1. 1. Who will win?

• Tonga by 13 points or more
    • Tonga by 7 to 12 points
    • Tonga by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/11/22 at 15:00

37 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Just got back from Warrington. That was seriously spine tingling witnessed live. Worth the ticket price by itself.

We had competing ones at Derwent Park years ago, it's one of my favourite things I've ever seen in RL, incredible spectacle.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely amazing day out. Took my old man who has just finished six weeks of radiotherapy. Pre match was spine tingling, the game was superb and then got a picture with my Dad, me, Jarome Luai and a Samoan flag after the game. 

People can crab about the tournament all they like but today was sensational. Took my eight year old step daughter to Bramall Lane last week and she adored it and thinks Dom Young is Superman. 

My only regret is my three year old daughter is a bit too fond of an impromptu pitch invasion to come with us yet. 

There have been mistakes made by the organisers and some fixtures may not have lived up to the hype but I have done four in total so far (Wales v Cook Islands and England v France the others), have tickets for the final too and honestly have made some terrific memories. 

Days like today make you realise why live sport is incomparable to anything else. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

More confidence than I have Frisky, I doubt the bookies will give Samoa 20 start, I most definitely want an England victory but I may break a habit of a lifetime of not betting at the bookies if they give Samoa 20 start and gave a little flutter, needless to say it would be a bet I would not want to win.

England could win by 19 and you’d still win your bet aitch.

What a game! 😍

Brilliant, just brilliant. 

Samoa have improved a lot since their 1st game vs England. 

Still, England are better but you never know. 

As I said during the game, we need to have these teams playing test football more often. 

NZ v Fiji and Samoa v Tonga were simply terrific. 

Now, England are favourites against Samoa, while Australia are favourites against NZ. But you never know. 

• Like 3

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

1 hour ago, RippinandTearin said:

Now now young man, I’m well aware that the British tread the same path here

I was actually more likely to be at games, my mate was playing for the Broncos & there was always a few tickets in an envelope at the gate for me  

The extended WCC was only on Sky Rip. SL has always been exclusively on Sky in the U.K. until the 2022 season when C4 showed 10 games. Have you had a few too many tinnies?

1 hour ago, RippinandTearin said:

Hang on, hang on, plenty of Kangaroo teams boarded boats & traversed the oceans to get to old blighty too, I think we may have toured first, may have been an “All Golds” team 

I think we have plenty of respect, but like I’ve said, we need to ensure that our game here progresses, and moves forward in the growing threat from many other sports, demographics & negative publicity, I think you all seem to allude to a general disinterest from the Australian game towards you & this gets back to an unrealistic view you have of our game, it’s not that secure that we can make all that many sacrifices, perhaps you all need to stand on your own feet 

Only one Aussie in the squad hardly allows you to say “we” toured first. 😂😂😂

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pricey81 said:

Absolutely amazing day out. Took my old man who has just finished six weeks of radiotherapy. Pre match was spine tingling, the game was superb and then got a picture with my Dad, me, Jarome Luai and a Samoan flag after the game. 

People can crab about the tournament all they like but today was sensational. Took my eight year old step daughter to Bramall Lane last week and she adored it and thinks Dom Young is Superman. 

My only regret is my three year old daughter is a bit too fond of an impromptu pitch invasion to come with us yet. 

There have been mistakes made by the organisers and some fixtures may not have lived up to the hype but I have done four in total so far (Wales v Cook Islands and England v France the others), have tickets for the final too and honestly have made some terrific memories. 

Days like today make you realise why live sport is incomparable to anything else. 

Hope your Dad is fully recovered soon, my friend.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Hope your Dad is fully recovered soon, my friend.

Thank you. He is doing pretty well really and treated himself to a kip most of the way home but that's to be expected I think. 

Turns 70 in March but the look in his eyes was like a kid when Jarome Luai thanked him for his support and had a photo done with us. 

This game ey? 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Pricey81 said:

Turns 70 in March but the look in his eyes was like a kid when Jarome Luai thanked him for his support and had a photo done with us.

Well, I have given Luai a bit of stick on here but that is absolute class.

• Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

40 minutes ago, dkw said:

We had competing ones at Derwent Park years ago, it's one of my favourite things I've ever seen in RL, incredible spectacle.

2000 world cup, Tawera Nikau took the maori haka from under the sticks to meet the samoans on the half way line,think it's still on you tube

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Decision to pick Will Hopoate was absolutely mind-boggling and cost Tonga the game in the end.

Delivered the last pass for the first try and then wasn't seen again for the next 40 mins before coming off, left Tonga with Koloamatangi in the halves and no creativity to support the forwards rolling through.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed that, great occasion and nice to be involved in a packed crowd who were very appreciative of both teams, thought Samoa just edged it despite bombing some chances, i'm sure the area around Warrington town centre will still be shaking from some of those hits.

Great experience, definitely chose the right QF to go to.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Sometimes they bring edged weapons.

I've seen that before and I still can't believe it.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Easily as the first game proved and Samoa will lay down again and have their bellies tickled or do you expect that they will make a game of it?

Just pretend you are the odds maker for the bookies, what start are you giving Samoa?

Samoa receive 10 points start this time. 

New Zealand receive 12 points start against Australia.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, tim2 said:

I've seen that before and I still can't believe it.

It would've been very easy to plunge a spearhead through the foot of that tricksy opposition half-back and act all contrite as it it was an accident...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

if Sualli gets banned after the fast racking of Bateman and Knowles recently -would be a hard one to swallow

It would leave a bad taste in the mouth I agree.

The disciplinary threshold has been very low this tournament and to change it now would feel wrong. 

Edited by Niels
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, RippinandTearin said:

think that was during Covid 

2008.  I am not a conspiracy nut but what did you know?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris