Newcastle cup game

Fevrover

• 2 weeks later...

What about Butterworth - if he is fit, why is he not getting a run out? And Dee (rivalling Hingano on the SN front)? Edwards?Fitzsimmonds? I’ve given up on asking about the likes of Ellis. More chance of me turning out for Penrith Panthers than seeing him in a York shirt. This radio silence from the club re: injuries is really starting to hack me off. 

19 hours ago, Fax Knight said:

What about Butterworth - if he is fit, why is he not getting a run out? And Dee (rivalling Hingano on the SN front)? Edwards?Fitzsimmonds? I’ve given up on asking about the likes of Ellis. More chance of me turning out for Penrith Panthers than seeing him in a York shirt. This radio silence from the club re: injuries is really starting to hack me off. 

If you listen to the interview on yo1 radio hendo does get asked about injured players and he does answer the questions.

2 hours ago, spanishknight said:

Harris and Marsh are in the 21 squad

Hope they both play , marshy to his best position fullback , wouldn't object to Harris and Cunningham in the Half's, thought Cunningham was really effective there against fax , that would leave browny to return to his wing to shore up the defence on that left side , obviously A J on the other as he's been outstanding this season 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Cam varley said:

Challenge cup is Monday 24th at 18:30 not sure about 1895

I am almost certain the 1895 is drawn at the same time. I wonder if there will be a limit on the number of loan players that can be used in the 1895 Cup? One or two clubs might struggle if there is.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

I am almost certain the 1895 is drawn at the same time. I wonder if there will be a limit on the number of loan players that can be used in the 1895 Cup? One or two clubs might struggle if there is.

A lot of clubs won't want their players cup tied, don't know about our two if they can play

1 hour ago, georgeb1 said:

Hope they both play , marshy to his best position fullback , wouldn't object to Harris and Cunningham in the Half's, thought Cunningham was really effective there against fax , that would leave browny to return to his wing to shore up the defence on that left side , obviously A J on the other as he's been outstanding this season 

Id give ward a game and rest one of brown towse both played every game this season

13 hours ago, spanishknight said:

A lot of clubs won't want their players cup tied, don't know about our two if they can play

Think Mikey Lewis played for us in the final a couple of years back. Don’t recall the terms of his ‘loan’ from Hull KR.

6 hours ago, Fenton Knight said:

Think Mikey Lewis played for us in the final a couple of years back. Don’t recall the terms of his ‘loan’ from Hull KR.

He did, but in fairness he had played for us earlier in the season. My point is this:-

Is there anything in the rules for the 1895 cup that would prevent any of the semi finalists taking SL players on loan The Challenge Cup and 1895 are different competitions, so would being cup-tied apply if a Championship club takes on SL players for the semi final? Also, does it state anywhere, that only registered players, or those who have played in earlier rounds of the Challenge Cup are available for the semi finals and finals to prevent clubs strengthening their teams?   It is supposed to be a chance for Championship clubs to play at Wembley, hopefully that is what it will be.

• Like 4

Just read the 1895 draw details on OurLeague it says 

The draw for the Semi Finals of the AB Sundecks 1895 Cup will take place on the weekend of 17/18 June. Ties will be played on the weekend of 23/24 July, with the final at Wembley Stadium on Saturday 12 August (KO 5.15pm).

• Thanks 2

I think Hendo should pick his strongest possible team. It would be a big mistake to underrate Newcastle, look what happened when we played Whitehaven. There is a lot at stake tomorrow evening. Progress to the next round and a possible meeting with a super league club to boost the coffers. Qualification for the 1895 Cup semi final, plus the fact that progress in the cup competitions, apparently, adds to the points required for grading purposes under the IMG proposals.

• Like 8