Leigh and Salford joint top.

15 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Would be great to see a new winner, as long as it's not Leigh. 

Its a good Job Northern Rail didn't sponsor Super League this year - would be awarded if Leigh had won the league.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

But for that bhugger Ryan Brierley who was the difference in the two Leigh  Salford games, Leigh could be sitting very pretty at the moment.

Everybody can look back and say " if only " Harry , I still believe the Wigan and second Salford games were ours but for losing O'Brien, the Cats game away was one decision from going the other way , only Wire away and our opener against Salford were comprehensive defeats IMO 

We know there's some difficult games coming , but I'm incredibly happy about where we are right now 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

We know there's some difficult games coming , but I'm incredibly happy about where we are right now 

Hey I remember we both and loads of other Leythers were saying 11th at the end of the season will do us, let's consolidate this year and push on next year. Mr Lam is proving what a very good coach he is to assemble a team so quickly and get the best out of each individual is brilliant, people forget he is the Aussies assistant coach to the figure head coach of Mal Malinga who has never coached a club team,  I have often wondered who actually does the coaching when the Aussies are in camp?

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hey I remember we both and loads of other Leythers were saying 11th at the end of the season will do us, let's consolidate this year and push on next year. Mr Lam is proving what a very good coach he is to assemble a team so quickly and get the best out of each individual is brilliant, people forget he is the Aussies assistant coach to the figure head coach of Mal Malinga who has never coached a club team,  I have often wondered who actually does the coaching when the Aussies are in camp?

Harry , we are where we are right now , we don't know how long this will last , we need to enjoy this now 

• Like 2

I'm fairly confident that Leigh won't go down now 😀 - I didn't think they would but I thought they'be be at best 9th.

Next year will be harder but I can't see Fev (or whoever else comes up) finishing above them so they're probably in SL for a while now. Good planning by Beaumont and his board, and good player recruitment and coaching.

• Like 1

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Harry , we are where we are right now , we don't know how long this will last , we need to enjoy this now 

Following Leigh since being a kid of about 7 I have been on this roller coaster more than most - age wise - I am well aware that this bubble can burst, but you have to enjoy if when you can,  whilst the inevitable may be just around the corner.

4 minutes ago, tim2 said:

I'm fairly confident that Leigh won't go down now 😀 - I didn't think they would but I thought they'be be at best 9th.

Next year will be harder but I can't see Fev (or whoever else comes up) finishing above them so they're probably in SL for a while now. Good planning by Beaumont and his board, and good player recruitment and coaching.

Mr Beaumont's best signing was Adrian Lam, with his respect in Australia and his contact book.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

But for that bhugger Ryan Brierley who was the difference in the two Leigh  Salford games, Leigh could be sitting very pretty at the moment.

It's an offence to use the words Leigh and pretty in the same sentence.🤮😱😵💫🙂😀

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Mal Meninga (see spelling) Coached Canberra Raiders for 5 seasons in ARL/NRL, Coached Queensland for 10 seasons in State of Origin and has been coach of Australia since 2016…some figure head.

He never coached Wigan, maybe they might have won something if They had Mal as their coach instead of Lam.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Mr Beaumont's best signing was Adrian Lam, with his respect in Australia and his contact book.

I'm old enough to remember Adrian Lam being blamed for Wigan being poor, and losing heavily to St Helens. Seems a very long time ago.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

4 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Mal Meninga (see spelling) Coached Canberra Raiders for 5 seasons in ARL/NRL, Coached Queensland for 10 seasons in State of Origin and has been coach of Australia since 2016…some figure head.

He never coached Wigan, maybe they might have won something if They had Mal as their coach instead of Lam.

Yes so he did at Canberra Anita, I got that wrong, but never the less what Mr Lam has done in 18 months at Leigh is nothing short of remarkable and that after most Wigan fans glad to see the back of him saying he was hopeless, I would sooner be watching this Leigh team than the boring stuff Matty Peets team are serving up, less French and Field of course, and they were both Lam's recruits at Wigan.

20 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes so he did at Canberra Anita, I got that wrong, but never the less what Mr Lam has done in 18 months at Leigh is nothing short of remarkable and that after most Wigan fans glad to see the back of him saying he was hopeless, I would sooner be watching this Leigh team than the boring stuff Matty Peets team are serving up, less French and Field of course, and they were both Lam's recruits at Wigan.

Could we see French and Field jump ship to the better team in WMBC or would they struggle to break into this Leopards team? Decent back up though.

• Haha 4