2023 Squad

marklaspalmas

31 minutes ago, mightyship said:

I remember a game he played in for Bradford when he took us apart - the game where we opened the new stand I think so was a while back.

He left Bradford at the end of the 2016 season, so it's a good few years ago 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

2 hours ago, POR said:

According to Matt shaw 

Rugby League Live understands the two clubs in hot pursuit of Gaskell are Championship duo Featherstone Rovers and Bradford Bulls. 

If we can keep him fit and on the pitch he would be an asset. But he's paper lately. Playing a handful of marches over a few years. He could be Ford PT 2.

32 minutes ago, Wolfey Rovers said:

If we can keep him fit and on the pitch he would be an asset. But he's paper lately. Playing a handful of marches over a few years. He could be Ford PT 2.

I wouldn't call a torn pectoral paper W

30 minutes ago, Wolfey Rovers said:

The way i see it.He has all the tools required long and short passes and a good all round kicking game.He could do a job until end of season offer him small retainer and then pay per game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

The way i see it.He has all the tools required long and short passes and a good all round kicking game.He could do a job until end of season offer him small retainer and then pay per game.

I would have thought putting himself in the shop window playing regularly for a team top of the championship going for SL would be more important than owt we could offer him money wise plus being able to pick the brain of Sean L and the chance of a SL contract with us  next year  I think would also appeal

3 minutes ago, POR said:

I would have thought putting himself in the shop window playing regularly for a team top of the championship going for SL would be more important than owt we could offer him money wise plus being able to pick the brain of Sean L and the chance of a SL contract with us  next year  I think would also appeal

He's 33 year old so i doubt if he is desperate for a return to SL and with his injury record who would give him a good contract money wise.He looked a brilliant prospect when he started at Saints probably underachieved on what was expected of him.Would do for us though as very few half backs available.

7 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

He's 33 year old so i doubt if he is desperate for a return to SL and with his injury record who would give him a good contract money wise.

Maybe S but we could still dangle that carrot as for injuries been a bit unlucky broken jaw dislocated elbow and lately a torn pectoral muscle 

4 minutes ago, POR said:

Maybe S but we could still dangle that carrot as for injuries been a bit unlucky broken jaw dislocated elbow and lately a torn pectoral muscle 

He would be ok and if we do get promoted i can see Ford retiring so we will need at least another half back.He has also played centre and full back so could cover the backs.

4 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

There still seems to be a lot of talk about Connor Jones going to Cas. Unless they’ve offered mega money, really can’t see why we would let him go.

That's twice you've spread this rumour so who's it come from, what are the names of the people telling you this and how reliable have they been in the past?

4 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

That's twice you've spread this rumour so who's it come from, what are the names of the people telling you this and how reliable have they been in the past?

I think it's he said she said PH. Marvellous how one little thing said on Facebook escalates. Everyone in Fev must be saying it's true by now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

It’s a twitter rumour. I’ll leave it at that, and hopefully there’s nothing more to see.

7 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

It’s a twitter rumour. I’ll leave it at that, and hopefully there’s nothing more to see.

10 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

I think it's he said she said PH. Marvellous how one little thing said on Facebook escalates. Everyone in Fev must be saying it's true by now.

Ok fair enough. That's my concern, one numpty says something on FB, others repeat it and once people have seen it a couple of times they then think there must be something in it and people start believing it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Ok fair enough. That's my concern, one numpty says something on FB, others repeat it and once people have seen it a couple of times they then think there must be something in it and people start believing it.

Mcshane signed for Leeds according to Facebook 

22 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

There are many rumours of incoming... 

With every new addition I suspect some will leave.... 

Might be an interesting few weeks. Conversely, it may not.

I'll wait n see

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

There are many rumours of incoming... 

With every new addition I suspect some will leave.... 

Might be an interesting few weeks. Conversely, it may not.

I'll wait n see

Pretty pleased that the Gaskell rumour came to nothing. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Pretty pleased that the Gaskell rumour came to nothing. 

I had a feeling the club had lukewarm interest..... but I know bug ger all.

He's getting on a bit, injury prone and had very little game time. I'm with you on that.

• Like 1