Fri 27th May: L1: London Skolars v Oldham KO 19:00

Who will win?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• London Skolars
    • Oldham

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/05/22 at 18:30

7 minutes ago, langpark said:

I think I noticed a few names from London Broncos, in the Skolars team today.  Does anyone know exactly how many played?

Think there were 4 on loan, 3 of who were ex Skolars players & 1 very young Broncos academy graduate.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jughead said:

It would be disastrous for both clubs. I struggle to see how the academy at Broncos continues and without that, it’s a tough ask for either to continue. 

skolars dont rely on broncos academy. they send some there and get some back but also get plenty of their own. for instance 3 of Saracens first team in Union went through Skolars pathways

• Like 5

7 hours ago, IM2 said:

skolars dont rely on broncos academy. they send some there and get some back but also get plenty of their own. for instance 3 of Saracens first team in Union went through Skolars pathways

Reducing a branch of their player pool whilst also offering less incentive to young kids would be disastrous. Also, I see no celebration in where rugby union are getting their players from. 

18 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

Oldham fans have taken this defeat very well 🤪 Usually a defeat like that for a heartlands club signals the end for the coach. Hopefully not as Littler is a decent coach 

He's not proving to be one so far this season 😂

TBH result could have been far worse for Oldham as Skolars missed a few scoring chances and on another night could have hit 50.

Looked like Skolars were matching the opposition in the pack for first time this season. No criticism of previous squads but they were (almost) newcomers at that level and couple of older heads made the difference.

• Like 1

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

On 28/05/2022 at 09:23, OriginalMrC said:

Oldham fans have taken this defeat very well 🤪 

“It's looking pretty grim mate.”……on their forum.
Hopefully not, the local derbies with Hornets, albeit certainly not as well attended as in yesteryears, are etched in time, heartaches and ‘rivalry’.  Presuming that Oldham rfl supporters would prefer to be in Oldham rather than in Stalybridge….Oldham Athletic has scheduled a Fans XI v Latics XI for June 26 at Avro FC's Whitebank Stadium, with all proceeds being put towards the pot to purchase Boundary Park.  The popular fan group Oldham Athletic Supporters' Foundation is also running a large fundraising campaign to secure the stadium.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwj6gJTLr4T4AhUvQEEAHW1mDH8QvOMEKAB6BAgGEAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theoldhamtimes.co.uk%2Fsport%2F20172773.oldham-fans-can-pay-play-club-legends%2F&usg=AOvVaw3j2YDt94ddR00ql2OXLgMY

On 28/05/2022 at 08:17, Jughead said:

Reducing a branch of their player pool whilst also offering less incentive to young kids would be disastrous. Also, I see no celebration in where rugby union are getting their players from. 

it simply shows the quality of the kids. off course we want as many pathways as possible but was basically telling you Skolars dont rely on broncos and never had.

7 hours ago, IM2 said:

it simply shows the quality of the kids. off course we want as many pathways as possible but was basically telling you Skolars dont rely on broncos and never had.

By my count, 7 of the 21 man squad that was named to play Oldham on Friday were either on dual registration from or have previously played for London Broncos. A third of the squad from one source might not be complete reliance but it’s a large number. 

6 hours ago, Jughead said:

By my count, 7 of the 21 man squad that was named to play Oldham on Friday were either on dual registration from or have previously played for London Broncos. A third of the squad from one source might not be complete reliance but it’s a large number. 

Ah, but how many of those 7 came originally from Skolars and were signed this season by the Broncos???

1 minute ago, bromleybulldog said:

Ah, but how many of those 7 came originally from Skolars and were signed this season by the Broncos???

Would any be playing the game in their twenties without the Broncos academy?