1895 final

Yesterday, at the end of the BBC broadcast Mark Chapman said the Final programme will start at 14.00, so with the build up and 15.00 KO not time for much else, I have checked the RL on TV scheduling and there is no mention that the 1895 Final is going to be screened, albeit last year I remember the final was shown on the Red Button channel, circumstances prevent me from attending if Leigh get through, so will be extremely miffed if I am to miss it, as I would expect many others would also be and not even just the fans of the competing teams.

Edited by Harry Stottle

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yesterday, at the end of the BBC broadcast Mark Chapman said the Final programme will start at 14.00, so with the build up and 15.00 KO not time for much else, I have checked the RL on TV scheduling and there is no mention that the 1895 Final is going to be screened, albeit last year I remember the final was shown on the Red Button channel, circumstances prevent me from attending if Leigh get through, so will be extremely miffed if I am to miss it, as I would expect many others would also be and not even just the fans of the competing teams.

Should it not be shown on the BBC red button then I would expect it to be shown on Our League as that is how the SFs are being covered. 

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Can the RL sell it to two different broadcast companies for the same stadium?

I suppose that would come down to which company's cameras and OB equipment was being used to broadcast it (sporting events are often simulcast so I doubt having more than one broadcaster working at the venue would be an issue and they are separate competitions with separate broadcast rights). The RFL have access to such equipment and expertise as they use it for Our League broadcasts so wouldn't have to use the BBC's equipment. Hopefully they will secure a way for the final to be broadcast whether by the BBC or via Our League so that people can see it. It would be strange to broadcast the SFs but not the final, they just seem to be leaving it late to secure/announce broadcast details for the 1895 final.

7 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Don't worry H last year BEEB never mentioned showing it till it got near  to the final 

This website is not normally wrong when it comes to broadcasting and the 1895 Cup Final will be shown on BBC two.  https://www.rugbyleagueontv.com/bbc

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

8 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Odd to have a game that is specifically there to boost the crowd numbers on TV imo.

Not really , when it's 2 traditional clubs , if it had been Sheffield v the Broncos , well ?

33 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Not really , when it's 2 traditional clubs , if it had been Sheffield v the Broncos , well ?

Sheffield took a pretty reasonable number when they were in the final. In the context of a 60 000+ crowd, there isn't a big difference between a Championship club taking 1000 fans and one taking 3000.

3 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Works out well for me,I support Fev our young un 's Father in Law is a Wigan supporter originally from Bolton.And my daughter,husband and grand kids are Giants  members.Looking forward to my two arguing about refs decisions.

Enjoy mate.

4 hours ago, Dallas Mead said:

Beware Tottenham…..the Leigh fan invasion is on the way! Could be up to 1,500 if the trains are running.

How many coaches though and where will they park?

10 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Works out well for me,I support Fev our young un 's Father in Law is a Wigan supporter originally from Bolton.And my daughter,husband and grand kids are Giants  members.Looking forward to my two arguing about refs decisions.

I bet you are lol.

Looking forward to the game. Trying find a coach that will definitely get us there for kick off is a challenge but we should just about make it. I'm presuming they have put the Leigh fans down with the Huddersfield fans? if not that could be an interesting day out😆 I could be wrong (I'm not) but I doubt many Leigh fans will be cheering us on in the Challenge Cup final. 

11 minutes ago, WN83 said:

Looking forward to the game. Trying find a coach that will definitely get us there for kick off is a challenge but we should just about make it. I'm presuming they have put the Leigh fans down with the Huddersfield fans? if not that could be an interesting day out😆 I could be wrong (I'm not) but I doubt many Leigh fans will be cheering us on in the Challenge Cup final. 

You could also go on a Leigh coach🤔

Edited by Harry Stottle

12 minutes ago, WN83 said:

Last year it was Featherstone and Saints and York and c@$.

9 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

You could also go on a Leigh coach🤔

Mate of mine booked the trip with National Holidays last year. Ended up being the only Rovers fan on a coach full of Cas lads.

He's still scarred by the "friendly" abuse he got and knows lots of new insults

Edited by David Shepherd
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

Has Leigh got a direct train connection to London like Ponte has?

Very convenient indeed. 6 minute walk and I'm on a train to London.

😀

Not always on a bank holiday weekend, though.

• Like 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

24 minutes ago, WN83 said:

On the train from Sheffield 8.30 ish getting to Tottenham Hale for 11.30 wont now be rushing for the kick off of the 1895 cup and may have a bit of a wonder around the stadium (as that was part of the reason for booking tickets last August.. son is a Spurs fan) but will happily go in and watch it once we have settled.. aiming for the train getting us back to Sheff for 22.45.. going to be a long day but looking forward to it..