Grading criteria - details 9 March, vote 19 April

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/61378/rl-commercial-board-and-img-club-grading---update?fbclid=IwAR0K5pxCf4bA5N_LnFSe_v2zbhzSaqQ6YfV6kGLq-kPDWrOfbhTfz-hEQgE

Clubs have today been informed of the next stages of IMG’s Reimagining of Rugby League.

Grading criteria will be presented at a Special General Meeting on March 9, with a number of consultation sessions scheduled for the next six weeks until another SGM, including a vote, on April 19.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

The mention of women & wheelchair RL plus PDRL & LDRL a clue to grading, perhaps?

IMHO, the most impressive thing about the World Cup, and possibly the redeeming feature that meant it could be classed as a success was the inclusivity element - I'd love RL to really grasp this and push ourselves to the front of the pack here. We presented ourselves as a modern, progressive and inclusive sport at the RLWC, we can't let that drop.

• Like 17

38 minutes ago, Dave T said:

IMHO, the most impressive thing about the World Cup, and possibly the redeeming feature that meant it could be classed as a success was the inclusivity element - I'd love RL to really grasp this and push ourselves to the front of the pack here. We presented ourselves as a modern, progressive and inclusive sport at the RLWC, we can't let that drop.

I agree with all that but if certain clubs reflect the supporter's who post on here they are only interested in these areas if they can generate income. 

Edited by ELBOWSEYE

8 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

I agree with all that but if certain clubs reflect the supporter's who post on here they are only interested in these areas if they can generate income. 

That's not really true though. Posters here absolutely celebrate things like PDRL and LDRL and know that it isn't making money in the short term.

Plenty of people see the bigger picture of community engagement and the value it brings. 

There are some people who get too bogged down in really specific ROI, which can look terrible.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

That's not really true though. Posters here absolutely celebrate things like PDRL and LDRL and know that it isn't making money in the short term.

Plenty of people see the bigger picture of community engagement and the value it brings. 

There are some people who get too bogged down in really specific ROI, which can look terrible.

Dave you must have read when talking about all SL clubs having women's teams that they won't bring income in. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Dave you must have read when talking about all SL clubs having women's teams that they won't bring income in. 

Dave very cleverly only mentioned the PDRL/LDRL side of things which are normally very positively talked about.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, gingerjon said:

Dave very cleverly only mentioned the PDRL/LDRL side of things which are normally very positively talked about.

My own personal view is that all SL clubs should be involved with promoting and helping to run. 

Acadamy 

Women's 

Schools

Local juniors (in conjunction with local clubs) (male and female). 

PDRL 

LDRL 

All this should be taken into account with the grading. 

It actively gets more people in the community involved with RL and gives clubs the opportunity to find a bigger fan base. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

My own personal view is that all SL clubs should be involved with promoting and helping to run. 

Acadamy 

Women's 

Schools

PDRL 

LDRL 

It actively gets more people in the community involved with RL and gives clubs the opportunity to find a bigger fan base. 

Just wondering if theres a reason not to include Wheelchair RL in that list.

2 hours ago, dealwithit said:

They are playing this well so far. Consultation, feedback loops, clear time frames, public media releases…

The RFL of old would have just rushed something through with limited consultation. 

I mean its almost like they have done this before and are a professional organisation or something.. it'll never catch on!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

I think we have a wide range of views. Different fans value different things. And that's fine, but in my experience, generally speaking, fans, particularly those posting here appreciate these developments. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Acadamy 

Women's 

Schools

PDRL 

LDRL 

Don't forget Masters, Tag and Touch!

Tag and Touch have age grades and mixed teams with equal numbers of gender. Super inclusive!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

Go on then, I'll bite. Which bit is bonkers? 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! You fool, you fool!

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

I think we have a wide range of views. Different fans value different things. And that's fine, but in my experience, generally speaking, fans, particularly those posting here appreciate these developments. 

Exactly. For those who don't appreciate these developments, supporting them isn't compulsory. If someone does not appreciate (say) women's RL, they don't have to watch it. Equally, they don't have the right to prevent others from watching it.

• Like 2