2023 Squad

marklaspalmas

13 minutes ago, Daft old hooker said:

Does anyone know if there are any likely bans from Sunday’s game as we had a few yellow cards?

We'll find out tomorrow, the disciplinary panel for Championship games meets on Thursdays.

I think Hau will be okay from his yellow card as it just looked like a bit of running-in/pushing and shoving, though I think he was also put on report earlier after a Swinton player complained to the ref, I presume from looking at the incident for alegedly leading with the elbow, but I think that will be very hard to adjudge from the video which just shows the Swinton player falling backwards (and immediately gets back up and resumes the tackle), there didn't look much in it to me.

The other two could go either way. Briscoe's tackle in the air looked bad but there was an element of the Swinton player jumping forward and just landing on top of him, though you could argue it's Briscoe's responsibility not to take his landing space. But Briscoe was looking at the ball all the way and I'm not sure there was any intent there. Clumsy at worst for me.

Yei definitely hit his opponent late but it was only very narrowly late and I'm sure he'd argue he was committed to the tackle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Briscoe no further action.
Yei £125 fine but no ban.

No further action for Hau's sin binning, BUT...Hau referred for further investigation for inappropriate language.

Quite important the outcome of this as it would come under category E or F, meaning at least a 4-game ban if found guilty and quite possibly 6+ games.

25 minutes ago, bigbaldnmad said:

From the timing it seems to have been from the incident that was put on report.

Yes definitely. You can see a little bit of interaction after the tackle between Hau and the Swinton no. 7 Jordan Rogers, who had been bundled flat on his back when he tried to tackle Hau and then pulled his lower leg into an awkward position as he was getting up. The two then seem to exchange words afterwards.

It's likely to be one of those ones where it just depends on who comes across as more credible/truthful, that's how it works in these enquiries.

• Like 1

Oldham have turned their attention towards another prop in the shape of Featherstone Rovers prop Craig Kopczak. Rugby League Live understands the Roughyeds, who are thought to have agreed a deal to sign Widnes Vikings prop Owen Farnworth, are also pursuing a deal to bring the former Super League prop to the club.

8 minutes ago, POR said:

Oldham have turned their attention towards another prop in the shape of Featherstone Rovers prop Craig Kopczak. Rugby League Live understands the Roughyeds, who are thought to have agreed a deal to sign Widnes Vikings prop Owen Farnworth, are also pursuing a deal to bring the former Super League prop to the club.

For next season possibly? Hope Craig isn't going anywhere. 

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

For next season possibly? Hope Craig isn't going anywhere. 

True  F Oldham got new owners and new investments so looking to bring in proven championship players foe next year no matter what division their in

• Thanks 1

Just now, The Phantom Horseman said:

think he still lives over in Lancashire doesn't he?

He certainly heads to Post Office Road from the west, as I passed him on the way to the London game, somewhere around Ainley Top.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

35 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I would think so (ie next season). Craig is 37 later this year, think he still lives over in Lancashire doesn't he? Probably doubtful that he would play SL again if we get promoted four years after he was released by Wakefield anyway.

I meant this season but thanks for information, i never realised he lived in Lancashire ( if he still dose) he won't want SL at 37  - IF we get there i shouldn't imagine.

On 14/07/2023 at 08:27, POR said:

From the latest  Q&A with Matt Shaw Greg Miniikin for next year still doing the rounds

Greg minikin is a done deal and strong links with Ben Reynolds and Ellis Longstaff for next season 

Edited by FR23