Emma , can I have your shirt " flag later 😁

• Haha 1

On 14/05/2022 at 23:52, Cw25 said:

Says on virgin tv guide that Premier are showing this game.

Also on BBC red button.

Apologies if anyone else has mentioned it but there won’t be golden point if the game is level after 80 minutes. What an anti climax that would be!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Also on BBC red button.

Apologies if anyone else has mentioned it but there won’t be golden point if the game is level after 80 minutes. What an anti climax that would be!

Would there be a replay then should it finish in a draw?

13 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Also on BBC red button.

You're joking

13 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Also on BBC red button.

Is that confirmed anywhere?

Because I'm sad, I've just had a very quick look at the operational rules for the 1895 Cup and it basically says it follows the same as the Challenge Cup - the Challenge Cup rules say all drawn matches will have a period of golden point extra time.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 21/05/2022 at 11:02, gingerjon said:

Is that confirmed anywhere?

Because I'm sad, I've just had a very quick look at the operational rules for the 1895 Cup and it basically says it follows the same as the Challenge Cup - the Challenge Cup rules say all drawn matches will have a period of golden point extra time.

I should imagine if it is level scores at full time it will have been a very exciting game, and so should have a time period to try to sort out a winner.

OK I have a vested interest in the 1895 final being a fan of one of the participants, but I should imagine there must be a very big interest if not just curiosity value in this game from the RL public at large, so has the rules state which you have kindly brought to our attention, it should be brought to a conclusion.

2 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Can only assume that time restraints with the cup final and television has meant they won’t/can’t have golden point if it gets that far. 

There's a RugbyAM DJ set to fit in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Scubby said:

There's a RugbyAM DJ set to fit in.

Yes, FFS.

You can imagine in the hallowed halls of the RFL someone would have said "Hey what if the 1895 is a draw at full time" and Rimmer said "Oh F... never thought of that" well they will just have to share the trophy we can't deny the paying fans of Alex Simmons!

22 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Can only assume that time restraints with the cup final and television has meant they won’t/can’t have golden point if it gets that far. 

It's an afterthought Juggy, it should have been considered at the beginning of the process.

• Like 1

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Yes, FFS.

You can imagine in the hallowed halls of the RFL someone would have said "Hey what if the 1895 is a draw at full time" and Rimmer said "Oh F... never thought of that" well they will just have to share the trophy we can't deny the paying fans of Alex Simmons!

At worst 10 mins of extra time would taking it just past 2pm. I wonder if it is something to do with the BBC1 broadcast planned to be on the pitch? Coverage starts at 2pm.

1 minute ago, Scubby said:

At worst 10 mins of extra time would taking it just past 2pm. I wonder if it is something to do with the BBC1 broadcast planned to be on the pitch? Coverage starts at 2pm.

Could be - but you also need to give both Challenge Cup finalists plenty of time to set up and warm up, plus stages for presentations seem to take an age (and all that other 'entertainment' that the RFL has laid on). You have to allow for a few video ref calls per half, injuries, extra time and a lap of honour (because if you don't then you can guarantee they will happen).

The non league finals day (which was yesterday) is worse. It's sold as a double header but the Vase final kicks off at 12.15 and the Trophy rolls round at 4.15. It's basically a minimum 90 minute wait between games.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Only in Rugby League Scubby, only in Rugby League could this happen, I think if all the officers at the RFL worked together they would struggle to pass the 11+.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

It's an afterthought Juggy, it should have been considered at the beginning of the process.

Perhaps but the whole tournament and planning of the final is a poorly thought out concept by the game in a desperate bid to get some bums on seats. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Could be - but you also need to give both Challenge Cup finalists plenty of time to set up and warm up, plus stages for presentations seem to take an age (and all that other 'entertainment' that the RFL has laid on). You have to allow for a few video ref calls per half, injuries, extra time and a lap of honour (because if you don't then you can guarantee they will happen).

The non league finals day (which was yesterday) is worse. It's sold as a double header but the Vase final kicks off at 12.15 and the Trophy rolls round at 4.15. It's basically a minimum 90 minute wait between games.

Yes, it is a completely different set up now from the old Premiership final double header at Old Trafford where the divisional premiership literally finished half an hour before the kick off of the main event. That also increases the likelihood of fans of the first game nobbing off back home as they feel less connection with the big event

Edited by Scubby

On 21/05/2022 at 10:48, Tommygilf said:

You're joking

Not only the red button Tommy by the BBC:-

The Championship clash will be shown live on BBC iPlayer, BBC Sport website and BBC Broadcast Red Button, and also worldwide on bbc.com.

For the first time, the final will also be available to Premier Sports subscribers. It will be an extension of their regular Monday Night coverage of the Championship. 

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Not only the red button Tommy by the BBC:-

The Championship clash will be shown live on BBC iPlayer, BBC Sport website and BBC Broadcast Red Button, and also worldwide on bbc.com.

For the first time, the final will also be available to Premier Sports subscribers. It will be an extension of their regular Monday Night coverage of the Championship. 

Fab, but no winner?