RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

1 minute ago, nadera78 said:

Hahaha! Kenilworth Rd! You're funny!

It's "name a random awful ground in the south" time, apparently.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Definitely an improvement but I'm confident there was no better entertainment available in the local area tonight so it is a shame there were still 7-8k unfilled places in the ground.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

4 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

10,409 at Saints this evening. 

Happy to have been proven wrong. 

Good turnout for a midweek game.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, The Lad said:

Are you serious?

Looking at the World Cup of our sport critically is not "putting the game down" it's wanting it to be better. Lets be honest nobody watched Ireland vs Jamaica at the ground, the stands where almost empty and the standing terraces were empty. The commentators even acknowledged the poor attendances at the France vs Greece game. It doesn't matter if the top 3 teams can nearly fill stadiums, the game looks bad if its blue ribbon event is played in front of next to no one.

This is all because of bad planning, games like Ireland vs Jamaica should not be played at Headingley. Rugby league needs to understand where it is and that a small ground full looks better than a large ground 1/3 full.   

As far as the League attendances go, it's all well and good saying Salford and Huddersfield are doing well with small crowds but how long do you think they will be able to keep up that good form for with less revenue from gates?. 

Fan Fascination with crowds is a uniquely RL thing as far as I can make out. Whilst half empty stadiums aren't a good look, I'd much rather discuss Tonga v PNG as a great game than pick over the attendance. 

Maybe it's just me.

As for Huddersfield and Salford. They will cope by cutting their cloth accordingly and signing cleverly. In Huddersfields case, they have KD to pay the bills, whilst recruitment at Salford has been very good of late.

3 minutes ago, Londonbornirishbred said:

Fan Fascination with crowds is a uniquely RL thing as far as I can make out

Literally just off twitter where a substantial chunk of America are laughing at the New York Yankees for failing to sell out today's play off game.

• Like 1

Pity the WC organisers didn't have clairvoyance,  we could have had a match at Worcester and also Wasps, they could have done with a share of the money generated. Cheered them up a bit.😇

Edited by HawkMan

2 hours ago, RL Tragic said:

Totally with you on this from the WC CEO perspective. His whole attitude bothers me , I run a business it’s my responsibility to ensure pricing of my product is right and that all aspects of my process are correct , available and in budget  . If it’s not the S?!t is on me I’m ultimately responsible for the screw ups and I lose my own money . If it’s not your own business then you should be for the high jump . Power going pop at st James , fair enough act of god . But No singers for the anthems ( See John Duttons comments on twitter , they are reviewing the entertainment) I.E. they have ballsed up . The seriously worrying crowds, Ticketing issues . To many games in small geographical areas this  . Like I say things out of there control fair enough but there have been some unforgivable clangers that I’m sure most people on here could have pointed out to them before they launched it . I thought 2013 was phenomenal, using that as a yardstick, unless there is an almighty upswing in the tournament then somebody needs there head on the block at the end of this and not be allowed to ###### off with a chunk of the games scarce revenue to another corporate job with this as a plus point on there CV . Sorry to rant but I love this game and I’m tired of us having to endure having our great game made to look like a joke by poorly executed but well remunerated leadership.

IhnXiv9t_x96.jpg

Jon Dutton

@jon_dutton72
·
Oct 17
2013 was a different social and economic environment. I was in Bristol and it was fantastic. We have plenty more highs to come, there will be a few lows and people can judge the overall outcome when the fireworks go off.

21 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

South Stand. I noticed the two sold out sections weren’t full. I expect people took the sensible option of moving into more expensive seats. 

I was really peed off, the £25 seats weren't sold. I suspect one hadn't been opened as out of the hundreds and hundreds of seats there were around 6 or 7 people sat there. 

I was OK on the terracing but it meant other people didn't come with me because they couldn't sit. 

• Like 2

To finish the day on a positive note, tonight was excellent, superb game, relatively solid turnout. But more bustling and felt like an event. Still plenty to be critical of (can't see the score or clock or anything for example - basics), but it was a very pleasant way to spend a Tuesday evening, looking forward to tomorrow. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Literally just off twitter where a substantial chunk of America are laughing at the New York Yankees for failing to sell out today's play off game.

The main way for football fans to criticise Man City right now is by naming their ground Emptyhad. 

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Chosen because he’s from Bedfordshire. I could have also picked Dunstable Town. 

Apologies - missed the joke.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Decent enough attendance tonight. After a couple of disappointing ones anything over 10,000 is decent I reckon. 

Would have liked to have seen both ends full to be honest.   Vossy commented a couple of times on what he deemed a low crowd

Edited by Ragingbull

52 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Definitely an improvement but I'm confident there was no better entertainment available in the local area tonight so it is a shame there were still 7-8k unfilled places in the ground.

No better entertainment in St Helens on an October Tuesday night??? 

30 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I was really peed off, the £25 seats weren't sold. I suspect one hadn't been opened as out of the hundreds and hundreds of seats there were around 6 or 7 people sat there. 

I was OK on the terracing but it meant other people didn't come with me because they couldn't sit. 

The website and their processes are shocking. Simply awful. 

• Like 1