Mon 11th Jul: Halifax Panthers v York City Knights KO 19:45 (Premier)

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Halifax Panthers
    • York City Knights

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/07/22 at 19:15

On 08/07/2022 at 09:47, Harry Stottle said:

Yeah, I believe that Fax have now taken over York as favourite for finishing 3rd, when Fevs loss to Batley should have been the spur to ignite the chasing pack I think that Fev will easily finish second and the race is all for 3rd spot. 

Amazing how Batley beating Fev, initially made York Favourites for third and a few fans on here felt they could  go second, now Batleys win makes Halifax favourite for third spot, Batleys away win over big spending Fev never made Batley Favourites for third???  Anyway, Batley are 3rd, as per last season 😀 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chris_T said:

Amazing how Batley beating Fev, initially made York Favourites for third and a few fans on here felt they could  go second, now Batleys win makes Halifax favourite for third spot, Batleys away win over big spending Fev never made Batley Favourites for third???  Anyway, Batley are 3rd, as per last season 😀 

Are you claiming joint 3rd last season? 😃

I don't think York will be close to 3rd by the time the end of the seasons comes around, I can see them losing at least 4 more games but if they can manage to sneak a win tomorrow night then all that changes. I see Batley only losing 2 more games this season but Fax have a really good run of fixtures which end with Fev at home on the last day where Fev probably won't have anything to play for so I guess there is a chance they may rest players not wanting to pick injuries up.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Are you claiming joint 3rd last season? 😃

I don't think York will be close to 3rd by the time the end of the seasons comes around, I can see them losing at least 4 more games but if they can manage to sneak a win tomorrow night then all that changes. I see Batley only losing 2 more games this season but Fax have a really good run of fixtures which end with Fev at home on the last day where Fev probably won't have anything to play for so I guess there is a chance they may rest players not wanting to pick injuries up.

Don't be to sure about Fev having nothing to play for, if Leigh beat Fev at the bash and Batley remain undefeated for the rest of the season albeit they have go to York and Fax and play Barrow at home they will be one point behind Fev going into the last fixture that is unless Fev lose or even draw to someone else having to play York at home and Barrow away, Leigh play Batley at Home that day, so it could be Leigh if they decide so could make some "tactical selections" and rest a few Batley win and Fev lose to Fax Batley finish second. 

I think that Fax could at best only finish 3rd, the 2 points behind Batley now will make it near impossible to finish second, unless Fev make a hoolies of the run in.

Edited by Harry Stottle

9 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

That would be a ridiculous run of form.  3rd and fourth are much the same : Home playoff game before the nightmare of Leigh or Fev away. 

Some good little mini battles in playoff places this month. 

I honestly see us going in to the final game 20 from 21 just based on how we are playing at the moment. Please everyone screen shot this to rip the mick when we lose tonight. 🤣

Its a must for teams to get 3rd just to avoid the trip to Leigh, nobody outside of Fev is going to go there and win but at the moment there is a feeling very much that certainly Batley and Fax would fancy going to Fev and pulling off a shock.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Don't be to sure about Fev having nothing to play for, if Leigh beat Fev at the bash and Batley remain undefeated for the rest of the season albeit they have go to York and Fax and play Barrow at home they will be one point behind Fev going into the last fixture that is unless Fev lose or even draw to someone else having to play York at home and Barrow away, Leigh play Batley at Home that day, so it could be Leigh if they decide so could make some "tactical selections" and rest a few Batley win and Fev lose to Fax Batley finish second. 

I think that Fax could at best only finish 3rd, the 2 points behind Batley now will make it near impossible to finish second, unless Fev make a hoolies of the run in.

Nice spot. I think Fev have 2 defeats in them at worst looking at their fixtures so it makes the Fax V Batley game look like a huge game for both teams. For Fax that defeat at home to Widnes in the monsson looks like a huge loss.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Nice spot. I think Fev have 2 defeats in them at worst looking at their fixtures so it makes the Fax V Batley game look like a huge game for both teams. For Fax that defeat at home to Widnes in the monsson looks like a huge loss.

As is Batley's home draw to Haven last week.

Anyone particular apart from Leigh who you think could upset the Fev applecart?

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

I think we could beat them the last game of the season at home, we would have beaten them away if Jouffret's hamstring didn't go.🤣 Honestly everyone else I think they will have too much for.

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

York and fax could definitely upset them , fev now have a few long term injuries and with big Mac chopping and changing his 17 it wouldn't be a massive surprise.

13 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

That would be a ridiculous run of form.  3rd and fourth are much the same : Home playoff game before the nightmare of Leigh or Fev away. 

Some good little mini battles in playoff places this month. 

Not a nightmare for battling Batley lol.