London Broncos away

graham fisher

Big game on Sunday and it’s a game I think we can win,plus only one game away from Wembley. London have had one or two players in on loan from super league clubs so I don’t think they will be able to play. Hopefully we’ll have Sykes and Ferguson back in this weekend,even though the players that came in last week didn’t let us down

London 16

Dewsbury 18

Fts Whiteley

Mom Sykes 

Att Not announced 😉

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

Big game on Sunday and it’s a game I think we can win,plus only one game away from Wembley. London have had one or two players in on loan from super league clubs so I don’t think they will be able to play. Hopefully we’ll have Sykes and Ferguson back in this weekend,even though the players that came in last week didn’t let us down

London 16

Dewsbury 18

Fts Whiteley

Mom Sykes 

Att Not announced 😉

Can't go this weekend. If you're right about 16-18, it's probably just as well. I'd be having a heart attack by the final whistle. 

Edited by STEVE P
  • Haha 1

If we can come away from this one with the spoils, it could be a massive result - and not just on the day.

A next-round draw against one of SL's best-supported teams then a Home draw in the Sundecks Cup Semi, and who knows ??

We would HAVE to fancy our chances at home against just about any of the sides left playing in the Challenge Cup this weekend.

Go on boys - you can do it  !! 

• Like 3

Cant see us losing to be honest.  We are playing great rugby and I think the lads will be up for it.  Not going cos Im a useless supporter really, but will def be there for next round.

London 12 - Rams 24.

• Haha 1

We are playing well, without question and confidence levels should be good. London got off to a poor start but then began to pick up some useful results. However they have benefitted from DR/loan players who I trust will not be allowed by their parent clubs to become cup-tied. We should have a very good chance, in fact we might be favourites in some people's eyes. They have a bit of quality in the team and a fair bit of experience scattered about. We also have a longish bus ride to compete with and a fairly lacklustre atmosphere at a minor RU ground, which might work against our players.

The bookies have London as odds on to win with us being as much as 15/8 against with one of them and they don't often lose money, so this will be much closer than some of our more optimistic fans believe. I have firmly occupied a seat amongst the pessimists over the years and, sadly, have no reason to change tack now.

Broncos 24 - 16 Rams.

I do hope that the team prove me wrong - I promise to smile if they do.

• Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I want to say “yes” after listening to Liam’s real positivity last Sunday in the Royal Suite, but I think victory might just elude us.

London 24-16 Dewsbury 

FTS: Turner

MoM: Sykes

Att: 855

I want to be proved wrong. It will be very awkward for me as I will not be at the match and there is absolutely no radio commentary in London. My nails are cut so I don’t have to bite them.!

• Like 1
Legs, Dews, Legs.

2 hours ago, creditwhereitsdews said:

Where has the Dewsbury squad been announced? No sign of it on our social media

It's on Twitter.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Good luck to you boys today.

I really hope you get a result.

it's about time you all had something to shout about 👍👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Not pessimistic enough, clearly.

Never mind, a decent cup run, now back to the important stuff. I would hope for a happier squad returning from the capital next week.

• Like 1

Listening to Liam’s after match club interview and also on Radio Leeds, it was clear he was not a happy man. I hope someone can tell us what made us lose our focus and discipline and give away successive set restarts, thus putting the Broncos on the front foot, leading to five unanswered tries.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

I hope someone can tell us what made us lose our focus and discipline and give away successive set restarts, thus putting the Broncos on the front foot, leading to five unanswered tries.

Let’s hope it was just a blip because I think our discipline and focus as been pretty good this season. London Skolars away on Saturday so it’s a quick turnaround but a great chance to get the defeat today and get it out of our system. We need to concentrate on getting out of championship 1 now.

• Like 2

London weathered the storm and were very professional at backing up set after set!!  Paratta and Leyland were too quick for us around the play the ball!!  But we had our chances and gave them a real scare for 50 mins!! If Dixon had stayed down when he got his head injury the ref would have stopped the game and they would not have scored the try that for me changed the game... after that try we didn't see the ball for getting on for 20 mins! Still a great day out ... looking forward to our next london visit!!

