Home advantage?

The scrim reaper

Il just put this! out there for a quick discussion seeing as where getting close to the end, every one is hoping that batley finish 3rd  which would be a fantastic achievement, and gain home advantage in the play offs, take out the financial benefits, is playing at home going to be an advantage for us? given the way we have played at home this year which isn't great! 

Edited by The scrim reaper

7 hours ago, The scrim reaper said:

Il just put this! out there for a quick discussion seeing as where getting close to the end, every one is hoping that batley finish 3rd  which would be a fantastic achievement, and gain home advantage in the play offs, take out the financial benefits, is playing at home going to be an advantage for us? given the way we have played at home this year which isn't great! 

I think top 6 financial awards are based on how far you actually progress , in play offs ,not on where you finish in league. 

But I could be wrong

Edited by Batley Bob

IMG_0583.JPG

Anyone care to remind me how it works? Is it 3rd vs 6th?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

40 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

3rd vs 6th 

4th vs 5th

1 vs 4th/5th/6th

2nd vs 3rd/4th 

You forget K if 3rd and 4th both lose then 2nd can play 5th🥳

17 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

"Easier" route to the final is through Fev which is why its so important to grab 3rd and the best chance of avoiding going to the LSV for a semi final.

As above Leigh always have the easiest route and can never play 3rd where as Fev can never play 6th.

This is how I see it . Fax get fourth and end up going to Leigh and it wouldn't be impossible for you to shock em. Fev finish second and then get our own back and actually defeat third placed Batley. Then Fax v Fev final and then Fev manage to finalise their dream of super League. No disrespect to York and Barrow of course🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LINNERS said:

Yes, then 2nd vs 3rd, if 3rd win.

Then the final is at the home of the highest ranked team, which could be (I know, I know) 3rd vs 4th/5th/6th.

I believe the grand final is at headingley this year not the top teams home ground! 

Edited by The scrim reaper

3 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

3rd vs 6th 

4th vs 5th

1 vs 4th/5th/6th

2nd vs 3rd/4th 

This doesn't help me 🤪

• Haha 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, Bill H said:

As the thread hints, home advantage isn't everything.  Wouldn't we be second in the league on away form?

I think that home advantage isn't everything, but if we get to the end of the season in that position, we will have earned the right to play at MP and all of the benefits that that brings. 

On a slightly related theme, does the slope give us an advantage or  disadvantage us?

Edited by distantdog

It ought to give us an advantage dd,  especially with as good a kicker as Gilmore on our books. If we lose at Fax and with the Leigh away match to come then the difference might not look as stark.

And you are right of course, a home draw does bring benefits.

16 hours ago, The scrim reaper said:

You say "take out the financial benefits" but aren't the gates split in the playoffs? (After...cough, cough......expenses, of course.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

7 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

This is how I see it . Fax get fourth and end up going to Leigh and it wouldn't be impossible for you to shock em. Fev finish second and then get our own back and actually defeat third placed Batley. Then Fax v Fev final and then Fev manage to finalise their dream of super League. No disrespect to York and Barrow of course🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Honestly I think we would need a miracle to beat Leigh. I can see us going to Fev and been capable of winning if we were to play really well but I thought we played ok in our away game at Leigh and they were just so much better than us. Easily the best side I have ever seen in the championship and I think in a final it would mean them to have a total disaster of a game and the other team to have a worldy for the other team to stand a chance.

• Like 3

On 05/08/2022 at 16:00, The Blues Ox said:

Honestly I think we would need a miracle to beat Leigh. I can see us going to Fev and been capable of winning if we were to play really well but I thought we played ok in our away game at Leigh and they were just so much better than us. Easily the best side I have ever seen in the championship and I think in a final it would mean them to have a total disaster of a game and the other team to have a worldy for the other team to stand a chance.

But what if Fev play - really well lol. Its all ifs and buts.

• Like 2

As far as I know it's confirmed that the final is at Headingley.

Without knowing the run-ins of Halifax, Barrow and York it's impossible to speculate. With our now expected injury list, which we really should have expected knowing that fortnight and planned for and Campbell probably lost, I wouldn't be surprised (yeah, yeah, I know, toe the line) if we finished 5th. Maybe not a disaster after all though. Financially, if that is a benefit we'd be better having a home crowd butbtgatcwould depend on whether it was Barrow or York. This Sunday will tell us better.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, phildog said:

Without knowing the run-ins of Halifax, Barrow and York it's impossible to speculate.

Here YOU go P

FAX 

Eagles A Thunder H Bulls H  Vickings A FEV H

BARROW 

Dogs A FEV H Thunder A  Rams H Broncos A

YORK 

Bulls H Leigh A Eagles H Thuder A Workongton H

• Thanks 1