Thread on other Championship teams

57 minutes ago, TrueBull said:

You’re funny. The only team I’m worried about is Barrow. And if they make it to the playoffs, Halifax, London and York have other problems..

The only teams Bradford haven’t beaten yet this season are Fev, York and Barrow. And we get a chance against Fev and York over the next few weeks. 

This just makes me even more depressed about our season. 🤣 We have only Toulouse and Widnes that we have not beat and we have managed to beat Fev home and away and yet we have still been so inconsistant that we are not even in a play off place. I'm torn between laughing and crying. Ignoring Wembley, what an abysmal season.

• Like 1

Been trying to keep up with how Toulouse are doing lately as they are clearly one of our biggest, if not the biggest, obstacle to SL. They have definitely been fielding some under-strength teams and have had some below-par performances recently, but they are probably the most injury-dependent team in the league.

The reason I say this is that when they can turn out their preferred 17, or something very close to it, they are a really good team, as we found out when they came to POR earlier this year.

They have such a lack of depth though that a handful of injuries can make a huge difference to them. They have a few missing at the moment including their chief playmaker Josh Ralph, who makes them tick in attack. He'll be back shortly I gather, and I think there are a few others who are missing now (or will miss the next couple of games due to suspension) who will be back for the play-offs.

They also have DR to call on - I make it there are only 2 Catalans players who are qualified to play for them though. One of them, centre Matthieu Laguerre, played for them yesterday, but the other who I think is qualified having played the minimum 4 games on loan is forward Tiaki Chan, who showed his martial arts prowess (well a head butt on Craig Hall anyway) in the game at our place.

They do have one or two who look to be out long-term though, including prop Biscarro and centre Jussaume, who had a great game defensively against us. Apparently Harrison Hansen took a knock yesterday, and the winger Armitage who ran through us a couple of times at our place missed yesterday's game, though it doesn't sound like either are long-term injuries.

They have recently acquired a really good player though in full back Zac Santo, I've only seen him in their game highlights but he looks lightning fast and will be one to watch.

Think our game at their place could turn out to be a phoney war, it's likely by then we will have sealed 1st place and they will have secured second, and I can see them resting one or two.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrueBull said:

You’re funny. The only team I’m worried about is Barrow. And if they make it to the playoffs, Halifax, London and York have other problems..

The only teams Bradford haven’t beaten yet this season are Fev, York and Barrow. And we get a chance against Fev and York over the next few weeks. 

It could easily be argued that the Bradford team which sneaked a win at The Shay wasn't really a Bradford team though. 🤔 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Ovenden Grunt said:

It could easily be argued that the Bradford team which sneaked a win at The Shay wasn't really a Bradford team though. 🤔 

It also included the worst half of rugby that I have seen us play this season, and we have had some bad ones. Kicked out on the full twice from kick offs, completed at less than 30%, numerous penalties given away and despite all that we still managed to be in the game with a few minutes left. We had a fantastic opportunity to kick on after last season and we have totally blown it. Still at least we still have the best coach in the league according to some of our fans.......

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

It also included the worst half of rugby that I have seen us play this season, and we have had some bad ones. Kicked out on the full twice from kick offs, completed at less than 30%, numerous penalties given away and despite all that we still managed to be in the game with a few minutes left. We had a fantastic opportunity to kick on after last season and we have totally blown it. Still at least we still have the best coach in the league according to some of our fans.......

And of course, on paper, the 3rd best team/squad in the comp 😉 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

Top 2 are decent , rest of the champ is a lottery.

Top two are beatable george1 as already proven. I think the matter is that teams three to nine are all of the same quality and constantly knock each other off. Leigh were too dominant for the league last season but clubs will fancy their chances at Fev and even Toulouse in the play offs. Batley caused a shock last season by winning at Post Office Road and it can be done by whoever this season. Fev and Toulouse need to be on their mettle when the play offs come around.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, RobLambert said:

I would love it, love it, if we 'lost' to Widnes in our last game to keep Fax out of the top 6.

As much as i can't stand Halifax and hope they don't get in the   play offs, i want Rovers to win every game and if it means Halifax get in play  offs then so be it.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, RobLambert said:

I would love it, love it, if we 'lost' to Widnes in our last game to keep Fax out of the top 6.

If I were a Fev fan I would want the same as well to be fair. If given the choice it makes no sense for Fev to possibly end up playing a team that has already beaten them twice this season. Luckily for Fev it shouldn't come down to that as we are more than capable of finding our own way to miss out on the playoffs.🤣

Funny thing is with the remaining games left if we did make the playoffs it would now likely be in 6th place and I wouldn't mind a trip to 3rd place Bradford and then Fev getting the "benefit" of playing the worst place team.......😀

Bradford aren't guaranteed 3rd place. They have Fev at home, and London and Sheffield away, 3 difficult fixtures. Their last game, at home to York won't be easy, but you would expect them to win.

Both Sheffield and London have 3 home games left.

Not inconceivable that Bradford finish as low as 5th. 

Edited by bigbaldnmad

45 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

If I were a Fev fan I would want the same as well to be fair. If given the choice it makes no sense for Fev to possibly end up playing a team that has already beaten them twice this season. Luckily for Fev it shouldn't come down to that as we are more than capable of finding our own way to miss out on the playoffs.🤣

Funny thing is with the remaining games left if we did make the playoffs it would now likely be in 6th place and I wouldn't mind a trip to 3rd place Bradford and then Fev getting the "benefit" of playing the worst place team.......😀

Haven't you seen enough of Bradford this season lol.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Haven't you seen enough of Bradford this season lol.

I like playing Bradford, got a lot of friends that are Bradford fans as well which usually adds a bit of spice but realistically we don't do too well at Sheffield, Batley, or even London if they were to make it where as our record against Bradford is pretty good. Its the game I would prefer if by some miracle we make the playoffs but I suspct it would be Sheffield given the reamining fixtures for each team. I can see us losing at Haven though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bullmania said:

Not championship but the fact this got called off for a electrical fault when tonight’s main sponsor was 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

8A54AB1A-76AD-444A-B8A0-1BA52A954EDF.webp

There will be no danger of any match being abandoned at our ground due to floodlight failure because you can't really tell if they are on or off to start with. In any case when someone goes to the bathroom in the houses on Post Office Road and switches on the light it illuminates that end of the ground up sufficiently😂😂😂

• Haha 3

JAYDEN Myers has admitted that he rejected offers from other clubs to pursue his dream of taking Bradford Bulls back to the Super League. Getting promoted would be class and I think that this year we have a great chance.  I think we’ve got the best team in the league. Despite defeat on Sunday, Myers revealed that the mood in the dressing room after the game was one of optimism rather than regret and  if we play them again this season, then I think we’ll do a job on them.”

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 2

On 06/09/2023 at 14:11, POR said:

JAYDEN Myers has admitted that he rejected offers from other clubs to pursue his dream of taking Bradford Bulls back to the Super League. Getting promoted would be class and I think that this year we have a great chance.  I think we’ve got the best team in the league. Despite defeat on Sunday, Myers revealed that the mood in the dressing room after the game was one of optimism rather than regret and  if we play them again this season, then I think we’ll do a job on them.”

Bulls got beat by the Knights today, great result

• Like 1