Bradford match

Hate the rec

Agree with the players mentioned look good. Its a whole new team take time to gel, they can only get better each week. My only concern is the kicking side of game.   Sure muzza will get it sorted. So far so good etc.think bradford players was flanagan no 1  n think lawford was one of hb.(both had 1st team experience)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David69 said:

Agree with the players mentioned look good. Its a whole new team take time to gel, they can only get better each week. My only concern is the kicking side of game.   Sure muzza will get it sorted. So far so good etc.think bradford players was flanagan no 1  n think lawford was one of hb.(both had 1st team experience)

It was a good blow out for the team today, and I'm sure muza will have seen enough on what has to be improved on over the last few weeks, and it's only early days,  but for me it was Jordan Burns ,Hurst, Marwood & Sabutey that stood out, in both attack and defence, think the team is starting to shape up

• Like 2

Thought today's game was a good run out,you could see what muzzer has been working on in training,some good tap plays moving the ball across the park  even on  first tackle on one set.some good trys think the team as come a long way since the start of pre season,I'm sure the ball handing and completion rate will improve come the start of the league games.

12 minutes ago, Town utd said:

Thought today's game was a good run out,you could see what muzzer has been working on in training,some good tap plays moving the ball across the park  even on  first tackle on one set.some good trys think the team as come a long way since the start of pre season,I'm sure the ball handing and completion rate will improve come the start of the league games.

Think under muz you will see constant improvement from the players, and a lot of this comes down to man management with the players, and that's one thing he is good at, 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, JMB said:

Think under muz you will see constant improvement from the players, and a lot of this comes down to man management with the players, and that's one thing he is good at, 

Great to hear Martin, you haven't once mentioned Last season, Chris Thorman or Alex Young ..... Your therapist will be delighted with your progress 👏👏

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Town Army said:

Great to hear Martin, you haven't once mentioned Last season, Chris Thorman or Alex Young ..... Your therapist will be delighted with your progress 👏👏

Where did Alex Young end up for this season by the way? - always thought he was a decent player and was a handful when he ran the ball in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Town Army said:

Why did you have to go and mention them names again 🤬, it still winds me up how so many fans thought that he was a good coach, but he has gone and lets just it was a experience.  So I'm a happy bunny, now it was nice to see today a team that looked liked they were enjoying themselves and working for each other, and i haven't seen Jordan Burns play like that for a long time, not since his early days at Haven, but as i said previously, Sabutey, Hurst & Marwood also looked very good, I will buy you a pint at the next game if you promise not to mention the X coach again.  😁 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JMB said:

Why did you have to go and mention them names again 🤬, it still winds me up how so many fans thought that he was a good coach, but he has gone and lets just it was a experience.  So I'm a happy bunny, now it was nice to see today a team that looked liked they were enjoying themselves and working for each other, and i haven't seen Jordan Burns play like that for a long time, not since his early days at Haven, but as i said previously, Sabutey, Hurst & Marwood also looked very good, I will buy you a pint at the next game if you promise not to mention the X coach again.  😁 

Fair shout mate 👍Up The Town 

Up The Brow 

13 hours ago, town2018 said:

Didn't make the game today how did the walker and Simpson half back partnership go 

They were both OK, but as has already been said the kicking game on last plays needs some work. The pleasing part was they were both willing to take the line on and will get better the more they play together. 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

I know it was only a friendly and he might do it different in the League but i liked the way he did His substitions  i.e. putting them on at all sorts of times even in the first half as opposed to 25 mins gone 2 props off 2 on  , 30 minutes gone 2 on 2 off etc. not as robotic as some Coaches .

• Like 1

Pleased with yesterday's performance, for me Burns MOM , Hurst is going to be a good signing for us , young Simpson deserves a mention thought he had a good game and I haven't seen Tom run the ball out like that before. Kicking is going to be problem I think and needs address.

I just think it was nice coming out of the ground satisfied that we had seen  expansive rugby , good try's   and that you couldn't name a player who had a bad game  .We've got some big lads in the pack .which we were crying out for all last season . And I agree with some of the earlier comments  . I thought Cain Barnes  work rate was outstanding .Tom Curwens  speed at running at the opposition  was a joy to watch . If teams have to defend against forwards running at them like that .it will tire there defence so our backs will come into there own , and I'm sure we will see some  more exciting try's .  . Well done Lads UTT 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

Just a question anyone know what was wrong with Glen Riley yesterday seen him at the match but not included, I would have thought yesterday's game would have been a good time to give him some game time unless he's injured that is ?

Think he has a hamstring injury, 

18 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Where did Alex Young end up for this season by the way? - always thought he was a decent player and was a handful when he ran the ball in.

Two tries today in Newcastle's 18-6 away win at Swinton. Obviously managed to get some passes out to him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1