2023 Squad

marklaspalmas

19 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

A positive being that at least he’s not playing against us. Things not going our way at the moment.

If he gets game time for Cas it will give Powell some idea with how he copes against SL opposition.Then they can decide to keep him or let him go at the end of his contract.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Bates said:

If Ford is out for a long period of time then we need to be on the lookout for a game managing type half. I know Aekins or Kheirallah could fit in and do a job but I'd see them being more of the Lacans type than the Ford type of half back.

APPARENTLY they've put his shoulder back in and he MIGHT not be out as long as we feared, fingers crossed then.

1 minute ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Agree it was not our fault that Warrington want him back every time they have a half back injured.You can't plan a season with that hanging over you.

Cheers i don't believe it was our fault,imo we must have had to borrow him on Warrington's terms not ours after all he's THEIR  player and its what's best for them and always as  been aka Leeds.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, POR said:

The Tigers are excited to confirm the signing of promising young half-back Riley Dean on a season-long loan deal!

Seems a bit like pass the parcel for the last couple of years , do Warrington really see any future in him .

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

He was on a training video posted yesterday evening with no strapping apparent, although not seemingly doing any of the drills shown either 

It’s hard to think that he isn’t going to need at least a couple of weeks off. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Any idea how long Ford will be out for.I have known players out for a couple of weeks.But others out for 3 months and still not be right.I suppose it depends on ligament damage and how much they have been stretched.

As an expert on shoulders you can  Tear  muscles, ligaments and tendons get  nerve or blood vessel damage in or around the rotator cuff. with a dislocation the severity depends on how long the ball joint is out of the socket  a popped shoulder is less severe than a full dislocation that needs to be put back manually in the socket  looking at the incident jonno got hurt when he fell face down on the ground there was no external contact like twisting or pulling of his shoulder and watching him  although he was in pain walking with his arm down by his side told me his shoulder was intact And yes the shoulder is a fickle mistress and as we speak  he will be tender sore and still in pain but I would be surprised if he was no back sooner rather than later

6 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

I have seen a couple of rumours, suggesting that Cas are interested in Connor Jones. Hopefully it’s just wishful thinking from a couple of random fans.

Someone put this on the fans' FB page, then when asked his source, said a Cas fan had told him!

Meanwhile people in the same thread start discussing it as if it's true, and other people start spreading the rumour elsewhere.

Social media, eh?

7 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Someone put this on the fans' FB page, then when asked his source, said a Cas fan had told him!

Meanwhile people in the same thread start discussing it as if it's true, and other people start spreading the rumour elsewhere.

Social media, eh?

That’s what I was thinking to be honest. 

On 13/06/2023 at 13:23, sentoffagain2 said:

If he gets game time for Cas it will give Powell some idea with how he copes against SL opposition.Then they can decide to keep him or let him go at the end of his contract.

I don't think so S powell couldn't  care less about how riley copes with SL riley is finished at the wire yes he played tuther week but wire had injuries so Matatutia played in centre riley in halves next time out no more injuries so M played in halves and riley in reserves 

Riley got a contract for next year so gone down road who according to their coach want to sign players and rebuild so powell is hoping they buy riley ASAP to get a non starter off his books

• Like 2

1 hour ago, POR said:

I don't think so S powell couldn't  care less about how riley copes with SL riley is finished at the wire yes he played tuther week but wire had injuries so Matatutia played in centre riley in halves next time out no more injuries so M played in halves and riley in reserves 

Riley got a contract for next year so gone down road who according to their coach want to sign players and rebuild so powell is hoping they buy riley ASAP to get a non starter off his books

Already made his mind up then.With his displays for Rovers he has been ok but quite short of SL requirements.In fact we will need better if promoted.

3 minutes ago, mightyship said:

Lee Gaskell released by Wakey today- no news on where he’s going but one for us maybe? 

Wouldn’t be surprised if we are in for him. Don’t know too much about him, but he’s experienced and plays in the half’s. Got to be worth a go.