NCL 2022 Relegation

just updating my NCL tables records (all complete from the start) is there any relegation from div 3 this season or is it TBC at Agm? i am also updating all clubs records showing all seasons for all clubs. if anyone wants some or any of them let me know, i will complete when play offs done. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/09/2022 at 15:55, LightningWB said:

I'm not sure of relegation, but there'll likely be teams leaving the NCL at the end of the 22' season. Dudley Hill for example have been struggling and I've heard that Hunslet Warriors & Parkside are to merge but how much of that is true I'm unsure.

Where have you heard about the merge?

On 21/09/2022 at 22:56, big lad said:

The merge is at an early stage but could be going thought for the start of next season .

Yeah it’s the junior sections that are causing the ‘delay’ as such. The open age transition is pretty much seamless. 
I know a couple of warriors players (2 of their best) have already made the move to parkside 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Merge is complete. Still some finer details to discuss but that's internally. But we're now one club. A shame to not have the rivalry in the area anymore, but longer term it makes the club at every level even stronger and will now start to compete with the strongest junior sides which, despite all the success of both senior sides, has been an area that we'd probably all agree both clubs have underachieved in somewhat over the years. 

On 07/09/2022 at 15:55, LightningWB said:

I'm not sure of relegation, but there'll likely be teams leaving the NCL at the end of the 22' season. Dudley Hill for example have been struggling and I've heard that Hunslet Warriors & Parkside are to merge but how much of that is true I'm unsure.

Yes we have struggled this season. We obviously didnt play ast game against Heworth.

A lot of injuries, few with covid and being sensible about it. Tried rearranging the game with Heworth but they would not as they were receiving the trophy

Resulting in us getting lambasted with £1000 in fines when other clubs repeatedly missed fixtures.

Best not air my true views but the league don't take to criticism well

23 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Merge is complete. Still some finer details to discuss but that's internally. But we're now one club. A shame to not have the rivalry in the area anymore, but longer term it makes the club at every level even stronger and will now start to compete with the strongest junior sides which, despite all the success of both senior sides, has been an area that we'd probably all agree both clubs have underachieved in somewhat over the years. 

What's the merged club going to be called?

12 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

What's the merged club going to be called?

That's part of the 'finer detail' that was still TBC along with playing colours. The sensible solution that is being explored is simply Hunslet Club ARLFC (therefore dropping both Parkside and Warriors) and club colours being one for home one for away. The team will be based out the former Warriors facilities and that will be used as the rugby club house. Anyone who knows the geography of the area will know that the two clubs are roughly 200m apart and now just means the Hunslet Club building will be where the football teams play out of. The Parkside pitch will also still be available to allow a strong winter/summer A team to play on, along with u14-u18 sides. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

That's part of the 'finer detail' that was still TBC along with playing colours. The sensible solution that is being explored is simply Hunslet Club ARLFC (therefore dropping both Parkside and Warriors) and club colours being one for home one for away. The team will be based out the former Warriors facilities and that will be used as the rugby club house. Anyone who knows the geography of the area will know that the two clubs are roughly 200m apart and now just means the Hunslet Club building will be where the football teams play out of. The Parkside pitch will also still be available to allow a strong winter/summer A team to play on, along with u14-u18 sides. 

I like the sound of Parkside Warriors.

The Warriors facilities makes most sense I think.

Have Parkside still been running the juniors at Belle Isle in recent years? And if so, what's the plan going forward with that?

43 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

For the record the new name agreed by both parties is Hunslet ARLFC.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

I like the sound of Parkside Warriors.

The Warriors facilities makes most sense I think.

Have Parkside still been running the juniors at Belle Isle in recent years? And if so, what's the plan going forward with that?

They have been but it's fair to say the facilities up there are in desperate need of updating so most have been opting to play down at Beza St.

• Like 1

On 19/10/2022 at 14:38, del capo said:

Have the Warriors then notified the NCL of their withdrawal from that competition  ? Has the new entity explained and sought formal permission for their new arrangements from them ?

I believe there’s been discussions with NCL throughout re the merge

• Like 1

4 hours ago, topcentre21 said:

Are we any clearer on who is going down to div 3 next season?

Or will the NCL allow new teams in to increase numbers?

Beverley and BDH into Div 3, warriors withdrawal will open up a spot for a team to apply would be the most logical solution 

On 19/10/2022 at 17:41, Davo5 said:

Sorry to see the Warriors go,is it a merger or a takeover ?

It is a merger but I don't think there's any secret that the reason this came about was because Warriors were struggling, so it made sense with all The Hunslet Club's resources that a merger took place. Don't get me wrong, this couldn't have been done without the Warriors been fully onboard and it's testament to the set they had that all RL for the new merged club will play out of what was Warrior Park. It's the best solution for the whole area. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

It is a merger but I don't think there's any secret that the reason this came about was because Warriors were struggling, so it made sense with all The Hunslet Club's resources that a merger took place. Don't get me wrong, this couldn't have been done without the Warriors been fully onboard and it's testament to the set they had that all RL for the new merged club will play out of what was Warrior Park. It's the best solution for the whole area. 

Fair enough but still a sad state of affairs that a rugby hotbed can’t sustain more amateur clubs,always enjoyed away trips to the Warriors as I did with another club gone from the NCL,East Leeds.

21 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Fair enough but still a sad state of affairs that a rugby hotbed can’t sustain more amateur clubs,always enjoyed away trips to the Warriors as I did with another club gone from the NCL,East Leeds.

No that's fair to say mate - I've loved the Old Boys (HCP) rivalry with the Warriors, especially over the past 15 years or so. I've not lived in the area for quite some years now and I took a step back from playing/coaching about 4 years back, but from what I understand it's not really affecting the player participation numbers, so hopefully this can be seen more as shoring up the future of the game in the area, rather than it's decline. 

What are the requirements to get into the NCL these days?

So you still have to show you have a youth section and A team or have all those rules gone by the wayside, as there seems to be a few comings and goings over the last few seasons.

Got to be honest, I think the entire community game needs a complete shake up and restructure.

The top two NCL leagues should be moving closer to the League One competition, and the bottom NCL leagues should be incorporated into a more regional structure underneath to try and reduce travelling and to help the regional leagues, as we will end up with no regionals before long, or they will be so depleted the players will lose interest and leave the game completely.

I suppose we could have East Yorks, West Yorks, South Lancs, North Lancs and Cumbria and could really spice the competition up by having end of season play offs for the right (if the teams want it) promotion into the NCL.

Also include Rep games to really try and spice things up and create some interest.

the game has gone stale and badly needs some leadership and fresh ideas

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

What are the requirements to get into the NCL these days?

So you still have to show you have a youth section and A team or have all those rules gone by the wayside, as there seems to be a few comings and goings over the last few seasons.

Got to be honest, I think the entire community game needs a complete shake up and restructure.

The top two NCL leagues should be moving closer to the League One competition, and the bottom NCL leagues should be incorporated into a more regional structure underneath to try and reduce travelling and to help the regional leagues, as we will end up with no regionals before long, or they will be so depleted the players will lose interest and leave the game completely.

I suppose we could have East Yorks, West Yorks, South Lancs, North Lancs and Cumbria and could really spice the competition up by having end of season play offs for the right (if the teams want it) promotion into the NCL.

Also include Rep games to really try and spice things up and create some interest.

the game has gone stale and badly needs some leadership and fresh ideas

Seaton had to forensically demonstrate that we met all of the criteria that you have laid out when we were admitted last season but id imagine with the league losing three clubs it might be needed for that to be relaxed 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer