2023 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I’m still 50/50 on whether this Leigh rebranding is real or a great practical joke. 

well its definitely not the latter... even if its a practical joke its not a great one!

7 minutes ago, RP London said:

well its definitely not the latter... even if its a practical joke its not a great one!

I think it would be, it’s got them untold amounts of publicity and has got the Leigh haters into a proper lather. That said I was certain it was for the first few days, but it’s gone on too long now 🤦‍♂️

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

If it was a practical joke (it isnt) who's the joke on?

exactly.. if its to make someone look stupid its strange to play a practical joke on yourself!

The Leopards re brand is fine name wise (not sure its the wisest but its not necessarily any worse than many of the others that have been done) but its all the stuff that has gone on. Launching it with half baked designs, no webiste, social media a mess of different branding, the centurions name still appearing etc etc.. oh and the multiple shirts, let alone the general ridiculous look of the shirt. If this had been a brand launch in any company i have worked at people would have been fired, if it was where i am now I would be ashamed of it not shouting it around twitter.. its just a mess. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, RP London said:

exactly.. if its to make someone look stupid its strange to play a practical joke on yourself!

The Leopards re brand is fine name wise (not sure its the wisest but its not necessarily any worse than many of the others that have been done) but its all the stuff that has gone on. Launching it with half baked designs, no webiste, social media a mess of different branding, the centurions name still appearing etc etc.. oh and the multiple shirts, let alone the general ridiculous look of the shirt. If this had been a brand launch in any company i have worked at people would have been fired, if it was where i am now I would be ashamed of it not shouting it around twitter.. its just a mess. 

That’s what makes me think it still might be a p155 take. Beaumont is a successful businessman and no mug, I can’t see why he’s letting it happening if it’s serious. 

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I think it would be, it’s got them untold amounts of publicity and has got the Leigh haters into a proper lather. That said I was certain it was for the first few days, but it’s gone on too long now 🤦‍♂️

The most recent round on social media seemed to have a fair few genuine leythers asking if they could reduce their membership level because if that's the free shirt they get they'd rather not have it.

If it's a joke, it is very much on the owner of Leigh RLFC at this time.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

He's had untold amounts of people laughing at the club and they look tin pot.

Who are the Leigh Haters? I certainly don't hate any club, I think they've made some really good signings and some good initiatives which has all been over shadowed by this shambolic rebrand.

• Like 2

Just now, Eddie said:

That’s what makes me think it still might be a p155 take. Beaumont is a successful businessman and no mug, I can’t see why he’s letting it happening if it’s serious. 

I'm not so sure.. I see what you are getting at but I think he has just made a balls up, gone too quickly for reasons that dont really make sense (and he could have done bit by bit) and he is now just doubling down on it being a "grand plan".. what he should have done is have some humility admit it was a mistake and that he'll get back to us when they have finalised everything... but humility is not something that is a necessity in certain industries and thats fine, a successful businessman doesnt necessarily need it and arrogance can work too in those cases (look at the likes of Elon Musk)... but in this instance I dont think it is a good look.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Beaumont is successful but he's hardly Alan Sugar, he is a bit of a mug, wasn't he offering people to fight him on twitter at some point.

It will be interesting to see how they go next year if they have a bad start and are sitting at the bottom of the table the knives will be out for him

I mean posting stuff like this is just childish from the owner of a SL club

Edited by Chrispmartha
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Beaumont is successful but he's hardly Alan Sugar, he is a bit of a mug, wasn't he offering people to fight him on twitter at some point.

It will be interesting to see how they go next year if they have a bad start and are sitting at the bottom of the table the knives will be out for him

I mean posting stuff like this is just childish from the owner of a SL club

Only 38 Championship’s and Challenge Cup’s left to go to match Wigan. 

22 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Maybe Man Utd are going to move away from red because Liverpool wear it too. 

Not sure that two clubs, already established in the top flight and from different cities is the best comparison.

30 minutes ago, Jughead said:

I’m most surprised that Leigh fans have seemed to shrug and get on with this. The name probably isn’t that much of an issue but losing the club colours must rankle a little?

Personally, I'm indifferent to the idea of changing the club's colours. Can see the rationale, but maybe a swap to red and black, like last season's summer bash kit would be better. Looking at various social media, some are angry about changing the colours, while others are indifferent. But it's difficult to gauge reaction properly though, while most reaction is to the god awful kit, which is seeing people trying to downgrade their membership to one that doesn't include the shirt.

A decent badge and a smart kit, along with proper comms, would've dampened any noise about change of colours. Sadly all lacking.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Not sure that two clubs, already established in the top flight and from different cities is the best comparison.

Personally, I'm indifferent to the idea of changing the club's colours. Can see the rationale, but maybe a swap to red and black, like last season's summer bash kit would be better. Looking at various social media, some are angry about changing the colours, while others are indifferent. But it's difficult to gauge reaction properly though, while most reaction is to the god awful kit, which is seeing people trying to downgrade their membership to one that doesn't include the shirt.

A decent badge and a smart kit, along with proper comms, would've dampened any noise about change of colours. Sadly all lacking.

I can understand the idea of a rebrand (not keen on the leopards name but it's not my club so not bothered with the name) but it needs to be done professionally, they have just entered the top flight of the sport with a decent squad but it's just ended up with them looking tin pot and with an owner who is using it as his own personal play thing.

Name, Logo, Presentation and relaunch aside, the kit is just absolutely atrocious with zero design thought gone into it, fine use a leopard, or the spots but at least try and make it look professional and not a stock photo of a jaguar/leopard just plonked on the front

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

And the new explanation that Wigan are more known for those colours than Leigh!

I think, if this was a reason, and I don't think it should be dismissed out of hand, it could have been positioned so much more positivrly and not via twitter with posts of wigans badge and kits. 

It could have been positioned as wanting to be unique,striking and individual in the rugby market. 

The rationale of "our kit looks like Wigan, and I REALLY love leopards" isn't great. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Dave T said:

I think, if this was a reason, and I don't think it should be dismissed out of hand, it could have been positioned so much more positivrly and not via twitter with posts of wigans badge and kits. 

It could have been positioned as wanting to be unique,striking and individual in the rugby market. 

The rationale of "our kit looks like Wigan, and I REALLY love leopards" isn't great. 

It's the kind of thing that can be done well - for example finding examples of when Leigh played in big games not wearing Wigan knockoff kits and link those to the design (or colours at least) of the new brand.

They could even have a found a South African colours expert to explain it.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

It's the kind of thing that can be done well - for example finding examples of when Leigh played in big games not wearing Wigan knockoff kits and link those to the design (or colours at least) of the new brand.

They could even have a found a South African colours expert to explain it.

Have you not seen the red eyes? 🤣

Just now, Dave T said:

Have you not seen the red eyes? 🤣

You'll have seen my observation on just how they will look on the women's team?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, The Ghost of 99 said:

Hate to say it but... is that all?

The lead sponsor alone at the big clubs brings in more than £300k. I know Leigh aren't on that level but still... if you're going to sell out I'd hope to over achieve a bit.

Which lead sponsors would they be? 8 years ago I was told what a shirt sponsor had paid on the Saints shirt, by that sponsor who I dealt with, at the time Leigh got more for the same spot in the Championship. 

27 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Which lead sponsors would they be? 8 years ago I was told what a shirt sponsor had paid on the Saints shirt, by that sponsor who I dealt with, at the time Leigh got more for the same spot in the Championship. 

Is this a fact like how many season tickets Fev have sold?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jughead said:

I’m most surprised that Leigh fans have seemed to shrug and get on with this. The name probably isn’t that much of an issue but losing the club colours must rankle a little?

They've just bent over and shown Beaumont their anus' haven't they.... taking a leaf from the back of the prototype shirt design.

Heads would roll at most clubs.

Leigh fans seem to think other clubs are jealous of Beaumont like he is some sort of genius billionaire. Most other owners of SL clubs dwarf his wealth.

• Like 3