Edited by the old nine ole
  • Thanks 2

I think this one needs a view from the Ram. Well, am not going to talk about the game as today for me was more than just about a game. I went in disguised as a human today and the day for me started the moment I got to the pick-up point. Banter, laughs and all the rest the day officially begins when we are all loaded onto a bus and set off down the M1.

The atmosphere on that bus was electric everybody was buzzing. Once we arrived and the game began wow where that bunch of nutters in top voice and even when things took a slide in the wrong direction, we all kept singing and giving them sponsor boards a right bashing till the very end.

Back on the bus for the long trip home which I hope everybody made safely and the day was done. Now then we did not win but I would not have missed that adventure for the world. I could not have thought of a better bunch of nutters to have spent my Sunday with each and everyone is a character in their own right and I think the world of all of them. We are a family we are friends and most of all we are the Dewsbury Rams are we and where ever the team may be, that’s where we all shall be because we are the Dewsbury RLFC.

A massive well done to Yvonne and the Amber Ribbon who again together pulled off another epically smooth and flawless away trip. I think another two-seat booking for Oldham away will be on order. I might even be tempted to go in full stripy horned silly suit this time.

Onwards and upwards we got a league to win.

Forever your loyal mascot Roger T Ram

• Like 6

NEVER FEAR ROGER RAM IS HERE

Oh well .......... wasn't to be, sadly.

Still, no doubt some valuable lessons learned and the main focus remains the same.... Keep up the impressive improvement with next week's return to the Capital and then, hopefully, a full strength squad available for the Dons at home. 

Looking forward to that one !!! 

• Like 2

Attended the game yesterday at what for me is a dilapidated Rosslyn Park. Sky high prices for off field products. The game itself. First of all London came out worthy winners 60-40 on the large old style artificial surface. Prior to the game a must for me was that the Rams players showed up and gave it a right old go. Well as far as I am concerned they certainly did that. Believe me this certainly was not a 36-16 rugby match. 26-16 would have represented a fairer reflection. What went wrong. Well for me we failed to capitalise on the good ball we had during the course of the match. Therefore we did not post enough points and as a result could never stretch away from the Broncos. Around the 50 min mark this failure to score manifested into the players becoming frustrated and along with fatigue we lost internal discipline and our composure. London professionally took their opportunity and the result speaks for itself. LF will be on it and we go again. Wether you agree or not the venue, travel, players waking up at crack of dawn all has a bearing on the on field performance and yes I know other teams have to do it! On this particular occasion it was just too much. Good luck to London. Finally I am very proud of our players who I believe are an honest group. On reflection I believe that some of them will be slightly disappointed in themselves regarding their own individual performances yesterday. This is not a criticism and again supports the fact that they are an honest group. I am confident that under LF’s stewardship they will come again. Well done boys let’s push on 👏👏

• Like 2

Can't add much to what's already been said. As Dewsbury fans, all we ask for is 100% effort and we got that.

It was nice to be part of a 'big' match for once, and be able to dream of bigger things with potential upsets, a very real hope of getting to Wembley in the 1895 Cup and a possible tie against a Super League club in the Challenge Cup. Hope we get to have that feeling again not long in the future.

Back to the bread and butter of the league and we need to knuckle down now and keep the winning run rolling.

Having watched the highlights I now understand why the London player Bieneck came storming through a massive gap. Dixon was injured and behind tended to by the Dewsbury physio. Both were in the line of fire and the ref failed to stop play at a previous play the ball. If you watch the highlights package the home doctor then runs onto the field of play immediately after the try has been scored. Very very crafty. To cap it all he then rules Dixon out of the next game failing him without an HIA assessment. If you were that concerned get yourself straight on the pitch and stop the play. This took place at a crucial point of the game. True supporters are not conned by these kind of actions.

• Like 2