RL bars/places of interest in Carcassonne

I know it's out of season but I'm doing a long weekend in Carcassonne in a couple of weeks.  Any RL related recommendations?

"At times to be silent is to lie. You will win because you have enough brute force. But you will not convince. For to convince you need to persuade. And in order to persuade you would need what you lack: Reason and Right."

Bar Felix in Place Carnot is the only place we’ve found after tens of visits. 

Famous for Puig Aubert holding fort there every day and there are pictures of him inside.

French RL have offices on the road that faces the canal, walk from the town towards the railway station and throw a right the offices and shop inside are about 200 yards down.

Have a walk to the stadium and have a photo with the Aubert statue. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RS said:

Bar Felix in Place Carnot is the only place we’ve found after tens of visits. 

Famous for Puig Aubert holding fort there every day and there are pictures of him inside.

French RL have offices on the road that faces the canal, walk from the town towards the railway station and throw a right the offices and shop inside are about 200 yards down.

Have a walk to the stadium and have a photo with the Aubert statue. 

If you mean Chez Félix, that was named after (and originally run by) former international Félix Bergèse.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Fantastic place Carcasonne. Lac De Cavyere is worth a visit too - non RL related.

Anyone who visits should do their best to get a photo with the Puig Aubert statue at the stadium.

• Like 2

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Agree with the recommendations and I'm sure @audois has some suggestions. When I visited I also dragged my long suffering better half to Limoux (newly crowned French champions) and wandered around Stade de L'Aiguille.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

Agree with the recommendations and I'm sure @audois has some suggestions. When I visited I also dragged my long suffering better half to Limoux (newly crowned French champions) and wandered around Stade de L'Aiguille.

At the moment a huge pic of the CXIII captain is mounted (Bastien Escamilla) across from the gates into town La Bastide! rugby league here is well known

• Like 1

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

1 hour ago, barnyia said:

There's a few RL shirts in the entry to le jardin de carcassas restaurant in the castle, Karim Sabri the owner sponsors Carcassonne and a few local teams, great food too. 

I can also recommend it, I was in there only last week! 😃

If you go there, try the cassoulet, it's lovely. 😋

spacer.png

• Like 4

3 hours ago, John Drake said:

I can also recommend it, I was in there only last week! 😃

If you go there, try the cassoulet, it's lovely. 😋

spacer.png

A bit warm for cassoulet 😁.

Theres a France RL shop in the federation building. It's on the route du Minervois 

Loved the city, as well as Limoux, when I visited last year. Huge heritage in Bar Felix of course and I was also engaged in some RL banter by some of the regulars in O’Sheridans bar. For simple but outstanding French food I recommend Le Cathare - meat grilled in front of you on an open oven. One of my favourite restaurants anywhere.

On 17/06/2023 at 07:26, Just Browny said:

She sounds like a lucky lady! That said my missus once got dragged to a Fiorentina match when she was expecting a romantic stroll and drinks around Florence. 

There's a restaurant in LaGrasse where the owner is a RL fan and there's lots of local memorabilia. He is the sponsor of Orbieu X111, and last time I went there I came away with a sticker which is now in my toilet.

And now most definitely not RL related, if you would like the best meal in your life, I recommend the Barbican restaurant inside the hotel in the Cite  which is Michelin starred.

It is expensive,  but they do a weekday 3 course lunch for €45 including 2 glasses of wine and coffee plus lots of little bonus tasty bits. 

Impeccable service, great views, sitting outside and no riff raff.

• Like 1

On 18/06/2023 at 15:16, barnyia said:

A bit warm for cassoulet 😁.

In Summer weather, the only thing you're good for after a proper cassoulet is a nice long lie-down.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson