Match thread: Championship Round 8: Batley v Featherstone. Friday 7th April 2023.

marklaspalmas

33 minutes ago, Squidward said:

Been trying to purchase tickets through the Batley site without success. Used Android and Apple phones.

I suppose you can just pay for the adult ticket at the gate?

Taking my boy. Really good price incentive to do so. Pity about the I. T. purchasing issue.

Iam sure you can pay on gate,can't see em turning anyone away lol.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

We are short a couple of starting big props(middles) so i would line up like this.                                                           Aekins                                                                                                Briscoe                Leilua                 Hardcastle            Gale                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Taylor        Dean                                                                                                Lockwood           Wildie           Day                                                                                                      Bussey                    Davies                                                                                                                     Cozza                                                                                                             Subs Jones    Yei      Moors    Vete                                                                   Leaving Evans out for extra rest on groin injury .Prefer Hardcastle to Hall in centre as he always plays well against Batley.Could play Hall in centre and Hardcastle as a starting second row with Davies on the bench instead of Vete who may need a couple of training sessionsa to fit in.

Be surprising if both our loanees don't figure today, after this game there's only London away (when Koppy will be back) and then we don't have a game for three weeks.

Junior Moors is missing again so presumably is one of the forwards who has had a setback since the last game.

Evans (who many thought tweaked something in the York game), Fleming, and Hall (18th man) are the others to miss out.

Mackenzie Yei gets what might be his first start for us, with Vete and Aydin on the bench.

As expected, Taylor is at half back partnering Dean.

52 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Be surprising if both our loanees don't figure today, after this game there's only London away (when Koppy will be back) and then we don't have a game for three weeks.

People have got to understand that SL loanees only come if they are guaranteed game time 

Job done, far from pretty and our lack of composure and game management in the second half was really, really poor. To be honest a half-decent team would have beaten us today and we were lucky that Batley were very ordinary themselves especially in the first half. The hill obviously had its massive usual impact on proceedings in both halves and it's invariably a disadvantage to play downhill first but we still invited Batley into our half far too often in the second half.

A game to put a line through and move on, we were missing so many important players that it's not really surprising we weren't very impressive. The new hamstring injury to Taylor is a major concern if it proves to be another one that keeps him out for an extended period though.

7 minutes ago, Normy_Rover said:

I don’t think we got the rub of the green decision wise. I’ll take that win with such a patched up team

Ref was GARBAGE and fell for Batley's holding us down in their tackles.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What a load of () you lot sometimes talk you got penalised at least half a dozen for holding down second half and a man binned, but for batley making some poor mistakes this good have been a different game today, any honest fev fan will say that you got away with one today, ask long and prycy who were (crapping) it on the touch line second half! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Unbelievable penalty count of 14-4. I counted 7 back to one to 1. 

Vella tried his hardest. But featherstone held out against a good Batley side. Questions have to be raised about Vella. He's consistently poor for most championship games. Maybe this level is too hard for him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daft old hooker said:

Everyone goes on about how great Batley and their fans and all I ever see are a load of idiots coming on her spouting rubbish and slagging us off. Really would like to see them relegated 

No ones slagged anyone off ye silly old hooker! It's just an opinion about the game! And nice comment about wanting batley relegated real classy!! 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Daft old hooker said:

Everyone goes on about how great Batley and their fans and all I ever see are a load of idiots coming on her spouting rubbish and slagging us off. Really would like to see them relegated 

I wouldn't want to see them relegated  nice club and away day,you get one eyed idiots at ALL clubs.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Daft old hooker said:

As a true rugby league fan I wouldn't wish relegation on any team, as this can cause problems and hardship for any club that unfortunately does get relegated. 

• Like 3

As always it is a pleasure to visit The Mount on a day like today.Penalty count so much against us it is out of proportion to most games of Rugby League.He let a few not square at marker offsides and pulling on the ball in the tackle go for them.Thought Vete fitted in well he is quite a big unit and i can see why Sean thought he was a better option than Cooper.Dean was not too bad in the first half but had a very poor 2nd 40.Our second try  the goal kick was a goal i was standing directly by the stick.Ball went about 4 foot over the nearside upright but it would have gone in.We let a soft one in when three tacklers couldn't stop a basic plunge for the line.Thought Joey worked really hard throughout and Hardcastle was not far behind him.Briscoe was playing ok in the first half but then lost the ball a couple of times well inside our half.Like others without a decent stand off i am happy with the win.Hooley took a lot of stick from Rovers supporters but responded in the right way by waving to shout louder.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

As a true rugby league fan I wouldn't wish relegation on any team, as this can cause problems and hardship for any club that unfortunately does get relegated. 

Tek ner notice, another good away following from Fev ,says it all about our favourite away day.

• Like 1

The good - I thought out defense was fairly strong given the weight of possession against us in the second half, barring one soft try. I thought Hardcastle continued to be our best player so far this season. Leilua looked very up for it today too and put a shift in. Thought we created the best atmosphere of the season to date, really good.

The bad - Game management. A couple of times at 26-14 we had opportunities to go for a drop goal but produced rubbish kicks that went dead.

The ugly - That refereeing performance was one of the worst I've ever seen. I've just never seen such a one sided interpretation of holding down and not being square around the ruck. The Briscoe "knock on" that led to a little rucus never hit the floor. Disagreements with his linesmen over 20 metre restarts or drop outs. Also, we either need Lacans to heal much quicker than expected or we need a half back. Losing ET in the warmup and throwing Hall in there isn't ideal and you can't put the blame on Hall the individual but it's a lot for a 21 year old to manage the game on his own.

Onwards and upwards, another 2 points but a game to forget.

Edited by Michael Bates
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daft old hooker said:

good name choice DOH

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..