Jump to content

Fixtures


phildog

Recommended Posts


3 hours ago, phildog said:

Tells me absolutely nothing except guessing at Bash fixtures....

I'm sure the RFL has deliberately thought up this machiavellian scheme just to really stick the knife into the championship clubs and especially the peasants of Batley RLFC who deserve some proper moustache twirling treatment after their unacceptable and cunning  march into the championship final last year.....

Edited by il cattivo
  • Like 2

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They probably had not figured out that there was a quarter final that day, and suddenly realised the mix up and pushed it back another week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

so thats ok then ,, one team has home advantage RFL not fit for purpose should be a neutral ground for all teams, i for one won't be going if it's true, love York to go around the city but not on this occassion as much as i not keen on Blackpool as a place , i would go if it was there as no team would have an advantage.

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Lone Drinker said:

York is a great city for a day out. I’m looking forward to it.

My favourite City but the ground is 3 miles away and not much today round ground area unless you like shopping. Couple of restaurants and a pub about a mile up road so it looks like using park and ride.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

My favourite City but the ground is 3 miles away and not much today round ground area unless you like shopping. Couple of restaurants and a pub about a mile up road so it looks like using park and ride.

There's lots to do around the ground, bowling, mini golf, cinema and a swimming pool plus plenty of places to eat and drink.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

There's lots to do around the ground, bowling, mini golf, cinema and a swimming pool plus plenty of places to eat and drink.

Who wants to go swimming or to the cinema when you're coming for the RL ?  How many places are there to eat and drink? I can only think of maybe 3 but i will stand corrected. Better then Headingley area i  will give you that. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Who wants to go swimming or to the cinema when you're coming for the RL ?  How many places are there to eat and drink? I can only think of maybe 3 but i will stand corrected. Better then Headingley area i  will give you that. 

Anyone who's family come for the day or weekend and don't want to go to the rugby.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, redditchbulldog said:

so thats ok then ,, one team has home advantage RFL not fit for purpose should be a neutral ground for all teams, i for one won't be going if it's true, love York to go around the city but not on this occassion as much as i not keen on Blackpool as a place , i would go if it was there as no team would have an advantage.

The whole concept of Summer Bash is unfair. We got to play Dewsbury every year whereas Halifax, who we’ve generally been similar to, have had tougher fixtures.

I don’t think it really matters that York have a home fixture.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had 2 new fans lined up to go over to Blackpool, they'll not be interested in York as we live only 30 miles away. If it's the case that the RFL announced a return to Blackpool without confirming with Blackpool then what does that say about the comedians running the show? They must know by now that fans want that weekend away, they haven't put Magic at the Totally Wicked have they? They daren't treat SL like doggy-doo but hey, Championship fans can be kicked around, they don't count.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Who wants to go swimming or to the cinema when you're coming for the RL ?  How many places are there to eat and drink? I can only think of maybe 3 but i will stand corrected. Better then Headingley area i  will give you that. 

You don't think Headingley area had any places to eat or drink?

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The whole principal of the extra game (summer bash) is that it’s held at a neutral venue , there is every super league club ground that could be used , even some of champ one grounds 

Edited by Batley Bob
  • Like 3

IMG_0583.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...