Season starts, V London Skolars

dkw

What a relief not to be scrapping for a win, i wasn't sure what level we would be at and now we've a better idea. Ciaran was key so hope he shrugged off that knock. Muzza said he wants them to enjoy playing which sounds obvious but i think some coaches forget that. 

It must've been a kick in the guts for them when we brought Blaine,Jack, JJ and the try scoring butcher Joe on!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, DavidM said:

Great stuff , momentum going into the next game on , err , March 19

We play our Challenge Cup tie next weekend. 

Ince Rose Bridge, we're just finalising details.

If we win, we will play again weekend of 11/12th March. 

Thank you. 

UTT

Edited by WTRLFC WEBSITE
  • Sad 1

Let's enjoy while we can.

Listened to the Haven game and despite picking up a couple of our better players they struggled. Gary Charlton said they need a gate of 1200 to be OK financially.

They will struggle with a losing team and it will be interesting to see how many they get for Swinton who pipped Barra at the end

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Listened to the Haven game and despite picking up a couple of our better players they struggled. Gary Charlton said they need a gate of 1200 to be OK financially.

They will struggle with a losing team and it will be interesting to see how many they get for Swinton who pipped Barra at the end

Can't see them getting 1200 when they are struggling, they got nowhere near that when they were going well a couple of years ago. I thought Swinton would be the whipping boys but they've now got 2 points more than we got all of last season. I think haven will beat them next week though.

1 hour ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Can't see them getting 1200 when they are struggling, they got nowhere near that when they were going well a couple of years ago. I thought Swinton would be the whipping boys but they've now got 2 points more than we got all of last season. I think haven will beat them next week though.

Agreed mate, no chance of getting 1200, if Haven don't win next week then that's the season done. Great result yesterday, fantastic start to the season 👏👏

1 hour ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

thats a very optimistic budget that. I don't think there was 1200 average when they done well the other season.

2 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Agreed mate, no chance of getting 1200, if Haven don't win next week then that's the season done. Great result yesterday, fantastic start to the season 👏👏

Hard to break 1000 around here when yer getting beaten every week as we found out last season.

throw into the mix that they have no directors at present and all kinds of rumours are doing the rounds (good and bad) then it’s hard to see how they won’t be flirting with relegation this season.

Barrow have surprised me, I know it’s only 2 games in but they need to get some wins on the board before losing becomes a habit 

1 minute ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Hard to break 1000 around here when yer getting beaten every week as we found out last season.

throw into the mix that they have no directors at present and all kinds of rumours are doing the rounds (good and bad) then it’s hard to see how they won’t be flirting with relegation this season.

Barrow have surprised me, I know it’s only 2 games in but they need to get some wins on the board before losing becomes a habit 

barrow have lost 3 mate.

1 minute ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Its 3 games in isn't it? 

17 hours ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

A lot of rumour's going around, sad times for rugby league in west Cumbria.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

win next week then that's the season done.

You're definitely in a relegation battle but Thats a bit premature. You should stick by your club. I think there's 3 clubs that are gonna struggle in that league this season.

On 18/02/2023 at 18:37, silverfox said:

I think Gary Murdoch as to take alot of credit  for the work he has done with  Muzza getting the team together. .I know we will have alot harder games this season . But WOW  when was the last time Town scored that many points away from home   . UTT . 

Defo, he has been instrumental in pulling the team together for the start of the season, and done a good job, and by all accounts the team is a happy team, and this goes a long way in having a successful team, it builds for the future of the club.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, town4me said:

You're definitely in a relegation battle but Thats a bit premature. You should stick by your club. I think there's 3 clubs that are gonna struggle in that league this season.

I think it's 2 from 3  between haven, Newcastle and Swinton, even though they've  won 2 out of 3. Barrow will come good, too many good players not to stay up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

I think it's 2 from 3  between haven, Newcastle and Swinton, even though they've  won 2 out of 3. Barrow will come good, too many good players not to stay up.

I think newcastle will be amongst it too.

Put on another thread , the Championship seems far weaker this year than last , think there could be 5 or even 6 Teams involved at the bottom , Sunday can go a long way for Haven if they can get a win .........by a way big shout out to the Town fans who made the way to London last week , seems we took more fans there than we had visiting fans from Newcastle , Sheffield , Batley and even Halifax last year .UTT.

• Like 3