v Haven.

RLDB

1 hour ago, Charlo23 said:

She was identified club and player said OK to attend.  So no issue from last year's drink throwing 

###### poor excuse, haven worst fans in the whole leagues, proves that today, bunch of ######s!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Charlo23 said:

Woman was identified.  But player said take no further action so end of !!!.

No more mention of drink thrown last season needed 

Obviously a theme there with you lot.... can't take your drink (or chemicals). Lashing it at Shawy last year  then at our fans this season to cause bother.  

25 minutes ago, Left Winger said:

Obviously a theme there with you lot.... can't take your drink (or chemicals). Lashing it at Shawy last year  then at our fans this season to cause bother.  

It was both sets of fans throwing drinks. Both as bad as each other and needs sorted out by both clubs. Puts both clubs in bad light and takes away the good win by Haven and takes away how poor Barrow were by giving everyone something else to take about. While I've no doubt that cresta is a good coach, maybe time for him to go and get a new face in, seems he has his favourites who aren't doing the job for you guys.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

It was both sets of fans throwing drinks. Both as bad as each other and needs sorted out by both clubs. Puts both clubs in bad light and takes away the good win by Haven and takes away how poor Barrow were by giving everyone something else to take about. While I've no doubt that cresta is a good coach, maybe time for him to go and get a new face in, seems he has his favourites who aren't doing the job for you guys.

A large number of Haven fans think they are a football firm strutting about being obnoxious and trying to start fights soon as they entered the ground, keep kidding yourself it was 50/50 because you can see on the clips on youtube and the damage in the Wheatcheif to know who's at fault.

• Like 1

On the actual game itself yesterday was a very good win for Haven and was thoroughly deserved overall because they were the better of 2 poor sides on the day. Apart from the Fax win Barrow have been very disappointing this season and are a shadow of the team who performed so brilliantly last season, we look devoid of ideas and are so predictable in attack, things need to change quickly or before we know it we will be back in League 1.

richiekeay.gif

Haven fully deserved the victory, faster and more direct, with more ideas in attack. As for us that was abysmal, no clue going forward (tries came from their mistakes from kicks) and some of the bench forwards embarrassing with their efforts compared to havens bench who totally changed the game. We are in big trouble and I'm not sure our 'glorious' coach sees it as we keep playing the same way with the same out of form/lazy players.

Now for the haven fans, 3rd time in around 5 years they've caused trouble at the ground (the only team who come that has this issue). Never seen a game have to be paused to deal with problems of them fighting and throwing stuff onto the pitch at players. Last year it was drinks at players. Couple of years before that it was an infamous haven players dad causing trouble (he was involved again yesterday 🙄). Also an Ex barrow forward supporting haven yesterday causing trouble at the end of the game and refusing to leave the ground.

Whitehaven have a real issue in their support base(maybe within their town). Will it get addressed? Absolutely not. The behaviour of some of their players after the hooter whipping it up again said it all.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, blue forever said:

Haven fully deserved the victory, faster and more direct, with more ideas in attack. As for us that was abysmal, no clue going forward (tries came from their mistakes from kicks) and some of the bench forwards embarrassing with their efforts compared to havens bench who totally changed the game. We are in big trouble and I'm not sure our 'glorious' coach sees it as we keep playing the same way with the same out of form/lazy players.

Now for the haven fans, 3rd time in around 5 years they've caused trouble at the ground (the only team who come that has this issue). Never seen a game have to be paused to deal with problems of them fighting and throwing stuff onto the pitch at players. Last year it was drinks at players. Couple of years before that it was an infamous haven players dad causing trouble (he was involved again yesterday 🙄). Also an Ex barrow forward supporting haven yesterday causing trouble at the end of the game and refusing to leave the ground.

Whitehaven have a real issue in their support base(maybe within their town). Will it get addressed? Absolutely not. The behaviour of some of their players after the hooter whipping it up again said it all.

Don't tar us all with the same brush mate, like all clubs we get a few idiots who just turn up for certain games or a day out.

Agree with your point regarding your bench, Havens impact off the bench bringing on Aiye and Walker was much more effective than Brooks, Evans & Burke.

When haven went down to 16 losing O'Brien and Freeman I was expecting Barrow to kick on but the interchanges didn't bring any impact at all.

Thought Gillam and Wells went well for you.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, blue forever said:

Couldnt agree more with this. barrows bench was poor and offered nothing, would rather have hungry local players. I dont think our problem lies with tee and hakim not being jere I think our pack has got worse than last year and some of them look very unfit. Whitehaven went through our middle very easily yesterday and efforts were poor

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Don't tar us all with the same brush mate, like all clubs we get a few idiots who just turn up for certain games or a day out.

Agree with your point regarding your bench, Havens impact off the bench bringing on Aiye and Walker was much more effective than Brooks, Evans & Burke.

