Trouble down in Llanelli?

2 minutes ago, Rach said:

TBF Feel more than a bit of sympathy for Ash Bateman .

I was at the WWR game in question(following the Hurricanes) and due the amount of inconsistencies (on both sides) coming from the officials It could quite happily been 90% of people in Steboneth Park that matchday who were banned for unacceptable language that day  .......🙄 

Edited by Rach

So don’t want to hit the club over the head but couple of things with WWR I don’t get. 

The RFL would do well in making sure another board at a club elsewhere have to babysit a new owner of a club. Therefore you avoid the medical care situation etc. WWR would be free to do what they want promotion and player wise but there has to be the baseline of standard. 

One of the most successful ways to get small sized sporting clubs plenty of attention is social media. I see Broncos since hiring the lad who works with Talksport have improved their output no end. You get non league football clubs and community RL clubs with better organisation of this than WWR.

An easy way of dealing with it is get in contact with a local university (Swansea nearby) and see if they have any kids on media courses who need a placement etc. At the very least they’d ape what other clubs are doing rather than mis-spells or no use of the accounts at all. 

On 26/11/2022 at 16:18, Angelic Cynic said:

This time, last year,no head coach appointed and the assistant coaches were leaving,or had left.

This year,head coach banned for 4 months from January.

Club in crisis?

No information appears forthcoming from the club.Anyone heard anything to contradict the seemingly prescient OP?

Banned? 😳

It was exactly twelve months ago, when the WWR twitter account mentioned new signings to be announced. They then mentioned about new kits,for 2022

Nothing as yet on their social media about 2023 - and despite this website stating all clubs had shared their 2023 fixtures on social media - WWR have not.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/championship-and-league-1-2023-fixtures-revealed/

Any explanations?

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

2 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

It was exactly twelve months ago, when the WWR twitter account mentioned new signings to be announced. They then mentioned about new kits,for 2022

Nothing as yet on their social media about 2023 - and despite this website stating all clubs had shared their 2023 fixtures on social media - WWR have not.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/championship-and-league-1-2023-fixtures-revealed/

Any explanations?

The boss appears to have opened a new bar in town so I'm guessing being peak party season they are busy?....

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Midlands hobo said:

The boss appears to have opened a new bar in town so I'm guessing being peak party season they are busy?....

They'll have the football World Cup games to deal with..................

So the big news from West Wales RaIders is that the owner has opened a new bar in Llanelli. Meanwhile, courtesy of today's League Express: "Each year we set out to improve both on and off the pitch and this year is no different. We have now done our talking and will go away and work on everything needed to become the club we set out to be."

That's all right, then.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rowan said:

So the big news from West Wales RaIders is that the owner has opened a new bar in Llanelli. Meanwhile, courtesy of today's League Express: "Each year we set out to improve both on and off the pitch and this year is no different. We have now done our talking and will go away and work on everything needed to become the club we set out to be."

That's all right, then.

No rush lads but everyone else is in preseason training and your first game is two months away 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rowan said:

That's all right, then.

So keep doing the same things over and over even though they didnt work!

Brilliant.

• Like 1

I have a lot of sympathy for expansionists trying to take the game to pastures new, having been one myself and tried it since way back when, but there have been so many clubs built on sand down the years that I wonder why there are not a lot tougher credentials demanded by the RFL before allowing a new club to join the semi-professional ranks.  Have we learned nothing from the fate of Cardiff Blue Dragons, Kent Invicta, Scarborough Pirates, Mansfield Marksman  and far too many others to mention?

Perhaps a lot of heartache and soul-searching could be prevented by asking a simple question of the people in the planned location: Does anybody actually WANT a semi-professional Rugby League club here?

• Thanks 1

If the product was hat good ppl would turn up to watch it, as Mick the Bradford fan on that Youtube channel has said. Too much kicking, not enough tries scored form ad-lib rugby. There are a few law changes I'd make. 

• Confused 1

Cymru Am Byth/New South Wales

14 hours ago, Rowan said:

I have a lot of sympathy for expansionists trying to take the game to pastures new, having been one myself and tried it since way back when, but there have been so many clubs built on sand down the years that I wonder why there are not a lot tougher credentials demanded by the RFL before allowing a new club to join the semi-professional ranks.  Have we learned nothing from the fate of Cardiff Blue Dragons, Kent Invicta, Scarborough Pirates, Mansfield Marksman  and far too many others to mention?

Perhaps a lot of heartache and soul-searching could be prevented by asking a simple question of the people in the planned location: Does anybody actually WANT a semi-professional Rugby League club here?

I suspect people would get behind a well run club. West Wales are currently sleepwalking into another season to repeat the mistakes of the past. Doubt thats inspiring people to want to go and watch them this year. 

11 hours ago, LlanWests said:

If the product was hat good ppl would turn up to watch it,

Exactly, when Oxford had a decent team and a city centre ground they got (for an expansion club) good gates. When they were getting stuffed every week and playing eight miles outside Oxford within a running track, they didn't. 

It wasn't that no one in Oxford wanted a rugby league team, they just weren't invested enough to follow a poor team to Abingdon. I wasn't, and I was a season ticket holder. 

Edited by iffleyox
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Pen-Y-Bont Crusader said:

Heard today that training IS occuring at this moment...however Llanelli AFC new owner wants them out of the stadium - at least for a certain number of games this season as he is having dreams of turning Llanelli AFC in a footballing powerhouse (relatively)....I'll post more when I get info.

I thought the owners of West Wales owned the ground?