Thread on other Championship teams

2 hours ago, POR said:

Apparently BRADFORD BULLS have strengthened their pack for the push for Super League promotion. they have added Hull KR prop Dan Okoro,

Incidentally Dan's claim to fame is 3 games for Hunslet in 22  and 7 for Thunder in 23

Gonna rip the championship up then 

15 hours ago, POR said:

Apparently BRADFORD BULLS have strengthened their pack for the push for Super League promotion. they have added Hull KR prop Dan Okoro,

Incidentally Dan's claim to fame is 3 games for Hunslet in 22  and 7 for Thunder in 23

He's been given squad number 74, the next lowest number available...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Bradford Bulls have announced the appointment of 𝐄𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐧 𝐎’𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐥 as the club’s new head coach on a three-year deal from the start of the 2024 season.

AND apparently

Simon Grix will leave Halifax Panthers at the end of the 2023 season to take up an opportunity with Tony Smith and Hull FC. 

Edited by POR
  • Like 1

Think Grix leaving as he is doing works out in the best interests of everyone. If we kept going the way we are heading under him then there won't be enough fans through the gates to pay the wages. This way he gets to leave before the board push him, he gets to go to a bigger club with potential of moving on to better things, and for Fax we get plenty of time to decide who is going to be the next coach. Liam Finn will be the obvious choice as him leaving just so happened to coincide with us heading downhill. There are a lot of tears on the Facebook forum for someone leaving who has lets be honest just done ok.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, POR said:

So it's the FAX lad BO anybody else on the wish list?

Danny Ward would be nice but unlikely. Luke Robinson seems to be the main rumor with Finn. Any of those 3 I would be happy with. Lee Greenwood the only one I would not be happy with that has been mentioned.

23 hours ago, haskey said:

No doubt you will be booking your ticket  now for Wembley, Blue Ox

Certainly. Usually the Challenge Cup final does not interest me that much, I would watch it but its rare there is two teams in it that I think I would go out of my way to watch. I feel very lucky that this year we have 2 different teams in the final which should make it a great occasion and then obviously Ive seen Fax in a few finals over the last 40 years or so but chances to see your team play at Wembley are very rare so we have to take them. Couldn't think of a better team to play against either as Batley are mine, and just about everyones, second team in this league although I don't think we will have much neutral support in the final because of that. 😀

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Not Championship-related but a guy with a reputation for being the most reliable/well-informed poster on the Warrington board says Powell has been sacked.

After today's thrashing by Wakey i am not surprised.He has brought players in and the results don't match the clubs ambitions.

• Like 1

Barrow have played really well in the first half at Bradford, winning 8-0 at half time and very good value for that too, maybe we didn't give them enough credit when we were critical of our own fairly mediocre display up up at Barrow.

Bradford though have been flakey and temperamental, loads of penalties from indiscipline (all Barrow points from penalties), Taufua sent off for biting, Bradford players talking back to the ref etc. The fans have been getting on the ref's back but really the most controversial decision he made in the first half was disallowing a Barrow try for a phantom forward pass.

• Like 4

Well, I didn't expect that.

The race for the playoff places looks interesting and Bradford are not certain to be in the six. They have 3 of the top 4 to play, us at home, and Batley and Sheffield away. They also play 2 other playoff contenders in London and York.

Looks like the final 2 places, assuming that Batley and Sheffield stay in the top 4, will be in the balance right until the end of the season.

Any 2 of Bradford, Halifax, Widnes, London or York... I'm sure there will be twists and turns weekly.

Relegation looks equally as close.

Exciting end to the season.

• Like 4