Sam Kasiano Warrington move in jeopardy?

I'm quite chuffed with how much of that I could translate before having to get Google to do it.. 

Not great news though.. 

Edited by RP London

As a side note this was one of the reasons I was suggesting the French Federation lobby for 3 year residency instead of 5. Another year of residency in France for any French team would make him eligible under the 3 year rule and he would certainly add some much needed size to the French pack 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, WN83 said:

Feels like Wire might realise they’ve gone a bit far with the prop signings and have decided 19 of them will do. To free up a quota spot for more pressing matters won’t hurt them. 

The centre position is a worry. I must admit I know Gildart was always rumoured to Dolphins, but I was hoping we'd made a play for him. 

13 minutes ago, Dave T said:

The centre position is a worry. I must admit I know Gildart was always rumoured to Dolphins, but I was hoping we'd made a play for him. 

Is Drinkwater signed up yet? I’m guessing they’ll want him and a centre. You’d imagine both a half and a centre would need to be overseas players as it’s slim pickings here. Sacrificing Kasiano for those would be a wise move IMO. You’ve got more than enough prop options without him. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WN83 said:

Is Drinkwater signed up yet? I’m guessing they’ll want him and a centre. You’d imagine both a half and a centre would need to be overseas players as it’s slim pickings here. Sacrificing Kasiano for those would be a wise move IMO. You’ve got more than enough prop options without him. 

I wonder whether we are going to use Ratchford as centre. He made that position his own for a few years under Smith, but I fear he is out of touch and too slow for that nowadays. 

Nothing confirmed on Drinkwater. The fact it is dragging on does suggest some cap shuffling is needed. 

Hastings is about to become available. Not sure whether he’d demand a huge salary on a quick 12 month deal though, while waiting to find another NRL club. If he’s prepared to negotiate on that, and Kasiano doesn’t come, we might not need Drinkwater as our temporary stop-gap. Hastings would probably be a better mentor for Hayes too.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

2 hours ago, barnyia said:

I think it's more kasiano wanting to stay in France and be semi retired than Warrington not wanting him from what I've heard, dudson too apparently, heard last night kasiano will also be going to Pia 

Semi retired but will be earning the same money as being full time at Warrington or Catalan, 

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

I wonder whether we are going to use Ratchford as centre. He made that position his own for a few years under Smith, but I fear he is out of touch and too slow for that nowadays. 

Nothing confirmed on Drinkwater. The fact it is dragging on does suggest some cap shuffling is needed. 

when was that? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

when was that? 

You're right, my memory is playing tricks. 

He played a fair amount of times at centre between 2012 and 2016, basically because he never managed to take that no. 6. When we had Hodgson at 1, Briers at 6 he played some at 3.

He even played at 3 when the likes of O'brien and even Chris Bridge took the no. 6.

I always thought centre was his position, but he has moved around a fair bit. Certainly in the first half of his Wire career. 

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

You're right, my memory is playing tricks. 

He played a fair amount of times at centre between 2012 and 2016, basically because he never managed to take that no. 6. When we had Hodgson at 1, Briers at 6 he played some at 3.

He even played at 3 when the likes of O'brien and even Chris Bridge took the no. 6.

I always thought centre was his position, but he has moved around a fair bit. Certainly in the first half of his Wire career. 

i was gonna say, i can remember him filling in, after hodgo left he was either at fb or moved into the halves in 2015 when it all went to poop and smith kept chopping and changing both 6 and 7, and russell was in at fullback.

13 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

i was gonna say, i can remember him filling in, after hodgo left he was either at fb or moved into the halves in 2015 when it all went to poop and smith kept chopping and changing both 6 and 7, and russell was in at fullback.

That was the biggest waste ever. Ratchford should have consistently been full back in his prime c. 2014-16 and we should have had a top organising half back to replace Briers.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

22 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

1 minute ago, Desert Skipper said:

That was the biggest waste ever. Ratchford should have consistently been full back in his prime c. 2014-16 and we should have had a top organising half back to replace Briers.

I think there was always a hope that he would make it as a 6. It never happened, I think we took too long to realise that. 

3 hours ago, Desert Skipper said:

Hastings is about to become available. Not sure whether he’d demand a huge salary on a quick 12 month deal though, while waiting to find another NRL club. If he’s prepared to negotiate on that, and Kasiano doesn’t come, we might not need Drinkwater as our temporary stop-gap. Hastings would probably be a better mentor for Hayes too.

I very much doubt that to be true - he's literally just (and I mean this week) bought and moved into a house Sydney with his English girlfriend, who moved out to Aus with him this past month. 

45 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

he was never gonna replace hodgo, we were trying to play a style of rugby that we no longer had the personnel for.

Even price was saying in his second season we were working on stef putting that final/cut out pass to the wingers as a wrap around FB,

if it hadn't got it at that point, he never was. move on.