Raider83

My side for Swinton;

Cresswell, bulman Corkill Shaw Toal

Archer Sammutt

Gillam Johnston iaria

Stack Langtree

Wells

Burke, emeslie, Evans, Saunders 

Think we need to change it up Worthington has looked well off it not sure if he is fit.  carter had a poor start to the season his rotation of the bench hasn't worked. Toal lucky to keep his place for me after 2 iffy games but would give him another go. 

Broadbent, Worthington, carter & Hopkins left out for me. 

Don't think cresta will see it like this I expect Worthington to definitely be involved hope he proves me wrong and has a big game! No wood or Mossop looks like Saunders will get a run who I've my defensive reservations about. Is a worry if both wood and Mossop out for a period of time, I'd be looking for a 9 on loan. 

12 hours ago, Raider91 said:

My side for Swinton;

Cresswell, bulman Corkill Shaw Toal

Archer Sammutt

Gillam Johnston iaria

Stack Langtree

Wells

Burke, emeslie, Evans, Saunders 

Think we need to change it up Worthington has looked well off it not sure if he is fit.  carter had a poor start to the season his rotation of the bench hasn't worked. Toal lucky to keep his place for me after 2 iffy games but would give him another go. 

Broadbent, Worthington, carter & Hopkins left out for me. 

Don't think cresta will see it like this I expect Worthington to definitely be involved hope he proves me wrong and has a big game! No wood or Mossop looks like Saunders will get a run who I've my defensive reservations about. Is a worry if both wood and Mossop out for a period of time, I'd be looking for a 9 on loan. 

Agree on Worthington but think some players will be undroppable no matter how poor their performances are 

2 hours ago, Bring back GB said:

Same side as last week apart from Saunders for Wood. Would have liked to have seen Corkill and Archer selected. 

Something needs to change. 

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Dave W said:

Something needs to change. 

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. 

Game management wins us this game comfortably. 

Our main issue is our lack of pace in centres and fullback. Teams are absolutely jamming us out wide stifling our halves. 

2 minutes ago, RSN said:

Game management wins us this game comfortably. 

Our main issue is our lack of pace in centres and fullback. Teams are absolutely jamming us out wide stifling our halves. 

Shawy and Bulman are rapid although Bulman hasn’t had the chance to show it yet. Toal and Cresswell are reasonably quick. I think we have bigger problems than that. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Reading your topic reminds me of Batley v Swinton, they will surprise some more teams. 

If Swinton keep on surprising something has to give in this division i.e. a team who was tipped to stay up pre-season could well go down. Who is your money on?

32 minutes ago, Jarc said:

Shawy and Bulman are rapid although Bulman hasn’t had the chance to show it yet. Toal and Cresswell are reasonably quick. I think we have bigger problems than that. 

Shaw isn't rapid. It's more having backs who can't make breaks. All 3 teams have used the same formula to beat us. All used the same game plan to take Sammut out of the game. 

The isn't saying they aren't good players just to clarify. It's just a bit of an issue we have. We can get round it with game plan but I think teams are defending like we can't go round them forcing us down the middle with no space. 

We should have won today regardless of their game plan but we played daft last 10 minutes. 

Edited by RSN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jarc said:

Shawy turns like a large ship and toal got ran down last week by a 38 yr old who's come out of retirement! There's next to no pace in the back line

• Haha 1

Sammut doesn't look happy or particularly interested ... I think he was shocked nobody came in for him after that tweet about availabilty late last year and signed back on as a last resort

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

1 hour ago, Bring back GB said:

What is the point of signing these new players if they never get selected even when the side desperately needs some changes ???

The likes of Archer and Corkill should have been playing yesterday and young Broady looked great in pre-season.

Who would the 3 above replace then? Broadbent for Cresswell? Archer? Corkhill for Shaw and lose the kicking ability.