Midlands Hurricanes new coach

That's a real statement of intent from the Hurricanes. Lots of other work to be done though. Got to get a competitive squad for next season and sort out the stadium issues. Also need to be doing a lot more work with the local community and try to attract more locals to matches. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

Even at that level hes still out of his depth. 

Always makes we wonder why people say stuff like this. He served your club well for a number of years and deserves some respect. While it didn't quite work out in the end it doesn't make him a bad coach. I guess though that you have lots of experience in coaching so know what it takes to be an elite sports coach. 

• Like 6

Is it a statement of intent? He did well as a junior coach but is a head coach role suited to him and is a head coach role of a club away from the heartlands suited to him? It’s an interesting one certainly, I’m not sure if it’s a statement of intent. 

7 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

That's a real statement of intent from the Hurricanes. Lots of other work to be done though. Got to get a competitive squad for next season and sort out the stadium issues. Also need to be doing a lot more work with the local community and try to attract more locals to matches. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they moving into a 20k capacity stadium in Birmingham after the Commonwealth Games?

And again, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the Hurricanes oversee an entire Midlands league, including Coventry Bears? 

35 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they moving into a 20k capacity stadium in Birmingham after the Commonwealth Games?

And again, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the Hurricanes oversee an entire Midlands league, including Coventry Bears? 

That's the intention yes but nothing agreed yet. 

And there is a Midlands league but it's got nothing to do with the Hurricanes. When I said local community I meant local to the ground ie. Schools, and local people to build a fan base. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Disagree. Not had full squad to play with. Out of his depth when we matched Fev. By the way under Dunning we have beaten the current top 5.

By the way we havnt beaten Fev or Batley under Dunning, what are you talking about?? 

On 31/05/2023 at 10:49, Ragingbull said:

Even at that level hes still out of his depth. 

10 years' coaching service from the junior ranks up, and that's what he gets from fans. Classy. 

• Like 2

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

21 hours ago, Jughead said:

Is it a statement of intent? He did well as a junior coach but is a head coach role suited to him and is a head coach role of a club away from the heartlands suited to him? It’s an interesting one certainly, I’m not sure if it’s a statement of intent. 

I'm not sure the heartlands point is too pertinent - Hurricanes have got most of their players from Bradford and Hull for a number of years now.

19 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Short answer is no.

Mark Dunning was left in an impossible position at the Bulls. Bulls players must have been cheesed off when they were dropped to make way for Leeds Rhino reserves. So were the fans.

At least this season we have played more adventurous rugby. I couldn't have taken another season of Kearball.

Leigh Beattie, who has worked wonders at the academy and with the "young guns before Kear was appointed, has resigned today. Rumoured to be joining Mark Dunning at the Hurricanes.

Many thanks and good luck to Mark and Lee.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police