Fri 12th May: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Leigh Leopards KO 19:45

Who will win?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Leigh Leopards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/05/23 at 19:15

All the pressure is on Huddersfield and Ian Watson after a pretty shocking start to the year with the squad they have(even with some injuries). We have a good chance of nicking a win but after 3 straight victories it's very much a free hit.

Watching the "Last Tackle" yesterday Kevin Brown has a Leigh victory but more importantly so does Earol Crabtree he stopped short of saying the team has no heart and Watson is giving them no direction but that came over loud and clear.

On the present form of both teams this is Leigh's game to lose, but the Giants have too many good players to keep on playing sh-ite, and also if we are to believe the opinion of many that Watson is a Top coach he needs to turn it around quickly, just imagine if he had a small squad as some teams have to keep going with.

Leigh by one score, and that is from the heart. 

Edited by Harry Stottle

12 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Watching the "Last Tackle" yesterday Kevin Brown has a Leigh victory but more importantly so does Earol Crabtree he stopped short of saying the team has no heart and Watson is giving them no direction but that came over loud and clear.

On the present form of both teams this is Leigh's game to lose, but the Giants have too many good players to keep on playing sh-ite, and also if we are to believe the opinion of many that Watson is a Top coach he needs to turn it around quickly, just imagine if he had a small squad as some teams have to keep going with.

Leigh by one score, and that is from the heart. 

Not like you to have a dig at Watson H.

Hopefully a Fartown win but the way we are playing it could also be another heavy defeat, Watson and most importantly the players need to start putting in some big shifts soon if we are to even make the play-offs.

8 minutes ago, Stainesrover said:

After what I saw at Craven park last Friday, if Watson insists on playing 3 full backs then I think Leigh will win. Connor was awful, Pryce is getting found out now after the mass delirium of a few games last season. 

Indeed, Watson bemoaned the fact he had 3 full backs to pull the strings and it wasn't working but yet names Kieran Rush, a talented, promising half-back in the squad but still plays his 3 fullbacks....if he does that tomorrow it makes a mockery of his own comments.

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

Not like you to have a dig at Watson H.

I don't think he's wrong in what was said though to be honest. Watson has one of the biggest budgets in the league, and the biggest squad in terms of depth of quality. I don't think it's ever a good look for a coach to be singling out players publicly as Watson did when he talked about dropping McGillvary, he very much appears to be feeling the pressure at the moment. 

All this talk about no pressure on Leigh, I tend to disagree, their form and results have earned some pressure, pressure to carry on going.

It's not like their season is over, they've probably done enough to stay up but now the pressure is on them to maintain their form and look at pushing for the play offs, I'd suggest there is plenty of pressure on Leigh, internally if not externally.

16 minutes ago, meast said:

All this talk about no pressure on Leigh, I tend to disagree, their form and results have earned some pressure, pressure to carry on going.

It's not like their season is over, they've probably done enough to stay up but now the pressure is on them to maintain their form and look at pushing for the play offs, I'd suggest there is plenty of pressure on Leigh, internally if not externally.

In the context of Huddersfield vs Leigh, it's absolutely nonsense to suggest the pressure is anywhere but on Huddersfield and Watson going into the game. Hudds were going into this season targeting a major trophy yet could drop 2 points behind Hull in 10th by tomorrow evening, who have had an absolutely horrendous start to the season. 

33 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

In the context of Huddersfield vs Leigh, it's absolutely nonsense to suggest the pressure is anywhere but on Huddersfield and Watson going into the game. Hudds were going into this season targeting a major trophy yet could drop 2 points behind Hull in 10th by tomorrow evening, who have had an absolutely horrendous start to the season. 

Granted, but it's still not like their isn't any pressure on Leigh, of course there will be pressure on Huddersfield as they were expected to be pushing for the play offs not looking over their shoulders.