Fri 15th Jul: SL: St Helens v Huddersfield Giants KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/07/22 at 19:30

2 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Just a knock on it’s not a double movement if you don’t reach the try line. 

I know, I was just laughing at Barrie McDermott's description of it.

• Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

11 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

That Knowles ‘late’ hit was worse than priors who just got 2 matches.

Exactly what I was thinking.....It was far worse.... Prior at least attempted a tackle (poorly and slightly late) ....Knowles just shoulder barged him.... Don't think it has even give on report???

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

1 minute ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I'm really starting to hate Saints domination of the game..... They are like cockroaches who won't die ...I reckon they could go down another player and still win this 

Come on Fartown knock them off their perch in the second half!! 

Well if they do win with 12 men they will have earned it surely?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, hullste said:

Not seeingany examples of similar instances resulting in reds on here???? 

So it's a first so what. Definitely a red card.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

There’s no lack of consistency. Every time it happens, the player is sent off. And rightly so.

McIllorum has had yellows and bans but never a red and he dragged the player in to a standing position not 2 inches off the floor. 

25 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

This probably doesn't mean anything to anyone but I would just like to point out how much Joe Batchelor looks like Number 1 from The Umbrella Academy. 

And for your half time entertainment, here is a video of Joe Batchelor leading the Umbrella Academy in a footloose dance off.

https://youtu.be/i2lpV4uopr4

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

6 minutes ago, hullste said:

Was it very similar to tonight's incident? 

Gwaze also got involved in a brawl following the lifting incident. That didn't happen in this case.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, The Blues Ox said:

Some of these collisions could really cause a lot of damage, my suggestion is we make each game tag to avoid anything really bad happening. 

I know what you mean (assuming you are saying it is a tough sport full stop so let's just get on with it) but I think getting rid of avoidable stuff is needed

Just now, The Blues Ox said:

Really? The two are night and day. One was a potential crusher tackle and the other was someone getting his ass handed to him via a couple of punches.

The nature of the injury is irrelevant.

You can’t lift an injured player. You’ve no idea of the severity of the injury. 

The players know this and they know the consequences 

• Like 3

Just now, Ant said:

Giants are just not on form tonight. 

A strong start, but they've unravelled a bit since.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson