Belle Vue trending for all the wrong reasons

4 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Over 20 years they have been promising a new ground. OVER 20 YEARS

Yes. And circumstances largely outside of their control mean that it hasn't happened.

Now that it's clear there will be no new stadium, they have taken matters into their own hands and begun the redevelopment of Belle Vue. To my mind, that is something we should be supportive of.

If the empty promises hadn't been made, Wakefield might have been starting this redevelopment 15 years ago.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Could you tell me how many years Trinity have been 'promising' a new ground? I don't think you have mentioned it before.

Just a reminder to you Wakey fans that the promise your club made and still haven't fulfilled that promise. Mate you should have been kicked out of Super League years ago due to that embarrassment of a ground along with Cas

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PhilCarrington said:

Which part of the ground should they have taken a picture of that would have looked good? 

The Saints twitter account regularly posts 4 pics of the ground before kick-off; not their fault so little has been spent at on basics at Belle Vue in the last 50 (60?) years.

1. The East stand boarded off, ready for demolition = progress.

2. The new, temporary seating at the South end, put in to accommodate the closure of the East stand.

3. The brand new floodlights.

4. The excellent playing surface.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Future is League said:

They did promise the RFL on their entry into Super League that they would revamp Belle Vue or build a new ground and that was over 20 years ago. How's the plan going?

FFS.

This has been disproven over and over again. There was never such a requirement or promise made.

The only "evidence" is an unattributed article in a newspaper.

No statement from the club. No statement from the RFL.

Nothing.

Urban myth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dboy said:

FFS.

This has been disproven over and over again. There was never such a requirement or promise made.

The only "evidence" is an unattributed article in a newspaper.

No statement from the club. No statement from the RFL.

Nothing.

Urban myth.

It hasn't and has been well documented many times.

You must have been living in a cave if you wasn't aware of it.

1 minute ago, The Future is League said:

It hasn't and has been well documented many times.

You must have been living in a cave if you wasn't aware of it.

No, it truly never happened - just fools like you perpetuating it.

Feel free to quote an attributable source.

You can't - it doesn't exist.

The RFL did not require a new ground/re-dev of BV as a condition of promotion.

The club did not promise to build a new ground/re-dev BV.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, dboy said:

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

1 hour ago, tracitiger said:

better than the 1/2 empty soulless drab library that saints play in

You are probably talking about the East Stand where you don't see any Yorkshire Fans, the away support is shocking usually between 80 to 180 fans but gets full with Warrington and Wigan fans.

1 hour ago, Barley Mow said:

Yes. And circumstances largely outside of their control mean that it hasn't happened.

Now that it's clear there will be no new stadium, they have taken matters into their own hands and begun the redevelopment of Belle Vue. To my mind, that is something we should be supportive of.

If the empty promises hadn't been made, Wakefield might have been starting this redevelopment 15 years ago.

While i agree and have sympathy for Wakefield my main gripe is that this has been going on for years and while I wouldnt expect heavy investment while you are waiting for something better there is an awful lot of stuff that could have been done that has just been neglected and even pride should have stopped that happening. Weedkiller, new chairs.. just little things but it shows a sad state of not giving a toss.. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, RP London said:

While i agree and have sympathy for Wakefield my main gripe is that this has been going on for years and while I wouldnt expect heavy investment while you are waiting for something better there is an awful lot of stuff that could have been done that has just been neglected and even pride should have stopped that happening. Weedkiller, new chairs.. just little things but it shows a sad state of not giving a toss.. 

You mean like purchasing the ground, installing brand new floodlights, investing in a permanent "big screen", and replacing the full roof on the Rollin building?

That sort of "not giving a toss" thing?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dboy said:

1. The East stand boarded off, ready for demolition = progress.

2. The new, temporary seating at the South end, put in to accommodate the closure of the East stand.

3. The brand new floodlights.

4. The excellent playing surface.

Imagine if they’d taken those four photos and put them on Twitter instead 😂

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Imagine if they’d taken those four photos and put them on Twitter instead 😂

That's the point.

What was the purpose of the tweets they made?

They were crass, unprofessional, and done deliberately to undermine and embarrass a partner club.

They could have posted something much more positive, reflecting the undoubted progress that is now actually happening.

You have to wonder what they're agenda is.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dboy said:

That's the point.

They were crass, unprofessional, and done deliberately to undermine and embarrass a partner club.

They could have posted something much more positive, reflecting the undoubted progress that is now actually happening.

1. Every away game they post four photos of the stadium. 
2. only one of the four photos is particularly embarassing, yet it’s embarrassing to Wakey who are the only ones responsible for the state of it. If they’d found four really nice things to take photos of (difficult I know) they could have been accused of hiding the reality. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dboy said:

That's the point.

Was about this time last year when we rescheduled the same fixture, at Saints request, to give them two extra days preparation and buffer prior their Wembley appearance.  Strange payback?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 minute ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Was about this time last year when we rescheduled the same fixture, at Saints request, to give them two extra days preparation and buffer prior their Wembley appearance.  Strange payback?

Pay back being taking a photo of your stadium and putting it on Twitter, as they do at every away game? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

You're jumping to the conclusion that just taking pictures of your ground is "payback" and that was the intention, rather than bringing some colour to the nature fo the away trip Saints were taking (in the way we do for other grounds).

In all seriousness, if someone taking a picture of the immediate area surrounding your actual playing surface can be construed as an insult or payback, I'd suggest the issue here doesn't lie with Saints!

Edited by FearTheVee
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, dboy said:

Oh dear me. You really are coming over as a Ninnyhammer.

1 minute ago, The Future is League said:

There has been plenty of evidence provided on these very forums to back up my claims

I don't think whining by moaning minnies, who know sod all, counts. 🤔

• Like 2

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

2 hours ago, dboy said:

You mean like purchasing the ground, installing brand new floodlights, investing in a permanent "big screen", and replacing the full roof on the Rollin building?

That sort of "not giving a toss" thing?

And if we are talking since promotion you can add….

- new roof over 1/3 of West stand.

- new roof over north stand.

- The flats were built post promotion too after getting into SL. 

- there has been a few paint/cosmetic improvements over the years too.

People act like the club has done nothing and made no efforts but with what little resources there has been some efforts. 

No it’s not ideal but with the ground bought and now owned Trinity have made a 14 million + contribution to making the stadium more up to standard.

Anyone who has viewed the plans can see the new stand has some excellent facilities both inside it and outside. 

Boils my blood that some fans think Trinity directors have just been happy to bumble along over the years. That’s far from the case.