Tuesday 25 October: PNG vs Cook Islands KO 19:30 BST

The official World Cup chart shows Women's Final, Wheelchair Final, Men's Final .

I'm using the time between now and the next game to campaign to correct this affront,so it reads Players Final, Players Final and Players Final.😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

OK.  All seems a little complicated just so the words man and woman can be used.

I'm happy that the tournament has decided to go for the simple and easy option.

Good for you, not least because it's so unusual to see the word "happy" on a rugby league forum.👍😀

MODERATION NOTE

Enough of the politicking and culture war stuff. There's just too much of it to moderate without locking the thread or making it nonsense. I'll leave it open but any political stuff or culture war willy (or lack of willy) waggling will see their post deleted regardless of how much time you've spent making yourself angry over something you read on the internet.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

2 hours ago, ckn said:

MODERATION NOTE

Enough of the politicking and culture war stuff. There's just too much of it to moderate without locking the thread or making it nonsense. I'll leave it open but any political stuff or culture war willy (or lack of willy) waggling will see their post deleted regardless of how much time you've spent making yourself angry over something you read on the internet.

Wily waggling??!! This from the so called moderator. Who monitors the moderator?

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Cheadle Leyther said:

Wily waggling??!! This from the so called moderator. Who monitors the moderator?

Get with it man. Willy Waggling is the next big show on C4 when Naked Attraction ends its latest run.😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Live after death said:

Because he’s a butt hurt gammon and doesn’t like changes in social etiquette call a spade a spade and all that. Uses terms pike “its all gone woke” but doesn’t know what it means.

i new as soon as someone teated to his post it would decent into gammonry 

Can I just kindly and respectfully comment that Gammon refers to skin colour. Comments like that have no place in this forum . Let’s all be civil please .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, hw88 said:

Get with it man. Willy Waggling is the next big show on C4 when Naked Attraction ends its latest run.😄

I’m deeply offended with your use of the term “man” in “get with it man.”

The word Person would be more appropriate. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheadle Leyther said:

No need. Read the terms and conditions. The mods, who actually have proper full-time jobs as well, I think,  do an excellent job even if from time to time they get exasperated and short-tempered when we don't agree with their decisions and actions.

Stay away from the politics sub forum, though, like I do, for there be SJW dragons there,  coming in from the left.😀😀😀😀

Edited by JohnM
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RL Tragic said:

Can I just kindly and respectfully comment that Gammon refers to skin colour. Comments like that have no place in this forum . Let’s all be civil please .

No it doesn’t, it refers to a certain state of mind and people with a certain view of the world/country 

don’t try to make out that word is a racial thing because you know its not

Edited by Live after death
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Live after death said:

No it doesn’t, it refers to a certain state of mind 

describes a flushed face of people of a certain demographic. See below from Wikipedia.

In 2018, it became particularly known as a term to describe either those on the political right or those who supported Brexit.[1][4] Due to its referencing of skin colour, there is controversy as to whether the term is racist.[a]

probably just best to avoid the term . Should we all get back to PNG V Cooks . Very enjoyable game , PNG age a couple of players of a really decent outfit, very enjoyable watching them play .

• Like 2

7 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

Came in to discuss last nights match and found 4 pages of discussion about the use of the phrase 'player of the Match'. Some of you guys need to get out more 😐

Indeed they do.

To a World Cup game, preferably, then they could discuss it here instead of derailing the MATCH DISCUSSION thread with off topic tripe.

This thread is too far gone to salvage now, so I'm locking it.

If anyone wants to continue discussing this particular game, please feel free to start a new thread.

To those who have indulged themselves dragging it off topic, if it happens again on here, I'll be dishing bans out till it stops.

FAO: Everyone. If you see threads veering off topic like this one has, please report the problem asap, so we can deal with it before it gets too out of hand.

Thanks.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1