Sunday 9th July: L1: Oldham V North Wales Crusaders: KO 3.00pm, Vestacare Stadium, Oldham

Bedford Roughyed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Worried about this one, massive banana skin against the form team in the comp. Also was a tough game down in wales and a team that always seems to raise their game against us. 

please can we bring a second row and centre in, look very under equipped in that area with no baker

1 hour ago, ManchesterYed said:

Worried about this one, massive banana skin against the form team in the comp. Also was a tough game down in wales and a team that always seems to raise their game against us. 

please can we bring a second row and centre in, look very under equipped in that area with no baker

Forward I'd agree with. Why a centre?

8 hours ago, ManchesterYed said:

Oh come on….the only team they have beaten outside the ‘development areas’ is hornets last week….and that was down to silly disciplinary issues by hornets in the last 10 minutes.

Ill put those pesos I was given in my change at Oldham market on the yeds.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

Oh come on….the only team they have beaten outside the ‘development areas’ is hornets last week….and that was down to silly disciplinary issues by hornets in the last 10 minutes.

Ill put those pesos I was given in my change at Oldham market on the yeds.

I totally agree. However the trouble is we are a pessimistic lot, this side of the M62/ A627M. We are frightened to say that if they come within 30 points of us then we'll show our proverbials on the bridge over the river Roch, for fear of jinxing it. 🤔

• Haha 3

Very average performance. Had loads of ball first half but looked very slow and lethargic and only made a couple of chances that Rawsthorne did well to take. Second half we were very poor for 20 mins in the middle throwing a terrible interception 20m from our own line straight after scoring and constantly letting them back in the game.

Our on line defence needs a lot of improving. We seem to read whats going to happen but always get carried over our own line and concede really soft easy tries.

I thought Littler's use of the subs were really poor as well. Made one sub in the first half then when we were really struggling in the second wouldn't bring Moran, Whittel or Wilkinson back on.

Rawsthorne had a really good game scoring two good tries but had loads of good tough carries coming off our own line. Carr was good as well at centre and seems to be improving significantly. Nelmes and Whittel were good as normal and Hirst had some really strong carries but the rest didn't stand out too much

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, m brooksy said:

Very average performance. Had loads of ball first half but looked very slow and lethargic and only made a couple of chances that Rawsthorne did well to take. Second half we were very poor for 20 mins in the middle throwing a terrible interception 20m from our own line straight after scoring and constantly letting them back in the game.

Our on line defence needs a lot of improving. We seem to read whats going to happen but always get carried over our own line and concede really soft easy tries.

I thought Littler's use of the subs were really poor as well. Made one sub in the first half then when we were really struggling in the second wouldn't bring Moran, Whittel or Wilkinson back on.

Rawsthorne had a really good game scoring two good tries but had loads of good tough carries coming off our own line. Carr was good as well at centre and seems to be improving significantly. Nelmes and Whittel were good as normal and Hirst had some really strong carries but the rest didn't stand out too much

Wasnt the best but a wins a win.

Our middles and left backrow really struggled to hold Andrade.

Right side looked strong both sides of the ball. Some great backrow lines to open them up for Rawsthorne who had easily his best game for us. 

• Like 3

They didn't really offer much we just made them look better than they were.

This game demonstrated how much we miss Paga. The young lad Tyrer didn't seem to be aware of the players around him and could have on a number of occasions put players into good scoring positions but either hung on to the ball or went on his own. I am not criticising him he just didn't know our game plans.

Why did the lads, when they had possession, keep trying to smash their way though what was a disciplined defence?

Play like this next week and we will struggle to finish higher than fourth.

And a shock to our readers, I thought the referee had a great game - I didn't shout once!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Some very interesting takes on this forum recently. Very scratchy performance with some good bits and very poor parts.

Our left edge looked completely lost in attack with no Paga, we must recruit a seasoned pro half back whilst he his banned. Also we are in desperate need for second rows who hit hard lines in the Langtree mould, I’ve said numerous times now we’ve got the most creative play makers in McNally ridyard and wilkinson which shown for the first try with great link up, if you hit the right line I’ve every confident they will pick the correct pass and if we get them speed of ruck. 

big game at hunslet who are flying recently. Credit to crusaders today who gave a great account of themselves and have a strong forward pack. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jroyales said:

This game demonstrated how much we miss Paga. The young lad Tyrer didn't seem to be aware of the players around him and could have on a number of occasions put players into good scoring positions but either hung on to the ball or went on his own. I am not criticising him he just didn't know our game plans.

Why did the lads, when they had possession, keep trying to smash their way though what was a disciplined defence?

And a shock to our readers, I thought the referee had a great game - I didn't shout once!!!

Good post.

completely agree about the ref, had a decent game.

The  reason for smashing our way over the line was because our left edge was totally unconnected, we could only attack to our right. Can we please stop bringing in the Wigan youngsters who are not adding enough or anymore than our lads, slater looked completely low of confidence today. Bring experienced loan players in, surely we should be bringing loans or dual reg in who are better than what we’ve  already got at the club

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ManchesterYed said:

Some very interesting takes on this forum recently. Very scratchy performance with some good bits and very poor parts.

Our left edge looked completely lost in attack with no Paga, we must recruit a seasoned pro half back whilst he his banned. Also we are in desperate need for second rows who hit hard lines in the Langtree mould, I’ve said numerous times now we’ve got the most creative play makers in McNally ridyard and wilkinson which shown for the first try with great link up, if you hit the right line I’ve every confident they will pick the correct pass and if we get them speed of ruck. 

big game at hunslet who are flying recently. Credit to crusaders today who gave a great account of themselves and have a strong forward pack. 

Cameron ran some great lines today. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jroyales said:

Good point particularly about Paga. His kick chase for example had been exceptional. He’s a mover and shaker and a game changer. Outstanding player, as proven when he’s not there. Nice to hear a positive comment about the referee. Possibly unique o this forum!!’

• Like 1
  • Haha 1