Dogs v Cougars

Dog forever

45 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Why not? He’s our player they don’t have a game today so it could benefit him been in our squad for experience 

Of course he's our player, but as it stands he is on a loan agreement with Rochdale so surely he can't come and go as and when it suits batley.   Unless of course you are more in the know.

Thought that was a really good performance, especially uphill. Perfect kicking game from the half backs, Woods especially, and great running from the pack, backed up by good defence.

Downhill we were a bit more loose but ran out comfortably. Looking forward to the draw for the next round (s).

All round great performance! apart from a couple hiccups at the end. I thought and probably most had this game down as a close one, we dominated them from the off our forwards out powered them throughout the first half and made good yards, the only down side for me was how many times we just handed over the ball on the last play! The two tries scored at the end of the half where the turning point, second half was more of same we just out muscled them and dominated field position, apart from the two late tries they scored when the game was over it was good all round team performance, with a few individuals having  great performances! WELL DONE BOYS! 

Edited by The scrim reaper
  • Like 1

Excellent first half and a solid start in the second only spoilt by the last 10 minutes or so. Would like to meet Fax at Wembley, but let's see how far we can get in the challenge Cup first lol

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

3 hours ago, The scrim reaper said:

All round great performance! apart from a couple hiccups at the end. I thought and probably most had this game down as a close one, we dominated them from the off our forwards out powered them throughout the first half and made good yards, the only down side for me was how many times we just handed over the ball on the last play! The two tries scored at the end of the half where the turning point, second half was more of same we just out muscled them and dominated field position, apart from the two late tries they scored when the game was over it was good all round team performance, with a few individuals having  great performances! WELL DONE BOYS! 

I generally agree, but didn't mind us being tackled on the last on their line. I thought it showed a patient approach and showed we weren't panicking. 

MASSIVE drawback though is goal-kicking, 3 from 7. I realise we've been spoilt for 2 seasons, but we brought in a kicking scrum half, who probably hasn't clicked due to the ankle injury, Morton's a decent kicker who didn't miss many when he had a decent run of kicking and Meadows has kicked enough. We don't want missed goals coming back and biting our rrs when we hit a run of tight games.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Excellent first half and a solid start in the second only spoilt by the last 10 minutes or so. Would like to meet Fax at Wembley, but let's see how far we can get in the challenge Cup first lol

Fingers crossed for that final. Think it would be a really good day out for two teams consistantly at the right end of the table.

• Like 3

Impressed with Morton's finish in the top corner and McGowan stepping caught Keighley flat footed a number of times. Also missing Manning, but thought Flynn stepped in flawlessly

• Like 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Very solid performance. Dominated possession and position in the first half and gave Keighley very little to work with. Second half was one sided and I almost relaxed- which I very rarely do when watching us! Keighley poor and need a lot more size and aggression in their pack. Gale did nothing. Might have been slightly different if Chisholm had played but we were never going to let that game slip from our grasp.

I thought the sportsman coverage was really good today pre match and post match interviews plenty camera angles and full replays and some good commentary! A lot better than the what seems to be one camera down the middle shot by the pathetic BBC coverage, no replays no pre match, or post match interviews, and a woman commentator! it's diabolical! 

glad I don't pay the license fee! 

Edited by The scrim reaper

23 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Excellent first half and a solid start in the second only spoilt by the last 10 minutes or so. Would like to BEAT Fax at Wembley, but let's see how far we can get in the challenge Cup first lol

Corrected your typo, PM

• Like 1

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

There are a couple of things which are going well for us just now; Josh Woods is now getting into games a lot more, he has good hands and eyes and yesterday a couple of times he started a passing sequence thinking two balls ahead and he also has soft hands dropping passes off, especially to Walshaw reminiscent of the Stainburn/Geary pairing and his positional field kicking is strong. Anyone else notice as well how Meadows and Hodson are pairing up in moves? They clearly know the strengths that lay between them built up over a couple of seasons at London and the couple here.  Behind them as well is Ben White doing every job he gets landed with. Never shines but makes a fair break, puts in a tackling shift and covers every position when a man's out of position having made a break or a tackle. He's covered 1, centre, both halves, 9 and 13 often in 1 match. Yes, we'll miss Meadows for 2 games but if those partnerships continue and prosper in drier conditions we'll be alright.

• Like 1