1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 7 to 12 points
    • New Zealand by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/11/22 at 20:00

2 minutes ago, RippinandTearin said:

Whos got the inferiority complex? 😳😂

And with good reason may I just add

You only have to go through this forum to see how you blokes jump on anything that comes up about Australian Rugby League, we’re either not interested, cheating, lucky, insular, blah blah blah 

you don’t see it, you’re desensitised, all I did was laugh at a comment from someone who thinks England is getting anywhere near these two, and I think it’s valid 

I call BS.

This forum is full to the brim of people that worship aussie RL players and still wax lyrical about roos teams and players 

Same goes for origin and the nrl.

We all have our favourite teams, players etc.. so dont talk shiiite.

• Like 1

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

4 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

If you don't like the troll, why do you feed it so generously?

Good question. 

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

1 minute ago, jacksy said:

I call BS.

This forum is full to the brim of people that worship aussie RL players and still wax lyrical about roos teams and players 

Same goes for origin and the nrl.

We all have our favourite teams, players etc.. so dont talk shiiite.

You might talk up the raw product, but anything about the game as a who,e, the scheduling, the way it’s run etc gets it with both barrels 

The general prejudice against my fine country folk is bordering on “racism” 

🤬🤬

Ignoring what I presume is an Aussie looking for a rise, are we a chance against these 2? I’m not close enough to the woman’s game to know. I’ve been hugely impressed with some of our players, like Goldthorpe, Winfield-Hill, Hoyle and Whitfield but tough to make out where we’re at against lesser sides and with my limited knowledge. 

3 minutes ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Any danger of a discussion about the rugby match breaking out by mistake?

Yes, great game. Aussies being put under a lot of pressure.

If NZ can keep it up i think they will win.

Prince Harry seems to be enjoying it.

• Haha 3

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

8 minutes ago, RippinandTearin said:

You only have to go through this forum to see how you blokes jump on anything that comes up about Australian Rugby League, we’re either not interested, cheating, lucky, insular, blah blah blah 

you don’t see it, you’re desensitised, all I did was laugh at a comment from someone who thinks England is getting anywhere near these two, and I think it’s valid 

To be fair, I think the success of Australia is remarkable, considering the disadvantages facing them.

Like..being Australia.😀👍

1 minute ago, WN83 said:

Ignoring what I presume is an Aussie looking for a rise, are we a chance against these 2? I’m not close enough to the woman’s game to know. I’ve been hugely impressed with some of our players, like Goldthorpe, Winfield-Hill, Hoyle and Whitfield but tough to make out where we’re at against lesser sides and with my limited knowledge. 

There’a nothing on show so far in this game to be afraid of. England won’t have the room out wide that they did against PNG. But their shape and forwards will cause these issues

2 minutes ago, WN83 said:

I dont know enough either. Been impressed with the English girls.

The girls are amateur afterall so we really are up against it.

However, you never know.

3 minutes ago, RippinandTearin said:

You might talk up the raw product, but anything about the game as a who,e, the scheduling, the way it’s run etc gets it with both barrels 

The general prejudice against my fine country folk is bordering on “racism” 

🤬🤬

No. Australian isn't a race. 

4 minutes ago, WN83 said:

I am more encouraged tonight than I wad before.  The English are physically competitive and fit enough.  I am not saying they will win a semi but they would put up a good show.

• Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, Dunbar said:

I am more encouraged tonight than I wad before.  The English are physically competitive and fit enough.  I am not saying they will win a semi but they would put up a good show.

Not sure what’s so controversial about saying this. I doubt our resident Aussie on this thread is actually watching the game

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RippinandTearin said:

You worked all this out within 5 days of joining this forum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Spidey said:

Not sure what’s so controversial about saying this. I doubt our resident Aussie on this thread is actually watching the game

I'm not convinced he's an Aussie, for a start.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cheers for the replies. All we can ask is they give it a good go and try and overcome some of the advantages these players have. It’s developing the game over here for the woman and it’ll take time. I’m convinced some of our side will cause either of these issues though, even if we don’t get the win. I’ve been really impressed with a couple of our props especially. 

• Like 1

Amber Hall is a great player and destructive with and without the ball.  But she does have a habit of pushing the player playing the ball when she is stood at marker.

Should be pulled up for that I think.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris