Steve Crossley VS Nigel Wood et al.

1 minute ago, Mumby Magic said:

Unfortunately this isn't a charity boxing match. The normally quiet and reserved leader and Captain of the Bulls let's rip at the club in the T & A. Can't link due to phone.

Interesting times....

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/sportlatest/21325023.bradford-bulls-blasted-outgoing-skipper-widnes-game/

• Thanks 2

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Be nice if Crossley to have some balls and actually tell us whats happening rather than just implying.

If your going to do an interview like that then call people out, give examples.  What lack of integrity and lack of leadership have you witnessed.  

All this does is stir the pot more and lead to more guessing games, he should have been specific. 

Ive no doubt what so ever its a s x x t show behind the scenes but tell us exactly what been going on.

• Like 3

There's only one way to solve this. Crossley v Wood, stock car race lap of Odsal.

In all seriousness it seems like Bradford need new owners as even a proposed re-development of Odsal happens a lot of the supporter base doesn't trust Wood and the leadership of the Bulls.

I wouldn't say Crossley says nothing - he could certainly say more.

This combined with the CEO's end of year message suggests to me there isn't much leadership at Odsal, or that there is much of a clue how to turn this round. Personally I think it's laughable to throw Kear under the bus for his recruitment and Dunning needs to build his own squad. Sure there is a bit of that but Dunning was Kear's assistant and was given the job - in part - as he knew the players and results got WORSE under Dunning. 

I suspect the club is putting the squeeze on the existing squad, because they're pretty much going to have to take a pay cut due to the cut in budget for next season. Given that and the squad we are brining in, I can't see anything else except relegation for the club next year.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

2 minutes ago, Amber Avenger said:

I wouldn't say Crossley says nothing - he could certainly say more.

This combined with the CEO's end of year message suggests to me there isn't much leadership at Odsal, or that there is much of a clue how to turn this round. Personally I think it's laughable to throw Kear under the bus for his recruitment and Dunning needs to build his own squad. Sure there is a bit of that but Dunning was Kear's assistant and was given the job - in part - as he knew the players and results got WORSE under Dunning. 

I suspect the club is putting the squeeze on the existing squad, because they're pretty much going to have to take a pay cut due to the cut in budget for next season. Given that and the squad we are brining in, I can't see anything else except relegation for the club next year.

We won't get relegated, we won't get promoted. Just like we were under Kear. However, we'll have young kids like the Young Guns of a few years back and the word "entertainment" will return to the dictionary.

For many many fans, Nigel Wood is just the latest figurehead in a series of dubious ownerships. He'll stay that way until he proves he's different.

• Like 2

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

18 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

We won't get relegated, we won't get promoted. Just like we were under Kear. However, we'll have young kids like the Young Guns of a few years back and the word "entertainment" will return to the dictionary.

For many many fans, Nigel Wood is just the latest figurehead in a series of dubious ownerships. He'll stay that way until he proves he's different.

Given the like of Doyle are following Crossley out the door, I'm not sure. 

The club aren't sure how to handle the youth at the moment. Flannigan Jr thrown in at the deep end, has a decent first game and in further games like a rabbit in a headlights and never seen again all season. 

We're generally bringing in worse players than we're losing, and it'll be a massively slimmed down squad. Finishing as "high" as we did this year would be an achievement.

Not really sure what the club's strategy is at the moment, short or long term. Can't imagine they'll be flogging many season tickets at this rate - so the attendances they've been announcing might reflect reality a little more.

Edited by Amber Avenger

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

The stock cars call the shots at Odsal and the Council is acquiescent. How else would it sanction the placing of concrete bollards across a reduced-width pitch?

Now the Council is targetting a £19 million upgrade for the stadium. It won't build a new stadium but it would pay to raise the pitch with inert waste soil. Raising the pitch would widen the perimeter of the bowl to allow a full-sized pitch and a stock-car track.

The trouble with the Bradford Park Avenue ground is there is nowhere near enough parking room around the site.

If there's money for development, it's Odsal or bust. Bust is something we are used to.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

On 13/09/2022 at 09:51, Dave T said:

Doesn't actually say anything,  does he? 

Have you heard about slander? What would you say in these circumstances?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

56 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Have you heard about slander? What would you say in these circumstances?

Well I don't know,  because I have no idea what his issues are! 

But we see plenty of interviews where people actually explain their issues.