Waterhead social media

• RigbyLuger changed the title to Waterhead social media

5 hours ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

spacer.png

No different to this

A film so old it predates twitter itself?

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Village idiots about 40/50 years behind the modern world. Why am I surprised in RL?

I don't think this needs to be presented as something that highlights RL as backwards, although I'm conscious we never like to miss an opportunity. 

Cricket, RU, politics etc have all had issues with this kind of thing. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I don't think this needs to be presented as something that highlights RL as backwards, although I'm conscious we never like to miss an opportunity. 

Absolutely, its just disappointing I suppose to have these reminders...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dave T said:

An awful lot of well-meaning, left-leaning union types doing a full hagiography of someone who supported an apartheid regime because he happened to be good with a rugby ball in hand.

We really should aim to be better than that.

• Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

spacer.png

just ask the Canadian Prime Minister

Even older than White Chicks.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

spacer.png

just ask the Canadian Prime Minister

Done in 2001 and when asked in 2019 whether it was racist he said "Yes it was. I didn’t consider it racist at the time, but now we know better.” (a politician being honest.. shock!).. But still a case of him doing it over 20 years ago... surely we all should  know better now shouldn't we? Especially when these cases have been out there and the people have been rounded upon for it.. what on earth goes through people's minds thinking it is ok?

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

Can we be sure they weren't just trying to recreate this? 😉

The-Gladiators-Photo.jpg.dc9a22e4150fcb0b3f7dbbc1ff3a3a34.jpg

sadly yes we can be sure... the 2 people in the social media post are the same height.. 

23 minutes ago, RP London said:

Done in 2001 and when asked in 2019 whether it was racist he said "Yes it was. I didn’t consider it racist at the time, but now we know better.” (a politician being honest.. shock!).. But still a case of him doing it over 20 years ago... surely we all should  know better now shouldn't we? Especially when these cases have been out there and the people have been rounded upon for it.. what on earth goes through people's minds thinking it is ok?

Sadly there is a hell of a lot of the UK that is still in 1979.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Village idiots about 40/50 years behind the modern world. Why am I surprised in RL?

wrong on so many issues. culture at the club that young lads see this as acceptable and funny and secondly culture at the club that would stick this on their official social media

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IM2 said:

wrong on so many issues. culture at the club that young lads see this as acceptable and funny and secondly culture at the club that would stick this on their official social media

Deeply worrying culture

17 minutes ago, IM2 said:

does anyone know what the "theme" was?

7 minutes ago, RP London said:

does anyone know what the "theme" was?

Just checked.. it was a Stars in their Eyes.. Why the players thought "oh yes this will work well" and why the club allowed it is beyond me.

• Like 1