When haven went down to 16 losing O'Brien and Freeman I was expecting Barrow to kick on but the interchanges didn't bring any impact at all.

Thought Gillam and Wells went well for you.

Of course it's not all haven fans but the only time in last 5 or so years it's been Haven that have been involved, no one else. It's a Haven issue that needs rooting out and dealing with. 

Aiye was best player on the pitch and walker and newton of the bench also good. Yous played basic rugby well. Something we seem to not be able to do

Gillam, wells,stack and langtree were decent yesterday, but they're badly let down by them bench forwards all of whom will probably be on more coin.

Edited by blue forever

2 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Your own sizeable element of idiots have took the shine of your deserved win. Thought you did what you had to & got the result you deserved no argument there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blue forever said:

Gillam, wells,stack and langtree were decent yesterday, but they're badly let down by them bench forwards all of whom will probably be on more coin.

I think that’s the issue. They’ll be on such good money compared to the local lads, they have to play to justify it. Regardless of whether they’re playing well or not. 

Bradford and Swinton fans weren’t arsed at all to see Evans and Brooks leave and were seeing why. 

19 minutes ago, Left Winger said:

Your own sizeable element of idiots have took the shine of your deserved win. Thought you did what you had to & got the result you deserved no argument there.

100% mate to me it felt like we'd got beat leaving the ground. They spoiled what should've been a fantastic win for whitehaven.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, 2Cents said:

I arrived very late (mid 2nd-half) just in time to see a lone, middle-age female steward trying to subdue a young drunken and violent Whitehaven fan, who was going berserk chasing a Barrow fan, before being 'arrested' by a St John's Ambulance bloke, which is not his job. Was there no segregation of fans or no male stewards in-between the opposing fans until after trouble started? As I said, I missed most of the game. Didn't seem to be any Police presence in the ground.

Police are never seen in Rugby League games these days as the Club has to pay for them and they are far too expensive .Fans are allowed to drink themselves into a stupor ,whereas years ago they would be chucked out of the pub or wherever if drunk , Stewards are completely ineffective and probably have no legal way of "policing " troublemakers , the yobs know this , and you know the results .

• Like 1

I got the 12.33 train to Barrow from Askam and it was rammed with some Haven fans in club colours who were behaving and a lot of young lads who were already steaming and you could tell they were out for trouble. When getting off the train they carried on into town only arriving at the ground about 2.30 ish. Out of the approx 400 who travelled down about 40/50 were looking for trouble and didn’t like it when some Barrow fans when back at them after having drinks thrown over them. This group of young lads need kicking out of every ground they go to starting with Haven. 

9 hours ago, RLDB said:

I got the 12.33 train to Barrow from Askam and it was rammed with some Haven fans in club colours who were behaving and a lot of young lads who were already steaming and you could tell they were out for trouble. When getting off the train they carried on into town only arriving at the ground about 2.30 ish. Out of the approx 400 who travelled down about 40/50 were looking for trouble and didn’t like it when some Barrow fans when back at them after having drinks thrown over them. This group of young lads need kicking out of every ground they go to starting with Haven. 

Won't happen they are now part of the club culture and  only seem to get over excited going to Town and Barrow. The excuses from their support says it all for me. Embarrassing but never mind its RL where the it's better to ignore crowd problems. I saw 4 Police vehicles in The Range car park after the hooter had sounded all occupants stood around laughing must have been 8 coppers there, was anyone arrested yesterday ?  Where were the police from up the coast  accompanying the clowns as is standard procedure with football fans.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, tec said:

Won't happen they are now part of the club culture and  only seem to get over excited going to Town and Barrow. The excuses from their support says it all for me. Embarrassing but never mind its RL where the it's better to ignore crowd problems. I saw 4 Police vehicles in The Range car park after the hooter had sounded all occupants stood around laughing must have been 8 coppers there, was anyone arrested yesterday ?  Where were the police from up the coast  accompanying the clowns as is standard procedure with football fans.

Just wondering how many of those muppets made the journey to Fev or anywhere outside the county. Not real RL fans from what ive seen of them.🤔

• Like 1

Next time out - if we stay up that is!!! - 12:00 kick off, no entry to the ground without ticket, restrict them to the Hindpool road end and only sell soft drinks at that end. Anyone turning up already leathered, don't let them in. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dave W said:

Next time out - if we stay up that is!!! - 12:00 kick off, no entry to the ground without ticket, restrict them to the Hindpool road end and only sell soft drinks at that end. Anyone turning up already leathered, don't let them in. 

I tend to agree some kind of measures need putting in place for next time they arrive on their big day out.

I do not see why the well behaved fan base should be affected by it though,difficult one🤔

6 minutes ago, HP Beans said:

I tend to agree some kind of measures need putting in place for next time they arrive on their big day out.

I do not see why the well behaved fan base should be affected by it though,difficult one🤔

Sadly, it's always the idiots that spoil it for everyone else. 

• Like 1