Double header sunday

georgeb1

What a fantastic day. Ladies played great and won. Men turned up today and showed how brilliant they can be. Better than any pill or drink that money can buy. Thank you to all the players, backroom staff and volunteers for putting a very big smile back on my fisog. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Puk said:

I know where my money would be going on if i was a betting man obviously Bet 365 don't realise how many players are missing for the knights today,looking forward to today's game just hope we can score a couple of tries and don't pick up any more injuries from the game.

Completely got that wrong😂.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Cw25 said:

When a ref has sent a player off, He can send off another if he deserves it. Shame this wasn't known today.

On a another day that would have been a red card.

• Like 3

For sixty minutes we were the better team,but then Leigh's fitness took over but what a performance from the knights from 1 to 17 let's hope this is a springboard for our league campaign and it's great to come on here and give credit to the team and the coaching staff.

• Like 4

Well I feared the worst but have to say I was totally wrong. Every single player did us proud today, I enjoyed every single minute of that and it was only the part time/ full time fitness levels that beat us. Wow. I really didn't see that coming but if we can take that into the rest of the season and get a few more bodies back then possibly a late playoff push and Wembley in the 1895 is a very real possibility.  Its only one game but the performance today should be a benchmark.  Well done to all of them. Felt proud to be a Knights fan today. 

• Like 8

Outstanding effort from the Knights this afternoon. IF, Jack Smith had been braver, Hardaker and  Asiata could easily have been shown red as well, it would have been interesting then. Leaving the ground many Leigh fans were saying we were unlucky, and while the fitness of the Super League side was always going to be a factor in the last 20 minutes, we had until then, arguably been the better side. The final score certainly flattered Leigh, but it still can't take the shine off the Knights performance. 

• Like 8

12 hours ago, rich f said:

Well I feared the worst but have to say I was totally wrong. Every single player did us proud today, I enjoyed every single minute of that and it was only the part time/ full time fitness levels that beat us. Wow. I really didn't see that coming but if we can take that into the rest of the season and get a few more bodies back then possibly a late playoff push and Wembley in the 1895 is a very real possibility.  Its only one game but the performance today should be a benchmark.  Well done to all of them. Felt proud to be a Knights fan today. 

Can’t see us making up the ground to the top 6 but if we play like yesterday then relegation shouldn’t be a worry

• Like 1

It is amazing we did so well especially with the whole centre line being only 19 yrs of age they all performed above their years and experiance. it is also interesting to note that a lot of posters on here who are Leigh supporters thought the red card was justified and Hardaker was lucky to get away with a yellow, usually there try to justify such things.

I know it is a ridiculous question but has the official attendance been announced? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Expatknight said:

It is amazing we did so well especially with the whole centre line being only 19 yrs of age they all performed above their years and experiance. it is also interesting to note that a lot of posters on here who are Leigh supporters thought the red card was justified and Hardaker was lucky to get away with a yellow, usually there try to justify such things.

I know it is a ridiculous question but has the official attendance been announced? 

There were a few Knights fans moaning a few weeks ago about the loanees being young kids, I would rather have them than an experienced S/L player going through the motions, none have let us down, I for one would like to thank them for pulling on a Knights shirt.

• Like 7

Really enjoyed yesterday I did fear we would get a hiding but so glad to be proved wrong and a fantastic effort from 1-17 they gave everything and should be proud.

Good to see the stadium buzzing there was a real atmosphere yesterday and at half time a thought we were going to win and I felt deflated we didn’t but if anyone told me we would be leading with 25 mins to go I would have laughed at them.

The tackles that led to the cards yesterday in my opinion both should have been red, the first I don’t believe the player intended this momentum took over it did look horrendous and deserved a red card but I don’t think it was malicious and you could see the player apologise straight away knowing he got it wrong and fair play to Josh for getting up straight away. The Hardaker tackle for me was a straight red he lifted and drove AJ he intended this and AJ was lucky he didn’t get injured in my eyes it was pure thuggery not what we want in the game.

Fantastic turn out from Leigh supporters who got behind there team and wish them well for the rest of the season.

Hope we can translate this into the league now I think we have a very good team but injuries have killed us a win is just around the corner and then confidence will grow and players back from injuries will help but who would you drop after yesterday.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Expatknight said:

I have always found Leigh supporters to be proper rugby fans never understood the hate against them or the club they get in the main forums.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Roger York said:

I have always found Leigh supporters to be proper rugby fans never understood the hate against them or the club they get in the main forums.

It's mainly cos their chairman is an attention seeking clown

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

21 minutes ago, Shadow45 said:

Playing devil's advocate. Why haven't the Knights played like this in the majority of their league games?

Because in the majority of games we haven't had a halfback who can control the game.

• Like 4

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

1 hour ago, spanishknight said:

Jack Teanby and Zak Hardacre both got a one match ban, Jack will miss the Whitehaven game.

Won't Teanby not miss the game next weekend against Featherstone?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

It's mainly cos their chairman is an attention seeking clown

That may be the case, but, he has put in the money and bought a good well balanced team with a very good coach, you might not like him or the theatricals but one thing is certain, everyone knows about Leigh Leopards. personally I don't like the gimickry but it would seem to be working for them and the team are doing well in Super League, whether it has longevity is the big question.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Hardaker is a very lucky man then. When you consider Kirmo got 2 games for tapping Aston on the shoulder, that is ridiculous.

no consistency with the disciplinary panel, on occasions it is farcical. 

• Like 3