Victor the Inflictor

He is a 13.  He is not a second row.

He is a quality player but so is Morgan Knowles who is better in my opinion.

• Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

6 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

He is a 13.  He is not a second row.

He is a quality player but so is Morgan Knowles who is better in my opinion.

And Knowles gets injured next week, Then who?

I also think Knowles should be in line ahead of Radley for the 13 spot (though I expect both will be in the 17), but squad depth is our primary problem and this helps alleviate that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

And Knowles gets injured next week, Then who?

I also think Knowles should be in line ahead of Radley for the 13 spot (though I expect both will be in the 17), but squad depth is our primary problem and this helps alleviate that.

Personally, if it wasn't Knowles at 13, I would look to Ryan Sutton.  But I would have both of these in the England 17 anyway.

Both Sutton and Knowles offer a good middle passing game while providing a bit more grunt carrying the ball up the middle than Radley.

That's not to say Radley isn't a good player of course.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, Dunbar said:

Personally, if it wasn't Knowles at 13, I would look to Ryan Sutton.  But I would have both of these in the England 17 anyway.

Both Sutton and Knowles offer a good middle passing game while providing a bit more grunt carrying the ball up the middle than Radley.

That's not to say Radley isn't a good player of course.

Fair enough, of course ultimately these discussions are almost always down to opinion!

Radley seems to also fit Wane's style a bit more imo, and certainly carries the ability to play aggressively.

• Like 1

Radley's an excellent player, but his position is not one where England are scraping around for potential talent. Nice option to have, though.

• Like 3

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

13 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Didn’t Wane have Knowles at prop, at one point? It wouldn’t be international RL if the England/GB coach didn’t pick someone in a daft position. 

I’m not saying I would or I always agree but coaches are sometimes just picking 3 middles  like that , Trobojevic  in origin wasn’t a big success 

6 minutes ago, northamptoncougar said:

Imo if Knowles went to the NRL he’d be the top 13 in that league. He’s better than when Bateman when he went over. The lil barstool has everything. 

Totally agree - Knowles is as good as anybody in the world.

If Victor was world class (and so better than Knowles) he would be playing for Australia. 

This is just a classic case of the NRL blinkers again....if he plays in the NRL he's world class....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Totally agree - Knowles is as good as anybody in the world.

If Victor was world class (and so better than Knowles) he would be playing for Australia. 

This is just a classic case of the NRL blinkers again....if he plays in the NRL he's world class....

The fact is radley is a top player and better then most in his position. Is he better then Knowles that’s up for discussion but England are in a far better place with both of them available 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Squad depth; you need that in the WC.  I appreciate he isn’t a second row but we’ve got little depth there with any real quality (Whitehead, Bateman & McMeeken) so Radley will be beneficial as he is a quality and no doubt adaptable player.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Squad depth; you need that in the WC.  I appreciate he isn’t a second row but we’ve got little depth there with any real quality (Whitehead, Bateman & McMeeken) so Radley will be beneficial as he is a quality and no doubt adaptable player.

He has also filled in at dummy half . I don’t see any downside to Radley making himself available , quite the contrary 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, DavidM said:

He has also filled in at dummy half . I don’t see any downside to Radley making himself available , quite the contrary 

Apart from a top English SL player not playing in the WC because an Australian NRL player isn't good enough to play for Australia?

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Australia haven't played a single game this decade. The most recent (2019) Kangaroo squad had Cameron Murray and Jake Trbojevic in that position, who aren't exactly chopped liver.

That same year, Radley was named at LF for the U23 Australian side.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The cynical side of me says he’s waited until Origin is over to announce this. But my question is does this now mean he can no longer play Origin or for Australia moving forward under the current rules?

If so, that’s a pretty bold statement at his age. Kudos to him for doing so, it shows some commitment. 

He’s not been at his best in the past 18 months and has sadly suffered a number of concussions which is a concern but he’s still a quality player, and someone I’d probably have in the 17, even if he’s not quite as good as Knowles

15 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Apart from a top English SL player not playing in the WC because an Australian NRL player isn't good enough to play for Australia?

Which top English player ?

I have been quite vocal about not playing Aussies for England but Radley's father is English and of course he should be able to play for England if he puts his hand up.

My wife is Italian and my daughter has never lived in Italy but I absolutely think of her as being just as Italian as British. 

• Like 2