2023 Squad

marklaspalmas

1 hour ago, FR23 said:

Greg minikin is a done deal and strong links with Ben Reynolds and Ellis Longstaff for next season 

We could see a lot of names linked to us according to TRL 116 out of contact November 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Phil Briscoe said:

With the transfer deadline approaching I wonder if we’ll try to bring anyone in? Maybe a second row/centre? 

Can’t see us bringing any new players in. There doesn’t seem to be many available, look how Cas are finding it, plus we’ve got a pretty big squad. I’d also wonder if we got the finances for it.

1 hour ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

look how Cas are finding it, 

Castleford Tigers' . confirmed the arrivals of Greece international Billy Tsikrikas and former player Alex Foster on season-long loan deals from Canterbury Bulldogs and Newcastle Thunder respectively with another player close to coming through the door in the near future."

44 minutes ago, POR said:

Castleford Tigers' . confirmed the arrivals of Greece international Billy Tsikrikas and former player Alex Foster on season-long loan deals from Canterbury Bulldogs and Newcastle Thunder respectively with another player close to coming through the door in the near future."

These look like panic signings, wouldn’t excite me if Fev signed these two.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

These look like panic signings, wouldn’t excite me if Fev signed these two.

Panic signings are in the eye of the beholder M remember they only had 17 fit players last time out so to help them overcome wakey   they need numbers not super stars hence  a 6'4'' 18 st aussie prop and   a former player who scored their only try in 2017 grand final 

Just now, sentoffagain2 said:

It took some finding but he was given No Charge.

Are you sure about that? He was given no charge for the sin binning incident with Roby, but the alleged "inappropriate language" incident (which presumably is the one Wolfey Rovers is referring to) was "referred for further investigation", I haven't seen anything about any subsequent developments yet.

7 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Are you sure about that? He was given no charge for the sin binning incident with Roby, but the alleged "inappropriate language" incident (which presumably is the one Wolfey Rovers is referring to) was "referred for further investigation", I haven't seen anything about any subsequent developments yet.

That's the one, it's odd that this is taking so long. But equally happy that he can play against Batley! Until we get a verdict 

1 minute ago, Wolfey Rovers said:

That's the one, it's odd that this is taking so long. But equally happy that he can play against Batley! Until we get a verdict 

As I've said in the other thread, when Chisholm was referred for a very similar charge a couple of years ago the referral was made in August and we found out about the ban in December!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

The one i saw was 19th July disciplinary meeting.you may be right.

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

As I've said in the other thread, when Chisholm was referred for a very similar charge a couple of years ago the referral was made in August and we found out about the ban in December!

Not a problem then, he'll be back in Oz if that's replicated. 🤣

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 hour ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Some talk of us going in for Ellis Longstaff, as he’s left Salford. Anyone know if he’s any good?. 

Putting 2 and 2 together, it might be we made Warrington an offer for the rest of the season, no obvious reason why his loan period would end suddenly without explanation otherwise.

From what I've seen, he's a steady rather than spectacular player, they have a lot of borderline SL/top-end Championship 2nd rows at Salford (Dixon, Hellewell etc), but he's only 21 and British, from Ponte in fact, we have a bit of an injury issue in that position (and who knows what will happen with Hau's disciplinary citing), so it would make sense for us to be interested in him both now and for next year.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Young forwards are at a premium these days, and with his versatility in being able to slot into the centres, this looks like a decent signing. 

Especially as we seem likely to have a few players retiring at the end of the season. Hardcastle said in his interview on UpNext that Locky would have retired at the end of last season if we had got promoted. You'd think the likes of Kopczak (who has been linked with Oldham), Moors, Hall, maybe even one or two others such as ET wouldn't be with us next year especially if we go up.

• Like 2